Ford Lightning vs Dodge Hemi / sporty truck to pull atv

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2004, 04:06 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Lightning vs Dodge Hemi / sporty truck to pull atv

I drive a 2004 Ford with the 300 5.4,and I really like the truck alot. I havent seen the Nissan in person yet, but Their 305hp. can outrun the Fords 300hp by OVER 2 seconds 0-60mph[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Nissan can do it in about 7.2 seconds!! Very impressive.

I also read in POPULAR science Mag that they put a 1000lbs in the back of the Nissan, and STILL out ran the New Ford,New Hemi,and 6.0L Chevy trucks....damn!

bigger.

Old 01-08-2004, 04:34 PM
Weekend Warrior

$895. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-09-2004, 01:48 AM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: TexasPsycho
6 or 7 grand more for a ford? man for that price you can get an f-350 crew cab dually with the 6.0 powerstroke in it. mine was $32500 which is only $4000 more than the nissan and will drag more than twice what the nissan can pull. you can get an f-150 with 300hp for the same price as the nissan so it just depends on what you like because the towing capacity is so close it doesn't matter.

But You See Guys, The Reason Chevrolets Are Alittle More Expensive, Which You Could Get The 5.3L Loaded 2003 Silverado For the Price Around 29-30 Thousand, But If You Would Think About It chevrolets Also Have A Better Resale than A Ford Or Dodge Truck, But Now Days I Dont Know How True That Is. Chevrolets Claims It Is But You Cant Believe Ford, Dodge, or Chevrolet They ALL Will Tell You Just About Anything To See Customers.

Old 01-09-2004, 03:41 PM
Pro Rider

DID YOU SAY WHICH ATV IS THE BEST TO PULL A LIGHTNING OR HEMI?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 01-09-2004, 06:56 PM
Trailblazer

I dont know about yalls dealership but around here in NC the price for a loaded Z-71 is 34-36 grand. Yea there going to come down a lil but then taxes are going to wrap the price right back up. The new fords are about the same price.

Old 01-09-2004, 06:58 PM
Trailblazer

So im not joking when I say the damn Chevy and Fords are about 6-7 grand more.

Old 01-09-2004, 08:06 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: Suzuki587
So im not joking when I say the damn Chevy and Fords are about 6-7 grand more.

Yeah, Your Close Probrably Around Your Area But Around Here, The Z71 (Off Road) Extended Cab Loaded Will Cost Around 29-31 Thousand, While That New F-150 Extended Cab Will Run About 32-33 Thousand, Which I Can Understand That Because Its The First Year, And They Are Worth It But Whenever The Times Comes To trade The Chevrolet Will Bring Better Resale Value. But It Just Depends On What You Like, Me Personally Im A Chevrolet Man But Dont Get Me Wrong. I Will Respect ALL Of Ford, And Dodge Fans, Because They All Are Good It Just Depends On How Well You Take Care Of Them.

Old 01-09-2004, 08:13 PM
Trailblazer

Because If You Would Think, ALL Of Them Have Made Mistakes. It Just depends On What Youve Been Around All Your Life, But I Was Raised With Fords, And Dodges, But I Just Changed My Opinon, Because ALL Of The Chevrolets That Ive Owned Has Prooved To Me That They Could Last Just As Long Or LONGER Than a Ford Or Dodge. But Dodges Or Fords Are Right There With The BEST Car Manufactuers.

Old 01-12-2004, 09:49 AM
Pro Rider

i drove the toyota truck and wasn't impressed with it as far as a work truck or it's pulling power. i know they say they have the highest towing capacity but then ford, dodge and chevy all turn around and say the same thing. who's right? i like the ford trucks and at the time own an excursion which i am very pleased with but that doesn't mean i have anything against the imports, heck one of my favorite cars i have owned was my tt-supra which i sold and bought back from the man. as far as the resale i hear it from ford and chevy most about them having the best resale but how can you tell which one since they both claim to hold the crown? just buy what you like and don't knock other peoples choices.

Old 01-12-2004, 07:54 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: TexasPsycho
i drove the toyota truck and wasn't impressed with it as far as a work truck or it's pulling power. i know they say they have the highest towing capacity but then ford, dodge and chevy all turn around and say the same thing. who's right? i like the ford trucks and at the time own an excursion which i am very pleased with but that doesn't mean i have anything against the imports, heck one of my favorite cars i have owned was my tt-supra which i sold and bought back from the man. as far as the resale i hear it from ford and chevy most about them having the best resale but how can you tell which one since they both claim to hold the crown? just buy what you like and don't knock other peoples choices.

I Agree With Every Bit Of That, Thats What I do I dont Mean Or Diss Noones Vehicles They Are All Good I dont Disrespect Them Because I Dont Want Noone Disrespecting Mine. So Dont Get Me Wrong They All Are Good And I Dont And I Wont Knock Other Peoples Choices. I Agree With Everybit Of It TexasPsycho.

Quick Reply: Ford Lightning vs Dodge Hemi / sporty truck to pull atv