The new Dodge 1500 with the Hemi 5.7

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2003, 02:21 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The new Dodge 1500 with the Hemi 5.7

The new SRT-10 Ram is a very nice truck. But I think they should have left the Viper engine out and installed a High-Performance 5.7, yea the Hemi already has performance but lets say a supercharger or anything to bump it up to 500+ hp. Nothing beats the sound of a V8 under the hood. The Viper engine should stay in the Viper. I say this now but when I see one at the dealership im pretty sure ill change my mind.

Old 10-07-2003, 05:10 PM
Pro Rider

I understand you completely and I feel the same way. They definately should have Supercharged the Hemi for the SRT. But they are doing it for another car. I think its gonna be called the SRT-8 or something. Looks like an ugly futuristic station wagon with a blown Hemi. I think Whipple is making the blower.

Old 10-07-2003, 07:30 PM
Range Rover

Yea I think I know what your talking about DEMag, It was in one of my magazines I get. Maybe it was Car and Driver?

Old 10-07-2003, 07:52 PM
Weekend Warrior

Do yourself a favor and stick with the chevy. Much better quality and resale is night and day difference.

Old 10-07-2003, 09:46 PM
Range Rover

With all these problems and complaints I have been getting, shutupandride that sounds like something I need to do.

Old 10-08-2003, 01:06 AM
Range Rover

DEMag, I have a dude that comes to our local drag strip that has a 02 GMC Denali Truck Ext Cab 2WD. Im pretty sure it has the 6.0L 325hp V8. Well he pulled up for the first time and me and my friends were just chattin and we were betting he would run maybe about High 15s or low 16s in the 1/4. Well this dude ran a 12.1 I do believe it was. I know for a fact he was running NOS, I imagine he has a supercharger also but I dint hear it when he went by. But it is pretty awesome to see a Full Size truck like that run those numbers.

Old 10-08-2003, 04:22 AM
Weekend Warrior

Demag, how about this for comparison: You take the 5.7 Hemi add the Kenne Bell Charger and your 100shot, I take my 5.4 liter Triton add an ATI Procharger and 100Shot!!! To a truck that was already pushing 380 Stock hp with the Eaton M112 charger that I will say is the weakest of them all. I'm guessing the Ford will win, though it would definately be a killer race! Or I could go and get is sister: 03 Cobra Mustang, for the same price of the lightning I can run low 12's stock, also to burst your bubble, the 05 Lightning comes stock with 500hp 500Ft LBs Tqe with its 2cyclinder less 5.4 V-8!!!! Rol

Old 10-08-2003, 12:19 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: RANDR
Demag, how about this for comparison: You take the 5.7 Hemi add the Kenne Bell Charger and your 100shot, I take my 5.4 liter Triton add an ATI Procharger and 100Shot!!! To a truck that was already pushing 380 Stock hp with the Eaton M112 charger that I will say is the weakest of them all. I'm guessing the Ford will win, though it would definately be a killer race! Or I could go and get is sister: 03 Cobra Mustang, for the same price of the lightning I can run low 12's stock, also to burst your bubble, the 05 Lightning comes stock with 500hp 500Ft LBs Tqe with its 2cyclinder less 5.4 V-8!!!! Rol
You just don't get it. You are comparing apples to oranges. A truck built for hauling and working as opposed to a truck that was built for racing. If you want to keep going this road, fine. I'll put twin turbos on my Hemi and a 300 shot of Nitrous, pump out 1800HP, thus smoking the Lightning. Gimme a break. It would go on and on until we have both turned our trucks into Top Fuel Dragsters. Your statement about the Eaton M112 is wise though. Ford supercharges a V8 only to produce 380 HP. Whats that all about? The Hemi makes 345HP stock WITHOUT A SUPERCHARGER!!

Point is, if you take a 5.4L Triton and a 5.7L Hemi, and put lets say, 10 lbs of boost through both of them, the Hemi is going to produce more HP. Take that supercharger off the 5.4L Triton making them both naturally aspirated, and the Hemi comes out on top. Why does Ford have to rely on superchargers to make their HP? Hmmmm

Cobra is a cool car. They are definately fast. But why bring it into this conversation? Its a car, and we are talking about trucks. If you want to start another thread about a Cobra vs. ZO6 vs. Viper, be my guest. But it really means nothing here. And it wouldn't mean much in another thread either cause the other 2 would walk right past the Cobra.

You were not "bursting my bubble" cause I already knew about the next gen Lightning. You, on the other hand were still under the illusion that you owned the fastest production truck and I was just pointing out that you were wrong. And last I checked, the "05" Lightning is not being produced yet. Therefore, it is not a production vehicle so it can't be compared to the SRT-10. Once you can buy one, then we'll talk. Its like me talking about a "05" supercharged SRT-10 that has 700 HP stock. Yeah, the "05 Lightning" is 2 cyls less, but it is SUPERCHARGED!! The SRT-10 is not supercharged. I would sure hope Ford would make 500 HP with a supercharger, which they should have been doing all along. Oh, and the SRT-10 produces 500 HP and 525 lb ft torque which is still more then the next generation Lightning.

Old 10-08-2003, 01:00 PM
Range Rover

Im not taking sides, But DEMag does have a really good point between the Hemi and Lighting.

Old 11-01-2003, 02:46 AM
Weekend Warrior

Originally posted by: DEMag
Originally posted by: RANDR
You just don't get it. You are comparing apples to oranges. A truck built for hauling and working as opposed to a truck that was built for racing. If you want to keep going this road, fine. I'll put twin turbos on my Hemi and a 300 shot of Nitrous, pump out 1800HP, thus smoking the Lightning. Gimme a break. It would go on and on until we have both turned our trucks into Top Fuel Dragsters. Your statement about the Eaton M112 is wise though. Ford supercharges a V8 only to produce 380 HP. Whats that all about? The Hemi makes 345HP stock WITHOUT A SUPERCHARGER!!

Point is, if you take a 5.4L Triton and a 5.7L Hemi, and put lets say, 10 lbs of boost through both of them, the Hemi is going to produce more HP. Take that supercharger off the 5.4L Triton making them both naturally aspirated, and the Hemi comes out on top. Why does Ford have to rely on superchargers to make their HP? Hmmmm

Cobra is a cool car. They are definately fast. But why bring it into this conversation? Its a car, and we are talking about trucks. If you want to start another thread about a Cobra vs. ZO6 vs. Viper, be my guest. But it really means nothing here. And it wouldn't mean much in another thread either cause the other 2 would walk right past the Cobra.

You were not "bursting my bubble" cause I already knew about the next gen Lightning. You, on the other hand were still under the illusion that you owned the fastest production truck and I was just pointing out that you were wrong. And last I checked, the "05" Lightning is not being produced yet. Therefore, it is not a production vehicle so it can't be compared to the SRT-10. Once you can buy one, then we'll talk. Its like me talking about a "05" supercharged SRT-10 that has 700 HP stock. Yeah, the "05 Lightning" is 2 cyls less, but it is SUPERCHARGED!! The SRT-10 is not supercharged. I would sure hope Ford would make 500 HP with a supercharger, which they should have been doing all along. Oh, and the SRT-10 produces 500 HP and 525 lb ft torque which is still more then the next generation Lightning.
Well, RANDR is right, the Ford Lightning is faster. I mean, are you really comparing a dodge to a Ford Lightning? Come on now. The Lightning has chunks of "hemmis" in its stool.

It'll be faster off of the line as well. Heck, I embarassed one of those "hemis" the other day with a Ford Harley Davidson F-150 and it isn't as fast as the Lightning. The guy punched it and I had to leave him. I keep thinking of that commercial where the guy rides up and asks "does that thing have a 'hemi'?" I'm thinking yeah, you'll need it too! lol!

Aside from the performance, those new dodge trucks are just plain butt-ugly. I know the dodges are plagued with that "window pane" thingie on the front but are the dodge designers smoking crack or something? Now the thing is all the way across the front. I call it the "pig snout". It's like the window pane has mutated way too big and now it's taking over the front of the truck. What's the deal? Yes they are butt-ugly but perhaps they aren't fugly yet. Maybe next year they'll just be plain fugly. It's strange because they get uglier the more you look at them. They look too "wallish" from the side, the tail lights are too big, head lights are too big, and of course you have the window pane pig snout on the front. And they still aren't as fast as a Ford Lightning. I'm not losing sleep over it though [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

You were talking about taking the supercharger off of the Lightning. Why? It's stock. If you have to cripple your opponent, ok, let's smoosh some bananas up one of your tailpipes and see how it compares then? It's just silly. And you were talking about modifying the "hemi" to be faster than the Lightning. Well, let's strap a rocket engine on the Lightning then. Where does it end? It's pointless. Leave them both stock and the Lightning is just plain faster. And.... the paint isn't going to start peeling or the body won't rust before you can get it paid off [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: The new Dodge 1500 with the Hemi 5.7