Cheap atvs on ebay

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2004 | 01:00 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Cheap atvs on ebay

I found an offer on ebay for a Polaris Pedator for $2700 free shipping. I emailed this guy he said the bike was in Holland Amsterdam. I set everything up with this guy was just about to got to Western Union to wire the money to him, when I found the same pictures of the atv online on some guys website and he said poeple were stilling his pictures and making fraudulant advertisment on ebay. After that I found this forum and relised I almost got screwed. So I emailed this guy selling the predator and said, If you are are ripping you piece of sh*& I have a friend that is in a US Army base that just might be heading your way. Don't be suprised muthaf*#$&. After that I never head from him. Never buy stuff international, if it sounds to good to be true it is.

Old 02-06-2004 | 01:20 PM
Trailblazer

the other day there were like 25 of these up on ebay, unreal. i wish there was something more ebay could do to stop these guys. the sad part of it all is that im sure there are some people who will actully send the cash and wait and wait for nothing to come in the mail. i guess all we can really do is warn people who might be thinking about getting an atv off ebay.

Dave

Old 02-10-2004 | 11:27 AM
Pro Rider

their not all scams on ebay. just stay away from the ones that claim to be over seas or that are price to good to be true unless you can come to an agreement with the seller to actually veiw the atv in person before paying. i have bought two atvs and three vehicles through ebay and all turned out good but i drove to the seller and inspected them before buying. if the seller is honest he will have n problem with letting you inspect the item first. the thing with most of the out of country atv's is they don't exist and if they do how is going to spend $2000 to $3000 to fly over there and inspect it when they are only saving $3000 to start with? the cons know this and also know nobody is going to fly over to get their money back, if they could be found. these scams have been being investigated and the bad thing is a lot have been found to being run from the U.S. the con runs the add and says it's in spain or somewhere and ask for money by western union. once the money gets to the western union office it is forwarded to anther office back in the states where the con picks it up. once it leaves the country it is hard to track and the U.S gov can do nothing to a seller that is suppose to be in anther country. a report said about 20% were being run out of america and the rest from all over the world. if you find a item and are interrested make sure the seller will let you inspect it in person. my last vehicle required me to fly to rhode island but the savings was worth it and i'm still driving the vehicle. just keep on your toes and let your brain do the thinking and don't let the desire to own the item over ride your common since. do a lot of reserch on the product and the seller and ask a ton of questions. if the buyer doesn't like all the questions or his answers don't seem quite right then move on to another.