How about them WILDCATS!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2003 | 05:06 PM
|
Pro Rider
Default How about them WILDCATS!!

I know we have some OU fans on this site, so I just need to take this opportunity to rub it in a little. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
I knew it could happen.
Sproles for Heisman!

Old 12-07-2003 | 07:23 PM
Pro Rider

I'll give it up to them, they showed up ready to play and dominated the sooners![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] Just makes you wonder how good they would have been if Roberson hadn't of gotten hurt. Hopefully the Sooner can rebound for the national championship and the Wildcats can thrash Ohio State in the fiesta bowl!

Old 12-07-2003 | 07:27 PM
Pro Rider

No way Jose'... tOSU will prove once again that Tressel is the best big game coach in the land.

Old 12-07-2003 | 08:35 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Andrew Thomas
No way Jose'... OSU will prove once again that Tressel is the best big game coach in the land.
Does November 22nd ring a bell? Go BLUE! Although Tressel is a good coach with an excellent record. I respect what he's done with the Ohio State program since replacing John Cooper.

Oklahoma doesn't belong in the national championship game, period. LSU and USC should be playing. OSU had their butts kicked by 4 TD's? Come on, that's a thumping. The best quote I saw on Yahoo sports was "The easiest way to answer the question of who should be invited to the national title game is to tell whom, unequivocally, should not. That would be the team that got waxed by four touchdowns on Saturday, couldn't win its conference and fooled us all into believing it was invincible by crushing a bunch of sorry teams from Texas. "

Ohio State will show that the Big XII had a bunch of mediorce teams. Michigan has their hands full with the Number 1 team in the nation. Go Big Ten!

Old 12-07-2003 | 09:03 PM
Pro Rider

Yes tOSU lost to scUM but scUM is a very good team this year that plenty of people picked to win the NC. Even goofy Lee Corso said it would be LSU vs dUMb. He was very close. Besides even with Coopers pathetic record against scUM the last 50 years the series is even. The last consesus NC for scUM was 1947... so I feel OK, even though tOSU can't repeat now.

I think USC is good, but beat on weak pac-ten teams. If scUM plays USC like they played the Bucks & Purdue then I believe scUM wins the Rose. I hope the Big Ten wins the ESPN bowl trophy again! Yes the Big Ten is weak they all say.... Why then last year did the 6th & 7th place Big Ten teams beat the SEC & Big12 runners up in bowl games???

The Big Ten is held to a higher standard period. Nobody & I mean NOBODY does it better than scUM & tOSU every year in Nov.

FWIW, I was at the Shoe a year ago when the Bucks beat scUM 14-9. That's my favorite game [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

I agree, go Big 10

Old 12-07-2003 | 09:19 PM
Pro Rider

Come on, that's exactly what I would expect from a Buckeye fan. Who cares about the Wolverines last consensus NC? The Huskers won a game vs. Missouri on an illegal play in 97'. If the Wolverines would have played the Huskers that year, I'm confident they win outright. The Huskers were lucky to jump when they did. Considering UM beat a good WSU team in the Rose Bowl.

I was at the BIG HOUSE for the UM/OSU game in 1997, one of my favorites I may add!

Go Blue!

Old 12-07-2003 | 09:46 PM
Pro Rider

My point was scUM has the best PR dept. in the NCAA.
You'd think they had the best winning % since the beginning of major conference play or something. No wait... tOSU does...!
The only reason scUm got a share of the title was to prove next years BCS was needed.
Everyone knew NU was a better team.

Besides last year tOSU beat the "unbeatable" the streak of 34 in a row etc.
I always give you guys credit though. You guys are the original scUM. Cryami is just a cheap ripoff, A scUM of the south if you will.

Ever notice that "the game" seems to be scUM trying to ruin another great tOSU season. I actually wish scUM was a better team. It would be nice to be able to play loose with nothing to lose & everything to gain by beating a better team & ruining their chances at an NC. Oh well, we will continue to play for chances at the NC & you guys can continue to try to spoil tOSU's good seasons instead of having any yourselves.

Old 12-07-2003 | 10:38 PM
Pro Rider

Another OSU fan pop'ing off. UM ruining OSU's season? The Bucks get to the last game and get beat by a better team. It's that simple. The Luckeyes can't handle the heat when they play Michigan. I see you're bitter, just relax.

You can go back 50 seasons, I'll give you the entire picture. Series Record: Michigan leads 57-37-6 (2003).

Going back to 1901, Michigan has been recognized with 11 shared and/or outright national championships. You should know the information before sharing it.

Divison 1-A Winning Percentage Ranks

Hail To The Victors!

* 11 National Championships
* 40 Conference Titles
* 831 Wins - #1 All Time
* .746 All Time Winning Percentage (#2 All Time)
* 28 Straight Bowl Appearances
* 3 Heisman Trophy Winners
* #1 In Attendance - 107,501

Old 12-08-2003 | 07:03 AM
Pro Rider

Please 11 NC's. From 1901??? From who? Not the AP ! What sharing NC's with up to 5 teams!!!!??? including tOSU. (Which tOSU doesn't even count because they aren't that desperate) If it makes you feel good beating on the sisters of the poor & high school teams for your history go ahead. You are really reaching. It makes you look desperate. Most of scUM history is just that, history.
Here is a great story. On the way to a game in Chicago scUM gets off the train in South Bend IN. They round up some guys & explain the game of football to them. Next thing you know Notre Dame knows football. Great story right? Except for the fact scUM counts games like that as a win! Lets go beat on some people who have never played football & call it a win. That is kinda sad really, but whatever it takes to make you feel good. Your schedule back then was worse than MN's is today!
Also, Cooper was the one who couldn't handle pressure. You'll remember both Woody & Earl had winning records against scUM.
How many "real" NC's did Bo win? (not counting games against blind schools of course)

You can polish your "attendance championship" trophys from the dump called the pig house, tOSU can polish their "real" NC trophys.

Old 12-08-2003 | 08:33 AM
Pro Rider

Oklahoma belongs just as much as USC or LSU, the fact that there isn't a playoff system is a crime and hopefully this will lead to at least a 4 team playoff with the top 4 bcs teams. USC's weak schedule is what cost them, that and a loss to a sorry Cal. team early in the season. So when OU beats LSU and Michagan takes care of USC all will be well![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: How about them WILDCATS!!