high school: time of your life NOT!

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2003, 12:55 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default high school: time of your life NOT!

man this post is depressing, high school sux yes. It doesn't get easier no. Life isn't going to get easier at all. more responsibilities and all. if you think high school is bad then your in for a rude awaking. i hate getting up for school too but if i do it every day and work my *** off then i can get into a good school and job and all that. But just cause you working hard doesn't mean you can't have fun at the same time. I work 25-30 hours a week and do high school and i tell you what, i hate going to work and school but just keeping a positive attitude and not bitching all the time makes it a good deal, and it's worth it. C'mon is life really that bad? Work will be just like school if not harder but you also have money too... it never get's easier on it's own but you can make it easier. Enjoy life, you only have one.

Old 12-10-2003, 02:15 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: PUSHINTHELIMIT
don't have a b!tch nagging on them all the time

I hope you were referring to someone you know, and not all of our wives,
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

When I look back at High School, I don't see it as the time of my life, but I do have fond memories, and regrets. I wish I would have payed more attention, dated more chicks, and been more involved in stuff. I never believed when people would tell me, " You will need to know this for the future," and man were they right!!! And if you think College is going to be easier, you're mistaken. Yeah, you have alot of freedom, but sometimes that can be a bad thing. It all pays off in the end!!!!!

As far as the time of my life, I am experiencing that right now. I'm happily married, have a beautiful daughter, have a great job, am buying a house, own a few vehicles, have alot of nice stuff, etc. etc. Don't get me wrong, my lifes far from perfect, and thiers things that I wish were diffrent, but I can work on that. This may not be the the path for everyone, some do better with the single life, so to each is own.

LIFE IS WHAT YOU MAKE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-10-2003, 03:16 AM
Pro Rider

School will be what you make of it. I look back at highschool and college and have fond and fun memories, but I would never consider it the "time of my life". Enjoy where you are at in your life as every new stage in your life will bring new happiness and also new difficulties.

Live for today, but plan for tomorrow.

Old 12-10-2003, 10:22 AM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey, you have to pay your dues, just like everybody else...........OR, settle for a crappy, low paying job!!

Old 12-10-2003, 11:25 AM
Pro Rider

Life really isn't that bad in high school, no responsibility, no worries except when to get you next lay and your next drink. When I graduated my parents said get to school or get to working. That sucked, but now I get paid to go to school in the Air Force. Life is sometimes tough after you graduate, you need to make decisions that when you are in school you wouldn't ever imagine making. The military is the easy way out for sure, guarenteed pay every 2 weeks, 30 days of vacation a year. Down side is you work 24/7. Trust me life is not bad in high school, you COULD after all be dead, homeless, or seriously injured.

Old 12-10-2003, 11:58 AM
Pro Rider

Most people look back and wish they could do high school over again. But they also only remember the good times they had or wish they had had and forget about all the tough times. High school was hard, but it wasn't necessarily school, it was that time in life where you are supposed to be making decisions about your future when all you want to do is have a good time. It's about wanting to be free and still being under somebodys control. Everybody went through it wether you were at the top of the class or the bottom.
I don't expect anyone to take my advise because I didn't take it from anyone when they gave it to me, but here it is anyway. Try and study even if the crap doesn't make any sense. Someday it will make sense and you can't go back and re-do it. Don't tie yourself down to one girl or guy. If you do, you're blowing the best dating years of your life. Don't plan on getting married til your about 30.
There is no such thing as love when you're young, it's all lust. Admit it and you'll be a lot happier. Love is what you have after you have spent 10 or 15 years with someone and you still enjoy being with them.
This is just my experience and I could be a syco whack job, but I've had a lot of jobs, been married twice, been in the military over 20 years and have a little experience under my belt. Take it for what it's worth.
Is that enough stiring of the pot?

Old 12-10-2003, 12:58 PM
Royalty Rider

Originally posted by: Diablo

LIFE IS WHAT YOU MAKE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You are young, and will soon understand that when you move out of your parents house and have to fend for yourself...Now I can sit here and tell you that high school is going to be your "wonder years" but I wont, because I dont know you and dont know what you really have to deal with in high school...but if all your complaining about is homework and term papers than...ssshhhh

Just think about it...things could be worse.

Old 12-10-2003, 05:12 PM
Pro Rider

let's see once school is over comes house payments, car payments, insurance payments, gas bill, electric bill, water bill, phone bill, insurance payments for vehicles, home, health and life. and don't forget about the savings for your kids collage, and your retirment. also get to spend more money on food, clothes, repairs for home and cars, property tax, income tax, registration for vehicles, inspection fees for vehicles, gasoline for vehicles and tires. if you use anytype of credit cards then those payments pop in the picture. and then comes the kids. kids are great and they will really put your prioritys straight. i love both of mine but man do they cost me $, everytime i turn around they are involved in something. karata fees, dance fees, gymnastic fees, soccar fees, equipment fees for my son to race and lets not forget the braces. some days it seems like the money goes out faster than it comes in. me and my wife both have pretty good jobs and make a good living but there is always going to be somebody holding their hand out wanting your money for something. since you have all this to take care of plus whatever else comes up you have to have a dependable job. you get up at 5am and go to work 5 days a week and get home at 5pm if you are lucky. once your home you have a few minutes if you are lucky before you either have to take one of the kids to some type of activity or do some type of work around the house or even worse write out the checks for the bills. the weekend finally makes it and if you don't have to go to work you can finally go riding, that is if the grass is mowed, leaves racked, cars washed or you don't have a soccar game or mx race to go to. it's life. even with all the stress and headachs i wouldn't trade my life with anyone. i have a wonderful wife of 19 years and two wonderful kids. i know school seems bad and i remember when i hated it so much thats why i didn't go to collage but went in the military instead. but 12 years of school is not that long compared to the 15years i have been in this palnt and i have 20 more to go before full retirement. just make the best of your school years and try to enjoy them.

Old 12-10-2003, 05:56 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Home at 5pm and 5 days a week?? I need too find another line of work. I certainly do not miss high school...it sucked. College was a lot better...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]....we will leave it at that.

Old 12-10-2003, 06:02 PM
Pro Rider

I think a lot of things look like more fun when you look back at them, and can sometimes look pretty grim looking forward. In jr. high, I thought four years of high school and four years of college was going to take FOREVER. Now, I have one semester of college left (and it still looks like forever) and things I did in jr. high don't seem like it was that long ago.

So in the end, play sports in school. Really helps pass the time, and gives you something that's A LOT of fun to look back at.

Quick Reply: high school: time of your life NOT!