high school: time of your life NOT!

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2003, 12:32 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default high school: time of your life NOT!

Appreciate it Diablo. This really isn't my first post though, its been about a month since I have been on here and I forgot my password lol.

Old 12-11-2003, 12:45 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 167 Likes on 166 Posts

High school can seem like the longest 4 or 5 years [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] of your life. Make the most of it. There are many things out there after high school that are a lot worse.

Old 12-11-2003, 04:57 PM
Pro Rider

Dont get me wrong. I work my a$$ off and get pretty much straight A's and B's on every report card. But that doesnt mean I cant hate what I'm doing. I know in college the work is probly harder but you get to make your own schedule of class times, and you have more free time. Most people have thier licenses and can go out with thier friends etc etc. The thing that really kills me is the work in highschool is not going to be used in the average persons every day life. Unless your a scientist or something you dont use Algebra or most of the other subject FORCED on you. In college however you study subjects that have a greater use in the average persons life.

And dont worry I'm taking full advantage of ALL dating opportunities! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 12-12-2003, 03:24 PM
Trailblazer

[The ACT test is pretty much irrelevant nowadays...most all schools use the SAT for entrance consideration.}

Bull in the midwest they don't even require you to take the SAT because almost none of the schools look at them. The SAT are more for the east coast and west coast schools. The ACT's are what colleges in the UW system look at

Old 12-12-2003, 05:15 PM
Pro Rider

The best days in High School were those days that I was suspended and sat at home watching the price is right

Life only gets better!!!
Every day after graduation is up to you...finally some freedom
When I turned 20 I thought there is no way this can compare with 19
Well every year has gotten better than the last...I'm not saying I havn't lost friends, felt pain, been sick, or been dirt broke, what I am saying is growing older allows you to appreciate what you have....in closing I'd like to thank the ENTIRE faculty of Rancho Buena Vista High School for wasting four years of my life and leaving me with nothing more than a diploma.

Old 12-12-2003, 07:18 PM
Pro Rider

I'm guessing your only a freshman in high school since you said you have 3 1/2 years left. Well I'm a sophomore in high school, and it does get better. I remember thinking the same exact thing as you...THIS SUCKS.....in my freshman year, but so far my sophomore year has been a lot easier. From my experiance and from what some of the seniors I know have said, your freshman year is the hardest, and after that it gets easier, and a lot more fun once you get your license[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img].

Old 12-12-2003, 08:17 PM
Trailblazer

I'm a sophomore in highschool too. I go to a private school and it is harder than anything else. I've already pulled two all-nighters doing homework this semester. the only thing that keeps me going is riding every-other week.

Old 12-12-2003, 08:39 PM
Pro Rider

I had a great time when I was in highschool. Girls in every corner, friends to hang out with, and almost no responsibilities other than turning in your work on time. I wouldn't say highschool would be the best part of your life simply because you haven't really started your life at that age. College, now those were some crazy times...I'm pretty sure I did some stuff I could go to jail for while I was in college. I still wouldn't rank that the best times of my life. I would say the best time of my life is now. I have a great career, have great friends, travel all the time, ride my atv all the time, and I'm still young! Only 24 years young. The one good thing about being highschool age would have to be the lack of responsibility. You all may be living with your mom and dad right now, but there will be a day when you will have to fend for yourself. When that day comes you have to be prepared because nobody is gonna be looking out for you but yourself. So make sure you learn all you can and go to college or learn a trade. Just always have something to fall back on cuz you never know what is ahead of you. Learn now and have fun later. Cuz learning later will probably be too late. JMO

Old 12-12-2003, 09:05 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: labanshee
[The ACT test is pretty much irrelevant nowadays...most all schools use the SAT for entrance consideration.}

Bull in the midwest they don't even require you to take the SAT because almost none of the schools look at them. The SAT are more for the east coast and west coast schools. The ACT's are what colleges in the UW system look at

That may be, but you never hear anyone talk about their ACT scores....it's always their SAT scores

Old 12-13-2003, 01:42 AM
Pro Rider

I hate those rich kids born into rich families that dont have to do anything but sit on there *** and wait to inherit the family buisiness or not even have to go to college and be set for life, getting the latest quad or the fastest car. well, im going to open up an ATV dealership, that sells quads, parts, and has an mx track, trails, and drag straits, looks like ill be going to college just like the rest of you [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]. BTW, school isnt bad for me at all, just i dont like Euclidean Geometry with the teacher i have, shes kinda nice, but at one time there was only 3 people passing her class, I still work my *** off in her class and i cant stand her teaching style, and that class isnt a bunch of idiots, just such a change from how easy algebra a1 was [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: high school: time of your life NOT!