high school: time of your life NOT!

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2003, 06:14 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default high school: time of your life NOT!

Im your cable guy. make my own hrs. work when i want. ( i do work 6 days a week) No boss,Noone to answer to,Take a half day lunch if i decide, Make good money. I am prolly one of the fewer people in this world that loves there job. yes, I LOVE my job. I look fwd. to driving an hr to work. As long as im not hungover or if my buddies are going riding. but then again, i can take it off. anyways, point is, Just passed HS. No college but went in military for 4 years. That straightend me out. overseas in conflict will do that. so for you kids that dont know what to do. Call your local recruiter, and like ANYTHING else, the military is what you make of it. So please dont belive STORIES ! cuz mostly thats all they are.

Old 12-10-2003, 06:18 PM
Trailblazer

I am in college now and believe me high school is a gift from God. High school seems like Kindergaten compared to college. I am getting low C's in all my classes and I got straight A's in high school. You may be assigned papers to write towards the end of your semester nut here in college I don't write anything under 5 pages, and I pay these people thousands of dollars. If you don't do your work and hate high school don't try college. If you do not want to do 5-8 hours of homework a day then don't go to college. High school was the best time of my life, it was easy I had friends, some money and most importantly my banshee. Now every weekend I try to go home to the place that I said that I hate just to see my old friends and go ridding.

Old 12-10-2003, 07:24 PM
Pro Rider

I guess it really depends on what school district you are in. My school district is the stricktest public school in central texas. They also value education alot more than neighboring districts. I guess it is because I would say at least 80% of the kids that graduate from this school district go to college. My sister moved with our mom back towards east texas and she makes straight a's. Before she left she was making worse grades than I am. Maybe I should move to my mom's even though it would crush my dad's heart. I know if went to a school in any large city I could make some better grades. Do college's look at the difficulty of a school district?

Old 12-10-2003, 07:31 PM
Pro Rider

and there alot of worries in high school if you have parents that ride your a$$ constantly. I think I should move to my moms. Time for a surrounding change. I've been with my dad for 10 years. I don't know how I would tell him this though.

Old 12-10-2003, 07:38 PM
Trailblazer

I don't believe they can rank public high schools as one being better than the other. There are private high schools that would probably help you get into a college easier but for the most part colleges look at you grades you got through out high school and mainly at you ACT and SAT scores. There really is no system to determine the toughness of your high school. School grades as a whole are given to the state you live in on those big long tests you take in you sophmore year. These just tell how the grades your school got ranked compared to others. You shouldn't want to give up though. My college is fairly easy to get into but for me it is hard as F$%k. I hear all (everyone of my friends) that went to colleg say how easy it is and I am stuck here getting crappy grades. I just can't say maybe I will go to a different school I am going to have to tough it out and just work that much harder. In the end I will be a better student than most of my friends. If you are seriously thinking of going to school there is no time to waste slacking off. You must get the best grades and the best study habits possible at an early time.

Old 12-10-2003, 07:53 PM
Pro Rider

"High school seems like Kindergaten compared to college. I am getting low C's in all my classes and I got straight A's in high school. You may be assigned papers to write towards the end of your semester nut here in college I don't write anything under 5 pages, and I pay these people thousands of dollars. If you don't do your work and hate high school don't try college. If you do not want to do 5-8 hours of homework a day then don't go to college."

What the hell are you taking in college? I am a psychology major working on a masters degree in education administration, getting A's, and haven't done 8 hours of homework total. Thats total, not yearly, associates, bachelor work, and graduate classes. Pick something you enjoy and it will come easy to you. As for high school, I hated it. Looking back now, I would love to go back. The best thing about high school is that you are with the same peer group every year. That's what I miss, now I have my friends at college, but never see the same people in classes. Enjoy high school while it lasts and get in every picture you can (You'll regret it if you don't). And don't worry about bills. My perosnal theory is that if you enjoy what you are doing, then everything else will take care of itself

Old 12-10-2003, 09:26 PM
Pro Rider

The ACT test is pretty much irrelevant nowadays...most all schools use the SAT for entrance consideration. They don't look at how difficult your school district is, they don't really care, they just look at you SAT score, your grades and what kind of classes you took (advanced classes--Chemistry AP, English AP, etc).

Colleges also like to see community involvement on you application....

The military has the ASVAB test that they go by.....

Old 12-10-2003, 11:18 PM
Trailblazer

yes....i would like fries with my burger.

Old 12-11-2003, 12:03 AM
Trailblazer

Im 18 and this is my first year in College. College is a whole lot different from highschool. Someone said you have more free time and more fun. Hmmm well im sorry to bust your bubble, but you do have homework, projects, presentations, public speeches and more. You can't lay back just barely pass like you do in highschool, you have to study and bust your *** because if you don't, your wasting your time and money. My First semester is about to end, and to be honest with you I slacked off a little because I had no idea what I wanted to do. I passed everything but dint get the grades I really wanted. Now I know what imma major in and I am very motivated and ready to start studying and reach my goal. If you want to get what you want in life, you got to work for it and I have finally seen the light and I am very glad I did. But dude, stay in highschool and dont give up. I admit, Highschool is pretty tuff, but your just getting started.

Old 12-11-2003, 12:08 AM
Pro Rider

batgeek-LOL! Wait a minute, I worked at a fast food joint while in high school![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] LOL!

Suzuki587- First off, welcome to the forums! Good post, Glad you decided what to major in, and good luck with everything!

Quick Reply: high school: time of your life NOT!