GOLDEN WEST RIPPOFF!

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2000, 07:01 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Only order C.o.d. from GOLDEn WESt CYCLE!!!check your part before you pay.These clowns made me wait 2 months for a pipe.I cancelled it after that and they said ok.Then 4 weeks later a pipe arrived at my door! After I had ordered from another company. and it wasn't even the right pipe I ordered!I am still trying to get my money back. CAUTION! These guys use every lie ever heard!

Old 06-22-2000, 08:26 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a somewhat similar experience with another major advertiser. I assume you have returned the pipe you cancelled out on, but if not I would do so and send them a registered letter outlining your previous conversations with them, and demanding a full refund including shipping charges. If you paid by credit card, you can file a dispute with the card company & send a copy of the letter you sent the company you dealt with, along with the receipt for the return shipping charges. If you paid by check it gets a little more complicated but you still have some recourse.
You can contact the postal authorities & explain the situation to them. Although no actual fraud was comitted which they could prosecute, they often contact the unethical company & often can persuade them to refund your money in a timely manner.

Old 06-22-2000, 11:38 PM
Trailblazer

I too got ripped off by them, but in a diffrent way. If you look at there ad in DW or any other mag you will see a Pro Design in line super cooler for 16 bucks. Anyway i ordered one and when it arrived it was a Golden West Cycle super cooler. I dont think it is as big as the Pro Design. I would cal that false advertisment.

Old 06-23-2000, 02:22 AM
Pro Rider

alright I ordered a FMF fatty pipe,power core 2 silencer,dg nerfs,holeshot fronts on douglas red labels and braking brake pads from golden west. I wait and wait and wait and then I call them it was all shipped today. so I wait and wait and wait finally I get something it is the pipe and silencer. IT IS THE WRONG KIND. I have a 86 trx250r it is for 87-89 trx250r well we made a bracket for it but my silencer was hanging real low I jumped and up came the caliper and bent in the silencer so I kinda tweeked it to get up to normal height. then i wait and wait and wait for the rest finally the tires come NO WHEELS. we called them and they said we didn't order wheels.well when we got the credit card receipt it said we did so we called them. they kept lying and lying and lying and way to make a long story short it took another 2 months for the nerfs and brake pads to come and the nerfs where put togother wrong. needless to say I order from a high perfromance atv shop who orders from white bro's it is a always right and always on time. and if I don't order from the I order from rocky mountain who I have always had great luck with.

Old 06-23-2000, 01:29 PM
Trailblazer

Check out Moto-man.com also, order is right and gets to you very quick!!! No problems!

Old 06-23-2000, 02:41 PM
Weekend Warrior

text deleted by atvbbs as unrelated to the topic.Posts not following guidelines may be reported via moderator button.

Old 06-23-2000, 09:45 PM
Pro Rider

I also had horrible luck with Golden West Cycle. Long long story, just stay away.

Old 06-25-2000, 12:36 AM
Trailblazer

I had very good luck with golden west cycle... I ordered a FMF PerforMax complete exhaust, main jet, and K&N filter for my 1998 300ex... the whole exhaust , main jet, and spark plug all came and they sent a note and said the K&N will be there in a week because they were out of them and sure enough in a week it was there...

Just thought I would share my story...