What should a high school pimp like myself be driving, please answer!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2003, 02:29 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What should a high school pimp like myself be driving, please answer!!!!!!!!!!

Dang!! I wish I had that much to spend on a car when I was in highschool! The only thing I could afford back then was a banged up 67 Camaro, I paid 1500 for it...I fixed that bad boy up though...by the end of highschool I was rolling hard in that thing....

Old 12-24-2003, 02:34 PM
Pro Rider
Default What should a high school pimp like myself be driving, please answer!!!!!!!!!!

You say you have $10,000 to $15,000 (!) to spend on a vehicle. That tells me you intend to borrow the money, as not only is it unlikely that a fifteen year old fellow has saved that much but if you had, you'd know exactly how much you have. I still think it nuts for a young person to go deeply into debt for a first vehicle, and irresponsible and unethical for lenders to dangle such a carrot, but that probably more reflects my failing to keep up with the times. School parking lots these days seem full of new vehicles that belong to the students, and it seems to be a rite of passage for the new driver to have one of these, whatever it takes to get one.
While I cannot reccomend a specific vehicle for you, I think that you should evaluate what practical vehicle will serve your needs and do what you need it to do in a reliable and reasonably economical manner, as opposed to selecting a vehicle solely based on how much of a chick magnet it might be. But now I sound like my dad did. What's happening to me? Agh! Ignore my advice! I've become one of them!

Old 12-24-2003, 02:40 PM
KGB
Pro Rider

Well, I think that a High School Pimp, like your self, should buy my 1981 Chevy K204x4. It runs perfect, a little rusty, but only $1700.00. That ought to put your ego in check, and make you realize you are not quite the pimp you think you are (the real High School Pimps are seniors....lol).
Just Playin, but seriouly, the biggest mistake I made in vehicle purchasing was thinking I was a High School pimp and getting over my head in debt. High School is for Pimpin' not being a slave to work and truck payments.

Old 12-24-2003, 02:41 PM
Range Rover

In all honesty, if you are just turning 16 and will be getting your first car/truck. Get something CHEAP and dependable. I know you dont want to hear this but you will be an inexperienced driver ( even if you have driven around farms etc) and chances are you will have at least a minor accident in the near future. Pick a car/truck that is common and inexpensive to maintain. This rules out a dodge stealth, the rx7 LOL. You will want something that is cheap to INSURE. You may laugh at the suggestion of a GEO or civic but IMHO thats some of the best advice I have read. These cars are cheap to maintain, insurance is reasoanable and they get very good gas mileage. Ive not looked up the figures but the Geo probably gets in the neighbourhood of 40mpg, a pick will give you 22mpg if you are lucky and dont drive it into headwinds LOL.Dont be in a rush to impress the ladies by getting something you cant afford to drive, get something practical and it will pay off in the long run. Besides 16yr old girls will ride in a rusted out VW rabbit if it means not having to ask their parents for a ride LOL. With $15000 you wont be able to afford to buy,maintain,and insure a new vehicle without help from parents so take this into account too. Try to find a 2-3 yr old vehicle,perhaps a nice lease return and you will be much better off. Lease returns are generally well maintained and low mileage so your upkeep should be minimal for the first couple years.

Old 12-24-2003, 02:41 PM
Pro Rider

That's what you get for asking a car question on a quad forum.

Old 12-24-2003, 02:43 PM
Range Rover

At his age, 16, chicks dig anything with 4 wheels and doors that shut as long as they dont have to ask their parents to drive them around LOL. And besides you dont want a gal thats attracted by your car anyway LOL.. you want one thats attracted too you... LOL

Old 12-24-2003, 05:57 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: dragracer789
PUSHINTHELIMIT- I have a 86 elcamino body (looks like yours almost) Its on a 4+4 frame, with a BIG lift kit. Its got complete 4-wheel drive. 36 inch tires tires. And best of all its got a 396 big block bored to 402. Il get some pictures and PM you.
Sweet man! My Dad has another Elcamino with a 500HP 350 bored to a 355. It's got a tunnel ram with 2 big *** carbs sticking about a foot out of the hood LOL!!

Old 12-24-2003, 08:58 PM
Pro Rider
Loves riding and can't get enough.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A Tote-goat that only burns a little oil.

Old 12-24-2003, 11:04 PM
Pro Rider

get a domestic truck with a v8 under the hood. If you want a sporty truck to haul your quad with I would suggest a dodge dakota with the 5.9 under the hood. Get some flowmasters, a stereo, rims, and tires and call it done. If you have the chance to pick up a ford lightning for under $15000 forget about the dakota and pick up the lightning. You will have one of the fastest cars at your high school. You will get raped by insurance companies if you get the lightning though.

Old 12-24-2003, 11:20 PM
Range Rover

Get a 1951 Studebaker Commander convertible 138 hp. They are fast and the chicks really dig them.

Quick Reply: What should a high school pimp like myself be driving, please answer!!!!!!!!!!