CANCER

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2004, 12:39 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CANCER

SandBlaster, and others;
I'm really sorry to hear about your aunt's cancer; best of luck to her. I've had cancer (non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) for over 4 years now and just want all of you to know that if you or any relative is diagnosed with this, *do not panic*! This form of blood cancer is very treatable, as a result of the modern medicines (monoclonal antibodies, in my case). If the researchers continue to be successful, chemotherapy will be made obsolete. I'm still riding and enjoying every day that has been given to me.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 04-18-2004, 03:26 PM
Pro Rider
Default CANCER

Originally posted by: TRoss0422
Yeah, I know how ya feel--My aunt died last November of bone cancer then my grandpa died last May from a brain tumor [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]...Just pray and keep your spirit up, even in the worst of times
my step moms nephew died of bone cancer.

his story is in a book called chicken soup for the pre-teen soul.

its called ryans story, and its in the section on death and dying.

Old 04-18-2004, 04:02 PM
Pro Rider
Default CANCER

thats a total bummer, but you gotta stay positive, its the only way you'll make it. both my grandparents were hit by a drunk driver, gramps was alive but was burned to death under the engine, gram died instantly. i hate how things work out some times. the court ordered the guy for 6 months in a minimum security holding facility, for killing 2 people!!!! and he had to pay us 200K. but ide give it all back just to have them back, they had just bought a house in holland where they were going to run out the clock the way they always wanted to. but some guy didnt feel like taking a cab home so i guess a horrible horrible death is what they will have to deal with.

Old 04-18-2004, 05:15 PM
ktk
Range Rover
Default CANCER

I'm sorry to hear of the bad news. What makes it bad to me is the young children. I have a son that will be 2 in July and since he's been here on this earth, I'm more sensitive to stuff like that. I always thought it was tragic to have a child die, or lose a parent but now it just makes my stomach sick of the thought.

It sounds like your aunt was a good lady. If she does pass on, you all now have a responsibility to take care of those kids. They will need you all more than your realize. May God bless your family.

Old 04-18-2004, 05:27 PM
Pro Rider
Default CANCER

oh she should make a video man, the little girl may not appreciate it now but when shes a little older she will be glad to have it

Old 04-20-2004, 01:30 AM
Pro Rider
Default CANCER

Originally posted by: sandblaster360
Originally posted by: TRoss0422
Yeah, I know how ya feel--My aunt died last November of bone cancer then my grandpa died last May from a brain tumor [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]...Just pray and keep your spirit up, even in the worst of times
my step moms nephew died of bone cancer.

his story is in a book called chicken soup for the pre-teen soul.

its called ryans story, and its in the section on death and dying.

here is my step moms nephews story.

RYAN'S STORY
the most daring, coragious and patient person I have ever known was my cousin. ever since I can remember,my cousin,ryan,and I seemed to have a special bond. I have to special memories of ryan when we were very young.
the first one happent on a hot summer day, at disney land in california.I can still hear the laughter and voices from the people around us. I remember looking up when ryan pointed toward the sky. my micky mouse ballon and his were tangled up togather.
the second memorie I have is when ryan and I were playin with little cars in our grand parents family room. he had a green car and I had a brown one. I smashed my car into his and broke it. I didn't mean to, and I felt bad. looking back I now realize how important and special memories are. then my uncle rick, ryans dad, moved his family to pocatello, Idaho. I didn't get to play with ryan anymore, but we kept in touch by phone.
it had to be some years since I had heard from them, until one particular evening. ryan was seven and I was six at the time. after my uncle rick and my mom had talked,my mom hung up the phone. thats when she told me that ryan was sick.
ryan had leukemia. it was in his bloodstream and eventually went to his bone marrow. can you emagine? a seven year old! I dont know how he had the courage to live, each day knowing he was dying of cancer.
after that, we kept in touch alot over the phone. finally when he was eleven, they came to california to visit us for 2 weeks. ryan was able to come cause he had wished for this, and the make-a-wish foundation was paying for it. this special foundation tries to make termanally ill children's wishes come true. ryan wanted to go to all the near bye theme parks like disney land, universal studio's and sea world.
one day during the visit, ryan and I went inline skating togather. we sat down on the curb, and we talked about when we had been little togather. he told me hismemories of us and I told him of mine. he remembered the baloons at disney land. it meant a lot to both of us that we remembered the same things.
eventually, the 2 weeks came to an end, ryan and his family went back to idaho. we kept in touch throughout the next year. when ryan was 12, he needed a bone marrow transplant, but the odds were against him. the chances in finding a donar were one in ten million poeple, so ryan had to have an expieremental transplant. it had been tried only once before, and the man had died. the doctor took ryan's father's bone marrow and gave it to ryan. ryan lived through it.
about a month before he had his transplant, I talked to him on the phone. I felt embarressed to tell him I loved him, but I did any way, right before I hung up. finaly, ryan died. he had so much medicine, and so many chemicals in his body, that his lungs couldn't help him breathe any more, and they colapsed.
I was sad when he died, yet I felt peaceful about it. I was so glad I had worked up the courage to tell him that I loved him. now I'll never be ashamed to tell someone I love them before it's to late.
although I miss him, I think it's better that he isn't suffering anymore. now ryan walks with god in heven.

kelli frusher, 14

(and heres a peom that ryan wrote in the hospital)

MY LIFE

some times life can be a pane
when your life stays the same
I've had cancer not once but twice
and it isn't very nice.

I hate cancer really a lot
it ties my life up in a knot
some times I think the doctors lie
at times I think I'm going to die.

before I end up in a coffin
I'll do my fun things soon and often
I had my transplant-it wasn't fun
it's hard to believe I'm finally done.

some times I wish I could roll over and die
now I think I'm going to cry
when your there you have to roll with the punches
especially when it comes to there nastey lunches.

when I went to recieve what my dad had to give
I was the second to do it,but the first to live
it was hard for us all-it could make you hystarical
but if you think about it . . . I'm a living miracle.

ryan alexander

(ryan was twelve when he died on november 9, 1994.)

Old 04-20-2004, 01:44 AM
Pro Rider
Default CANCER

I went to the hospital last night and my aunt is doing a lot better.

when I got there she was wide awake, her eye's were all the way open and every thing.

the first thing she did when I got there was get sit up and say (gimmy old school, It's a hand shake.)

she is one of the most funny and ausome poeple I know. (god bless her)

she was so happy I cut my hair.

when they first found out she had cancer, for the second time. I agreed to shave off my mohauk (not shure how to spell that) when she went bold. that's right I have a mohauk. or had.

this was the fist time she had seen it cause I hadn't had time cause I was really busy with school. I did it when we thought she wasn't going to live for more than a day. (it was freakin 2 am.)

Old 04-20-2004, 01:56 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default CANCER

Hang in there dude. I can understand what you are going though. My uncle died of cancer 6 weeks ago. He had it 10 years eariler and defeated it, but then it came back last year and he was just so tired of fighting that he finally gave up. The last month he went from 170 lbs to 95 lbs. Very sad. But I know he was a christian and he made his peace with his maker before passing, so I know he is in a better place and not hurting in this world any more. Our prayers are with you in this time and who knows, God might see fit to answer your prayers now and sustain her life. May God bless you.

Old 04-20-2004, 02:26 PM
Range Rover
Default CANCER

cancer is something that effects almost everbody at one time or another in life, in my case (i'm only 30) it has greatly affected my life twice in only two years. my mom was diagnosed with panceratic cancer last september 30 and passed away only four months later. it still is a complete blow to our family, she was the backbone of our family. its strange how somebody you love can be gone so quick, but life goes on. my uncle was diagnosed with a brain tumor in may of 01 and passed in may of 02 he was a stong man and that was a very difficult year for the family, atleast i didn't have to see my mom suffer any longer than she did, when someone gets as sick as cancer and cemo can make you its a terrable difficult process to go through hopping they may get better, i wish my mom never did the cemo at all. God Bless You

Old 04-20-2004, 03:25 PM
Range Rover
Default CANCER

Man You guys ain't going to believe this but this thread is very sad I almost cryed my eyes got very watery. My grandmother passed away this year on new years eve. We had planned we were going to glamis to celebrate the new year,

They called my lil brother on the 23rd of december and said my grandma had gotten a heart attack so we
went to the hospital and she was in critical condition

I though my life was over I didn't care about anything but to see her live but they put her on a life support while my parents came back from there vacation,

My grandmother raised me like her own till this day I cry and cry just to remember her, We never know how much life is worth till you loose something so valuable,

Always treat everyone nice cause when there gone it's too late!!!

Quick Reply: CANCER