Anyone get in troube with the police before

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2004, 06:51 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone get in troube with the police before

Anyone have a story about getting in troube with the police before or getting away from police??
Like how many of you ride on the road??

Old 06-15-2004, 07:00 PM
Pro Rider

The day I got my YFZ,
I took it on about a 2mile ride to a friends house to race his 450R..
About 3/4 of the way there, I passed a motorcycle cop on the side of the road with a radar gun...I know I was doing about 55, because thats what the speed limit on the road was, and I was about the same speed as the other car on the road...
Anyway, I turn to see if he pulls out, and yes, he does...I ended jumping off the road onto an under-developed plot of indian reservation, and taking the long way to my buddies house...

Old 06-15-2004, 07:06 PM
Trailblazer

so you got away.. lol cool

Old 06-15-2004, 08:24 PM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Got my first ticket when I was about 12 years old (that was in the late 60's), for riding a dirt bike on the street. 40 years later I'm still doing it, but haven't been caught since!

Old 06-15-2004, 10:14 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think as we get older we learn when it's safe to ride on a street and when it ain't.

When I was about 10 yrs old we were riding down the street to go home. We topped a hill and passed a cop goin the other way. He turned around and we gunned the atc's. We went over a large tractor made berm that was about 4 ft tall.

The cop hit it at about 45 mph and launched the car! When he landed the tires were pointing different directions and it was leaking everything! We rode until we came to a cliff with the cop still following us. We had no where to go except straight into a huge Juniper bush so we rode right into it.

The cop stopped about 50 feet from the bush, walked right by the bush with us hiding in it and walked to the edge of the cliff. He then walked back to the car and called for a tow truck.

We waited in that bush for over an hour till they took the car away.

20 years later I'm still riding on the streets and now I ride with cops. Go figure.

Old 06-15-2004, 10:36 PM
Pro Rider

i got pulled over once last year. he was just like " ya know thes atvs are not sopost to be on the road and i was like o yeah realy..ya. then he just like will i know your in the mid of no where so just take it easy alright bud... it was cool that he let me go though..

Old 06-16-2004, 04:55 AM
Trailblazer

wow people can get away from the police LOL what was you guy's thinking when you saw the cop coming for you??

Old 06-16-2004, 09:38 AM
Range Rover

my friends do it all the time.. they're always running from the cops sometimes they even wanna get chased.. but the cops here suck they're pretty easy to get away from. i only heard of about 3 people ever getting caught. i think its pretty funny lol...

im not allowed to drive my dads 4 wheeler down here anymore tho cuz my bro got hit by a car and that finished moms nerves.. until i get my dvx that is but then ill be riding here all the time! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 06-16-2004, 01:19 PM
Pro Rider

I ride on the streets to look at houses and to visit friends that live nearby. I wave to people and nobodt seems to mind. at least if you arnt going a million miles per hour and dont look like a jerk.

Old 06-16-2004, 01:50 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I use to ride on the roads around my house. But after having the cops called numerous times I had to stop. Now everytime I just fire my bike up, the cops show.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Anyone get in troube with the police before