Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tough Decision Not To Ride Anymore

ROTFLMAO!!!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 07-01-2004, 01:28 AM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hey been there with back pain and injury herniated disks .. took a while but still ride like a mad man when approiate only 39 years young , i'm going to fight my baad back by working on keeping trim and healthy ,, i do 4 different kinds of crunches to work all the stomach muscles the doctor told me the secrect to a strong lower back is strong stomach muscles ,, so i do 400 crunches each day , don't feel right if i don't exercise ... get er done boys [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-01-2004, 03:36 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by: kybabyn
im only sixteen and have expeirienced quite the back problems already.
I know how you feel. Im 16 also and when i preload, i put a lot of stress on my back and it just starts hurting. When i raced, It started hurting at the beginning of the 3rd lap. It kept me from clearing this 70+ft tabletop that i had been planning on clearing the whole day, next time im going to take a pain reliever before the race so that doesnt happen again.

Old 07-02-2004, 12:39 AM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hondaracer word of advice when your body gives you pain its for a reason it's telling you that you've hurt your body , take care of it now or pay for it the rest of your life !!!!i've had back surgery and have got 2 screwed up wrists from coming up short on a double so listen to your body its not indestructable !!!!!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-03-2004, 08:54 AM
Pro Rider
Lets Ride!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

STRONG ABS: As someone already pointed out strong abs are the key to a strong back.

Sorry to hear that you can't ride anymore, that sucks. I'm 32 and just got back into it after 10 years of not owning a bike to ride. Now that I'm so out of shape I'm sore all the time from using those riding muscles that you never use for anything else.

Personally I would just alter my riding style. I know it's tough but for me it would be better than nothing. For me I'd probably trash my sport quad for a nice big utility beast that I could crawl around on. But I know some riders just can't change the way they ride and the urge to do "stupid" things is too strong. I know I find myself riding over my head more than I should.

Fortunately for me my back has not been a problem too often. But I have a history of concussions, and a bad knee, ankle, shoulder and a hip flexor that acts up at times. I know how you feel though since I played hockey all my life including two years semi-pro until injuries forced an early retirement, so I can totally relate when you can't do something you love.

Good luck man, maybe someday you'll find a middle ground.