Tough Decision Not To Ride Anymore

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2004, 09:14 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tough Decision Not To Ride Anynmore

Recently, I had to make the very tough decision to give up riding my quad. My body just can't take it anymore. The doctors say I am crazy for riding with my condition and One more unfortunate accident and I could be paralyzed easily. My arthritis sucks!!!! and I have other back problems as well, due to 20 years in the plumbing business. It's just too much for me to risk having a family and all. I am selling all my stuff, Quad,trailer, helmets, goggles etc... Look for an ad in the for sale section to follow shortly.
I will still frequent this site often as I have enjoyed the reading among other things.

Now it's time to purchase that travel trailer that my wife and I have wanted for a good 5 years. At least now I will be able to afford it after selling off everything.

Jason

Old 06-21-2004, 09:23 PM
Super Quad Patrol
Smokes meat all the time!

you have to trade your straight axle for an IRS quad

I will not be riding for a while either,,,,so I can sympathize (back trouble)

I will be getting rid of my quad soon.

Old 06-21-2004, 09:53 PM
Pro Rider

The way I like to ride, even IRS wouldn't help. Besides it's more the possibility of being thrown off than the rough riding that causes my decision. I have dealt with the back pain for many years and it does suck!!!

Jason

Old 06-21-2004, 11:00 PM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had to give up mountin biking recently, because the uhh saddle, kept giving me a groin injury. I have now taken up trail running, and I am having a blast! Didn't think my knees would stand it, but with all the new (very expensive!) shoes and running on dirt, I'm not having any problems.

My dad is pushing 80, and he decided after the last ride that he is going to have to give it up. A sport bike with aftermarket suspension, could change your mind. Like riding on pillows!

Old 06-21-2004, 11:35 PM
Pro Rider

im only sixteen and have expeirienced quite the back problems already. i had a bad bmx injury and for a year my back was not so good. pains with impac and jumping then this january after a quading accident i tore a back muscle and after a ukranian dancing acrobatic fall i broke two ribs. i just got out of fisio last month and am slowly getting back into things. still doesnt feel the same though.

Old 06-22-2004, 12:53 PM
Pro Rider
Default Tough Decision Not To Ride Anymore

Ah yesss, 16 years old. Those were the good ole days, LOL. If I were you , I would be careful with that young body before it gets too old as mine has. I was reckless at one time in my life also and I am paying for it now. My 2 cents

Jason

Old 06-22-2004, 01:16 PM
Weekend Warrior

Sorry to here that [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]
But all good things must come to an end,eh?
I just started riding and already had my first accident....hit a tree stump and broke my shoulder. Everyone is telling me to give up riding now...but I can't....yet.....I've only just begun!
I wish you luck

Old 06-22-2004, 01:21 PM
Royalty Rider

Thats too bad. But your health and safety are a priority. But you will always have the memories and sometimes those are the best of things [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Wish you luck,

Queen

Old 06-22-2004, 01:31 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

You're all making me sad. You've got to have something fun to do. How about buying a on road cycle.

Old 06-22-2004, 02:46 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Coyotechaser
You're all making me sad. You've got to have something fun to do. How about buying a on road cycle.
Oh yeah, that is just what I need LOL. My wife would sooner have my cahones on a sling. Besides, I think street riding is way more dangerous than dirt riding.

Jason

Quick Reply: Tough Decision Not To Ride Anymore