Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Boycott These Bands ...

what does bush bring to the table?

Old 08-05-2004, 12:36 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Trasher:

Kerry might be from a fairly affluent family, but Edwards is not.

Either way, neither even compare to the Bush empire and the loads of oil money in that family.

Old 08-05-2004, 12:38 PM
Trailblazer

SEMO:

Bush is all about what people want to hear too, that's politics 101. Don't you like to hear what Bush has to say?

Old 08-05-2004, 12:40 PM
Trailblazer

trasher:

No change huh? Guess you think the economy is doing well? Guess you think our standing in the world is good?

OK, that's your interpretation. Many others see it another way.

Old 08-05-2004, 12:50 PM
Pro Rider

Oh, here we go again......[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

What does Bush bring to the table....

Went from recession to 4% GDP growth thru tax cuts (which will also increase treasury revenue)

Taliban is desecrated.

Al Queda is minimalized.

Worst terrorist supporting regime on earth is thrown from power, captured Hussein.

Renegade CEO's are dropping like flies after robbing the public blind under last administration (with the worst ones getting pardoned).

Unfortunately, Bush is NOT protecting our southern border, and the Republicans with their idiotic strategy of trying to out-democrat the democrats, are spending money like a lottery-winning crack *****.

Old 08-05-2004, 12:52 PM
Pro Rider

Ted Nuggent needs to put some concerts on, he is by far one of the most conservative celeberties out there who is not afraid to speak his mind.....and he rocks[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 08-05-2004, 03:27 PM
Trailblazer

Rascal:

What do you mean 4% GND from recession? I'm not following.

We were not even close to a recession when Clinton left office, we had a huge surplus which Bush has admidtedly spent. I'm not judging whether or not it was justified, since he had good reasons to spend money. What's done is done!

However, I personally don't feel his economic plan is good enough to get the money back.

His tax cuts were nothing but vote buying IMO. Most people are not smart enough to see that they are getting drilled in other areas which are making up for it.

I know you like Bush but honestly, how do you feel about his stands on things like healthcare and education? He seems to be making those things a second tier problem. He talks about them but his platform is just old, tired and has been tried and failed before. I like Kerry's healthcare reform ideas, they are some of the best ideas I've seen ever. With Kerry we may actually see a nationwide healthcare solution.

My problems with Bush also stem more from what I've seen happen to people's bank accounts in the last 4 years then his world dominating posture. I've seen many small business owner taking it on the chin because of Bush's refusal to give them a tax break on things like the out of control property tax and school tax issue.

He really is letting the rich people and large corporate empires get away with murder. He's catering to them because that's where his votes are. Just like Kerry is targeting the "common man" because that's where his votes are. The line needs to be drawn a little farther down the line and Bush will not bend. In all honesty I think that's what might lose him the election. If he would just bend a little farther and not alienate the meat of the economic America he might pull down more votes.

Old 08-05-2004, 03:32 PM
Pro Rider

Anyone thinking about voting for John Kerry needs to go here and watch this video.

Here is the url too:

http://www.stopjohn.com/movies/hanoi-john.htm

Old 08-05-2004, 04:01 PM
Trailblazer

dbeck:

So what?

A man who was wounded 3 times in war and wants out is what?

A man who has seen killing and dying in war first hand, and doens't want to see it again suddenly protest the killing. So what?

I think it's safe to say most American's agree that Vietnam was a huge mistake and accomplished little in the way of anything tangible.

I've seen all the movies and the Kerry bashing, as much as I've seen all the Bush bashing. All that aside, there are actual current issues at hand. Bringing up things like this only solidify what some people are saying about the Republicans right now and in the past. That they are only in it to make the other guy look bad because they can't win on issues alone. I'm not saying I agree with this, but pushing this agenda as you are only points to such things. Just like Moore's 911 movie has been branded, so has all this.

The issues at hand, what each candididate is going to bring into the office is what we all need to focus on. Vote for who YOU feel is going to be best for our future, who YOU feel has the best platform.

Passing of political slander by either side is silly.

Old 08-05-2004, 04:09 PM
Pro Rider

It always amuses me that people bring up Kerry's war record as proof he is a bad leader... but ignore their own hero's draft dodging through the ANG, where he didn't bother to show up for drill. A pilot that flew a desk when he did show up because he would not take the mandatory drug testing required for pilots.

Some leader, there. I'll take weak purple hearts from someone who went over that.

Quick Reply: Boycott These Bands ...