Boycott These Bands ...

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2004, 04:10 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Boycott These Bands ...

Liberal Weenies would be a good band name.

Old 08-05-2004, 04:31 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Cheapass
Liberal Weenies would be a good band name.
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 08-05-2004, 04:46 PM
Pro Rider

I wish John McCain or Colin Powell had the resources, backing, ability to run for presidential election. Time and time again they have both proven to be stable decision making leaders....what our country needs. IMHO

Old 08-05-2004, 05:10 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: NSA1499
Rascal:

What do you mean 4% GND from recession? I'm not following.

We were not even close to a recession when Clinton left office, we had a huge surplus which Bush has admidtedly spent. I'm not judging whether or not it was justified, since he had good reasons to spend money. What's done is done!
This is why I said "here we go again" [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

In April of 2000 the stock market began its crash, the NASDAQ went from 6,000 to 1700, the dow from 11,000 to 8,000. Trillions of dollars of investors wealth (all of our 401K's) vanished. The economy was tanking all year before the election and we were in recession after Bush took office.

Right now, this minute, we are enjoying an annualized 4% growth in the economy. Any faster rate of growth and they begin raising interest rates to cool it off.

The "surplus" was a speculative figure based on capital gains tax revenue from the stock market gains in tech stocks which were all a fallacy. Hence the 6000 to 1700 value catastrophe. That money was a dream on paper, it never really existed nor was spent.

Old 08-05-2004, 05:16 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Dang Shady, you're smart![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 08-05-2004, 05:21 PM
Pro Rider

Just fulla bull. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 08-05-2004, 05:39 PM
Trailblazer

Rascal:

That's not true at all. I just looked it up and the DOW was almost 11,000 when Clinton left office. The NASDAQ was almost 3,000.

It might have gone down in 2000 but the dates read 11/14/00 for the low. They went down after the election and the controversy it caused. It had NOTHING to do with Bush or Clinton.

The FED cut rates in effort to stop a shot fall and THAT controversy of the election caused that. It was neither office at fault, no one could have stopped it.

Old 08-05-2004, 05:42 PM
Range Rover

IMHO.. Bush is a self serving megalomaniac who told a bold face lie to america to get us into Iraq.

No man who dodged military service as he did should even be allowed to run for office, much less control the most powerfull military in the world. He has no qualms about sending Americans to die because he has never had to watch one of his buddies get his head blown off.
Kerry might not be the best choice for President but while he was serving his country being wounded three times bush was back in the states smoking pot and partying using his daddy to keep his *** out of harms way.

I want John McCain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That is a MAN!!

Oh and by yhe way I am a Republican not a "liberal weenie" I just dont blindly adhere to "party lines"

Old 08-05-2004, 10:30 PM
Pro Rider

If we could only get a hero like Bill Clinton back.....all will be better. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 08-05-2004, 11:07 PM
Pro Rider

Well shady, just as the stock market money was a dream.....You could make the argument that flooding the system with money, loose mortgage requirements, all time low mortgage rates and tax returns (given during war and resulting in the greatest deficit known to mankind) .......pumped up the housing markets, then led to a refinance boom, as people cashed out on equity. Kept the economy going.

This will prove to be nothing but a dream if the housing market trips, my man.............

Quick Reply: Boycott These Bands ...