Disturbing ATV attack. Please check out!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2004, 10:43 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Disturbing ATV attack. Please check out!!

Originally posted by: Cheapass
Yup. Irresponsible riders driving landowners to extreme measures.

Can't say I blame the landowners, in many situations. Some take it too far, but so do some of the riders.
Amen to that Cheapass ..

If everyone practiced a little common decency and showed respect for what doesn't belong to them, everything would be fine. We have heard of similar problems around here where a land owner got tired of ATV's and snomobiles cutting across the back of his property. He put up a fence interrupting the trail and the people using the trail beat the fence down. They took offence to his blocking what they considered "their" trail. And that's where it all begins. Unfortunately .. where does it end???

Old 08-18-2004, 10:48 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: garyc660R
The page certainly points out some bad situations....of course from an extremist point of view. Such words as "gangs" is pretty funny too me.....but someone that does not know better could easily see atv's as a bad thing. I will not take up for the bad apples though....they are wrong. If the owner has no trespassing signs up, stay off his property. But if the owner resorts too deadly force, he is a criminal and should be prosecuted as such.

I've often read posts of people defending their property on here. Some a-hole comes in to steal their quad, so they fix to shoot them claiming defence of their private property. Same thing applies here as far as I'm concerned. If you can be prosecuted for defending your actual land then you should also be prosecuted for defending your posessions with deadly force .. JMO

Old 08-18-2004, 11:39 AM
Pro Rider
Lets Ride!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I remember years ago ATVs and other off-road machines were thought to be piloted by rebels and loners who had no respect for anyone or anything. We were treated like scum by people.

I was so happy to see the image change over the years. When I got back into riding after so many year of not being into the scene, I was shocked to see families and young girls in the pages of Dirt Wheels and 4-Wheel Action's letters sections, sitting proudly on their machines.

Of course there are going to be jerk-offs that try to ruin it for eveyone, but that goes for any sport or activity. It's not very responsible reporting on the part of that writer and he should be ashamed of himself.

As was stated in an eariler post, people do abuse land and do disrespect public and private property. Why? I wish I knew. All of the people I ride with are very respectful of nature and the land we are using no matter who owns it.

I'm hoping that no AP stringers pick up this article and pass it on. It's a pathetic effort and slanted to make us all look bad.

Old 09-16-2004, 11:46 PM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: duke9074
"Sporting model-names like Cannibal, Warrior and Scrambler, [and Predator ("The Baddest" ATV. ), Raptor etc. ], all-terrain vehicles (ATVs) and trail bikes embrace a rough and rebellious image. Ads for the popular off-road vehicles depict gritty, go-anywhere machines aggressively piloted by riders who look fearsome in their helmets and face masks. As sales of the vehicles grow, an alarming number of riders appear to be taking the rebellious image too far.... Too many riders flout the law.

i like this one i mean come on atleast spell the quad name right "cannibal" itsnt it cannidale is this not false information agianst us and the warrior and scrambler are far from the baddest atvas like it says. i mena ocme the scramble is 4 wheel drive camable cutting its power alot and the warrior is a small 327 air cooled 50 mph machine i had one ther ento much to them. Predator and raptor mabye we should call them prey and ruble i mean thats all they are. That one bother me but yet dodge can sell a 500 horse power truck i mean truck nad no one cares!!
they did spell it right....cannibal..made by cannondale...but i get your point....bunch of bullsh!t

Old 09-17-2004, 02:16 PM
Weekend Warrior

I've had problems with ATV ripping up my yard! I have 10 acres of land and have trail that goes from my house to off the back of my property which leads to 100's of acres of state land to ride on. At my property line I have a no trespassing sign on BOTH sides of the trail and people still come in, Most turn around when they see my mowed yard but the occational person will just drive right across it and down my driveway to the dirt road I live on! One idiot on a Raptor came across while I was MOWING the lawn and when I tried to stop him he blipped the throttle ripping the crap out of my lawn. I personally OBAY all posted signs and In Minnesota you can ride on ALL property UNLESS posted, Farm land (includes hay fields), or asked to leave by thye owner. Even on posted land I've found 75% of the time if you go have a nice civil conversation with the owner they will allow you to use there land.

Old 09-17-2004, 02:37 PM
Pro Rider

Absolutely!, When I was younger and lived on our farm farther up North we had 100 acres and we never posted our land and we had hunters out on it hunting deer, and my Dad was out hunting and one fellow said "Oh, Is this your land"?, and my dad replied: "Yes, It is", then the guy said: "Do you mind if I go through it"? And my dad told him if he respected it and didn't litter or desecrate anything(Fences, trees, etc.) It was ok. Nowadays you have too many people that don't respect anything, or consider others and think about their actions. We live in a disposable, destroying world.