What Can The Cops Do?

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2004, 02:20 AM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
FREE AND NOW are the best
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What Can The Cops Do?

If you have permission from the owner why dont you get that in writing? seems that would be the thing to do. sounds to me like some other yahoo is blowin smoke up yer **** though tellin ya its kewl to ride there and he owns it????

Old 09-22-2004, 10:13 AM
Trailblazer

When I was 15 and a half me and some friends were messing around on some farmers land with a green house. Well I know the farmer and he said he dint care if we rode around there. So my friends stopped and chilled for a lil bit while I took my old 99 Quadrunner 4x4 and started popping wheelies out of a ditch onto the road. Well I saw some cars coming so I sat there in the ditch, well a State Trooper was one of the cars coming so I just stayed and he went by and slamed on brakes and started to turn around. Well my 2 friends starting running, so out of reaction I did also. So we made it to our trail in the woods and got away. Well come to find out the cop went around the neighborhood asking everybody who rode ATVs around here and he found out about us. So when we got home, the cop was there waiting to talk to us. He threatened to take out permits away but dint. He wasnt to bad on us, just aggervating. I am 18 now and have been stoped 3 times since then

Old 09-22-2004, 02:48 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: BURKEDADDY
Originally posted by: Cheapass
Yup. All you that run from the cops: Thank you for getting more and more strict laws, and area closures. Do us all a favor and sell your quad before you get the whole sport outlawed.
look at automobiles ive never seen a quad on most extreme chases. some one does not die on a quad everyday yet hundreds die every day in cars and i bet atleast 100 to 1 ratio of car chases to quad chases but we still have cars around and i dont think nascar is suffering because of all the people running from cops in there cars so i think all us atvers will be ok.the thing you have to understand is that most laws are not instated to save lifes or make the world a safer place there put in place to get your money for instance if all the goverment cared about were saving lifes why not lower the speed limit to 5mph make it so no care can do over 5mph how many deaths would we have then? why are car companys allowed to make cars that can go faster than the speed limit answer so they can take your money when you brake the law going faster than the speed limit,its all a big money game just like everything else in this world its all about the money.grownmancrying ill pm you my address for that nickel[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Wow. Here
.,'!?
Free of charge, feel free to sprinkle them liberally throughout your posings.

The point of that incoherent rant appears to be "cars are evil but still here" yes, but cars are not a small enough group, nor already under scrutiny for regulation and elimination.

Grow up.

Old 09-22-2004, 05:48 PM
Pro Rider

Yes, many sides to this subject. A few of us in this thread have been over this many times. If I was a cop and saw someone racing down
the road on an ATV, I personally would be frightened to chase the person. Reason being, what would have been a warning or fine(from me) would've turned into a life threatening scenario. If the rider see's me not chasing him I sure would hope the person had enough
marbles to not drive like a maniac and get hurt. Because if I were to attempt to chase him, there are very few good outcomes. They could hit and tree trying to get away or crash any other way. So basically, I would rather not encourage a situation to become even more dangerous if not deadly to either party. If they run, they will drive extremely fast usually and could hurt them selves. Not what I want.
Thats just my opinion though.

Old 09-23-2004, 08:00 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: BURKEDADDY
Yup. All you that run from the cops: Thank you for getting more and more strict laws, and area closures. Do us all a favor and sell your quad before you get the whole sport outlawed.
look at automobiles ive never seen a quad on most extreme chases. some one does not die on a quad everyday yet hundreds die every day in cars and i bet atleast 100 to 1 ratio of car chases to quad chases but we still have cars around and i dont think nascar is suffering because of all the people running from cops in there cars so i think all us atvers will be ok.the thing you have to understand is that most laws are not instated to save lifes or make the world a safer place there put in place to get your money for instance if all the goverment cared about were saving lifes why not lower the speed limit to 5mph make it so no care can do over 5mph how many deaths would we have then? why are car companys allowed to make cars that can go faster than the speed limit answer so they can take your money when you brake the law going faster than the speed limit,its all a big money game just like everything else in this world its all about the money.grownmancrying ill pm you my address for that nickel[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Wow. Here
.,'!?
Free of charge, feel free to sprinkle them liberally throughout your posings.

The point of that incoherent rant appears to be "cars are evil but still here" yes, but cars are not a small enough group, nor already under scrutiny for regulation and elimination.

Grow up.
judging on your reply to my rant, you assume i was attacking your statement. i was not. i was just posting my opions in a free exchange of ideas, settle down. whats with the grow up comment?just for the record i will never grow up[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] now its to nice of a day to keep playing on the computer,im going ridding. hope to trade some more ideas and opions with you sometime.

Old 09-26-2004, 01:26 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm 35. When I was younger I would run. When I got older I learned to stop and BS with the officer and they usually will let you go.

Now I'm back to running again! My town just passed a law that says you can't ride an atv or dirt bike in city limits........Even if your on your own property! Yup can't even ride on your own property!

For a first offense they impound the bike for 30 days, 2nd offense they confiscate it!

Luckily the guys they got on patroll are riding KLR 300's and they cant ride.

Old 09-28-2004, 11:50 PM
Trailblazer

Rescuediver ,this is now a dead post.....looks like law enforcement won this one. Well, what I mean is, the smart a$$e$ quit posting. I guess they got tired of hearing the voice of reason from us old , worn out , donut eating cops.LOL

Fact of the matter is, I believe that , on any given day , in a legal ATV riding area, I could (with the help of my P700,partially modded) ride with the best of them. I could do this by not breaking any laws and have one hell of a good time doing it.

So you see, kids , it is not about what you can get away with, its about having fun and living life to the fullest. Any given day could be your last.

Don't live your life looking for trouble, because there are enough troublemakers out there (or in prison ) looking for someone like you to prey on.

Thanks for your time,
Officer Wuebben

Old 09-29-2004, 09:36 PM
Pro Rider

most of us dont look for cops to **** off, the just are pissed off. when they are pissed off, they are jerks. jerks that will take your quad for no reason. i cant say this for most cops, but the vast majority are like this. when you see an old guy get dug into by the cops because he was going down the road real slow getting to the riding area, its kinda of angering and this makes people not want to stop

Old 09-29-2004, 09:57 PM
Pro Rider

I just dont think the punishment fits the crime. To rack up $500-$700 + in tickets after they are done checking for violations is bs in my book. Its an easy collar and its revenue for already bloated government budgets. I would like to see that kind of enthusiam in pursuit of property crime. The common response is "Hope you have insurance" with no effort to pursue thieves. But pull a Roscoe P. Coletrain and block off the road for a friggin quad, great manuver!

Old 09-29-2004, 10:58 PM
V
Trailblazer

It's not that the cops don't go after the ones doing the property crimes, but the thiefs don't ride around on their quads all day right in front of them to make it easy. Trust me, most cops don't give a crap that you are riding your atv/dirt bike or whatever. The thing is, they have to respond to their calls. It doesnt matter if they like it or not, they have to look for us when your whinney little neighbor calls because she/he just don't like people like us. Now....our stupid asses run from the cops and **** them off even more. Instead of just finding a legal place to ride, we bounce around in front of them, after we've been warned and we know where we're not supposed to be riding there. I wish we could ride anywhere, but we can't and that's just how it is. I have a neighbor that complains about me for running my log splitter. Now this splitters has a 5 hp B&S motor and is no louder than a lawn mower, but I still catch sh?? for it. It's not the cops fault that he has to respond...he has complaint. I just respectfully tell him what I have and that it is no louder than a lawn mower. No law was broken in this case, but I have a whinney a?? neighbor that just doesn't like it. Give the ciops a break...In my town we have about 45 cops, for about 30,000 residents. you do the math.

Quick Reply: What Can The Cops Do?