What Can The Cops Do?

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2004, 04:29 AM
Quad Patrol
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What Can The Cops Do?

Grownman, It's alive, it's alive[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

V, You nailed it on the head[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

And, for the guys that have outrageous laws pertaining to towing fees and whatever, you need to take it up with your local/state Gov't. The officer that tows your atv, has to put down a section, that is authorizing the tow. Apparently, your area has problems with atvs and the local legislatures, put the responsibilty on law enforcement to do the dirty work. And, I've never said anything like "Hope you have insurance" to any victim, I've investigated a crime for. We still have a compassionate side.

Old 09-30-2004, 12:16 PM
Trailblazer

I figured my last post would get things going again.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 10-06-2004, 10:14 PM
Weekend Warrior

Where I ride is normally State Property. I am 13 and have a Z400(of course) and i have never gotten any flack yet. I have been stopped by the Dodoge Durangos that the State wildlife people drive and they usually give me some slack. They normally tell me that i am not suppose to be there but they will make an exception for me if i stay in one particular spot and do not cause any trouble. Like all the ppl were saying about showing some repsect is true, he told me i could ride but not to go any further just stay there. I do have to admit my quad is definitely not the quiestest quad (DG Stage 3 Xcellarator) but i have taken almost all disks out in an effort to stay quiet. I would rather be quiet with no neighbors or cops hounding me about noise restrictions than loud,obnoxious, and disrespectful.Like the ppl were saying early you do have to deal with the choice you made sometime whether its sooner or later. I cannot say im perfect though because i have ditche the cops before. Usually I do stop though and talk to them which leads to alot of flack from my friends cuz they call me a ***** for stooping. I usually tell them i'm gonna be a ***** when i still have a quad to ride and they dont. Always respect officers though for they put themselves in a line of duty that most people are scared to do..........God Bless and I wish you all the best luck.

Old 10-07-2004, 01:03 PM
Elite Pro Rider

some retard on a ds 650 with nos just drove past my house with the cops behind him[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
he was almost out runing them with the nos but he ran out bout 400 yards past my house.
then he pulled over. hahahahahahh

damb donut eating cops[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

hahah just kidding.

Old 10-07-2004, 05:40 PM
Pro Rider

i dont know where all of you people that say ohh...you cant run from cops, they wont give you a hard time, are from....but new york is not like that. if a cop sees you or hears you...hell come for you, and not to give you a warning either. occasionally in the winter time, you hear about someone who was out riding roads on a quad and almost got rammed by a cop car....and the worst part is, town govornment does not object to this. really, who is causing more damage to the greater good of the community?? a couple of people out buzzin around roads on quads/snomobiles in snowstorm, or a maniac with a badge and permission to attack you with his car?i mean...why beat around the bush...why dont they just have a shoot to kill order for everyone illegally riding the roads---maybe string some barb wire across the trail crossings. the cops around here, more than anywhere else, seem to have a real power complex.
maybe they were all kids that noone listened to, and now they have there chance to be heard---but why only new york cops??

Old 10-07-2004, 05:57 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
FREE AND NOW are the best

Is your quad Liscensed for use one the road? More than likely NO
Are you breaking the law By operating an unlicensed vehicle on the road? YES
Is it the cops jop to uphold the law? YES

break all the laws you want and be man enough to pay the price. hell ride all over the place the city could use the revenue

Old 10-07-2004, 09:54 PM
Pro Rider

I have to say, I have never run from the cops. Usually I'm with my kids anyway. What kind of lunaric would run if their kids were there?

Anyway, we've been stopped 10 times in the last 3 years. Ever time the cop has been cool and said go home, I'll have to impound you if I see you again. I think this is more than fair. He is doing his job, yet not bustingballs. I know a lot of local cops and their attitude basically is this.....

1)They really don't care that you are riding, If you show respect, they won't ticket or impound you.

2)If you run, they're gonna slam you hard.

3)Most say there are a lot of worse things kids could be doing. They see me riding with my kids on the weekend and they find it hard to see a criminal.

4) When they stop you, understand they have a job to do. Play the game and they will usually be cool. I have had cops tell me that if my kids are riding a few blocks to a riding area, they should ride side saddle. And if they see a cop, hit the kill switch and pretend they are walking it. Again.....play the game...

This is my experience in NJ. Often the cops ride themselves or at least understand there ain't a lot for a kid to do in urban areas like ours. It may be different in other areas, but the cops around here have a lot more stuff to worry about than busting riders.

Old 10-07-2004, 09:56 PM
Pro Rider

Oh.........And another thing, if someone was breaking into your mother's house and she called 9/11. They would rush to her safety, risk their life and protect your mother. I doubt many of you kids would be talking crap about cops in that situation.

Old 10-08-2004, 01:22 AM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: OneFlyCowboy
Boy you think your mr evasion. I guarantee I could track you with My dogs. thru whatever you want to go thru. and so what if you can go 50 miles per hour they follow you right to your house or wherever. Its irresponsible to run. and if your gonna run you dont deserve to have a quad and they should take it from you.
blah blah blah you seem to think you know everything about it all....sometimes you run sometimes you dont..plain and simple ride long enough and you'll know....as for yor dogs tracking anything anywhere....if they came up in my yard i hope they can deal with some 75lb pissed off pitbulls and remington 870

Old 10-08-2004, 02:34 AM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
FREE AND NOW are the best

Originally posted by: BigSix
Originally posted by: OneFlyCowboy
Boy you think your mr evasion. I guarantee I could track you with My dogs. thru whatever you want to go thru. and so what if you can go 50 miles per hour they follow you right to your house or wherever. Its irresponsible to run. and if your gonna run you dont deserve to have a quad and they should take it from you.
blah blah blah you seem to think you know everything about it all....sometimes you run sometimes you dont..plain and simple ride long enough and you'll know....as for yor dogs tracking anything anywhere....if they came up in my yard i hope they can deal with some 75lb pissed off pitbulls and remington 870
you realize shooting a police dog is punishable as though you shot a police officer. not really a good idea. and i have been riding 24 years and i see no problem with obiding by the laws. I enjoy the sport and dont wish to give them any reason to take the sport away. plain and simple.

Quick Reply: What Can The Cops Do?