What Can The Cops Do?

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2004, 04:08 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What Can The Cops Do?

Yes police do tend to have a hissy tantrum when you don't bow to their greatness and ask for your fine and citations.
There must be a bigger tantrum yet when they fail to catch you! I've never been there to see it however. Maybe they fling doughnuts and coffee all over the interior of the squad car. Thats the thing about disappearing into the woods, you have to actually get away.
Course I'm all growed up now and I can truck my ATV to the riding areas instead of sneaking along the back ways committing my victimless crimes. Befriend some cops now too! They don't know of my former scofflaw ways.

Old 12-22-2004, 11:58 PM
Pro Rider

ON 12/19/04 I was at my uncles house in Pennsylvania getting ready for a big ride on 20th and Me and my Uncle took out my Wolvy and his Prairie 360 4x4. My uncles house is in like a gated comunity with all dirt roads around so we decided to go for a quick ride at night. I was fallowing the prairie nice and slow when I see flashing lights then I got a little nervous because I have a brand new quad and I didint want it getting impounded. So I ran around the blocks afew times until he caught my uncle on the slow prairie 360. Cops are horrible drivers when your on dirt. You can powerslide and get around turns much faster then they do in cars. So I was gone and he caught my uncle because he really wasnt trying to get away and the cop was really cool. He said that there were people complaining and he didint want to bust our chops but he said next time he would give us a 50 dollar fine.

Old 12-23-2004, 03:37 AM
Pro Rider

Good cop.

Old 12-23-2004, 07:51 PM
Elite Pro Rider

yes he was! my friend got find $793.86 becuase he ran and the cop crahsed in to a stop sign and fliped how i do not know how, but it was saposidly my friends falt cuz he made the cop drive like a nut!

Old 12-23-2004, 08:49 PM

When I was a young aspiring juvenille delinquent my buddy had a Honda XR70........this would be somewhere around 1974. We rode it.....all the time. We lived in a neighborhood which abutted two new schools with large grounds. Of course we had paths all through the woods going not only from our neighborhood to the schools but also to other neighborhoods. When we rode around the school grounds somebody would call the cops. Well......the cops didn't stand a chance. With our trail network there was no way.............so we toyed with them. If they could have got us they would have killed us. They tried to ambush us a couple of times with multiple cruisers......one at the schools and a couple waiting for us to pop out in the neighborhoods. But we would see them and just head down a different trail.....most all of the trails were open ended and had tributary trails. We never got bagged but ultimately the cops identified my buddy as the owner of the bike and read the riot act to his parents......basically just stay out of the schools grounds.

We of course figured out who kept calling the cops on us and made a point of pelting their house with eggs every Halloween.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

...........ahhhh.........fond memories.

Bob

Old 02-05-2005, 11:25 PM
Weekend Warrior

well my feeling is stop and take whats comin to ya. I was goofin off when I was 13 on a pe175 dirtbike on the stillwater turnpike down in colverts and such. I was sitting on the side of the road close to the county road that leads to my driveway when I glanced in my wally world special bicycle mirror and saw a Oklahoma Highway Patrol turning. My friend with me <I call him my dad> takes off hauling and I thought for a second the radio is faster then the trust ole 175 so I just killed it and put my hands on the bars and wait. shure enough he pulls up behind me and gets out...I am thinking the worst at this time he says "you know these bikes arent supposed to be out here dont you" I reply yes sir I was following my dad road testing the dirtbike in the same moment he is showing off jumping stuff down in the ditch 50yds away and he said "thanks for stopping you need to get your dad and get outta here" I told the man yes sir and pushed my bike the 100yds back to the house and collected my friend and he asked "why didnt you run?" I replied I couldnt have won this race and If I did he would be calling for backup and and wrecker. All that said I would stop if the cop was one of those that have me pegged for a die hard criminal and crosses the line his cruiser better have mud tires on it cause I would take off. As said earlier some cops are crooked as a dogs hind leg so beware. and be safe BTW I am 29 now

Iron

Old 02-06-2005, 06:18 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: IronX
well my feeling is stop and take whats comin to ya. ...and he said "thanks for stopping you need to get your dad and get outta here" ...
Well that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy, but I did the exact same thing when I was riding my home assembled bike out of parts along a dirt path near a road and a cop car turned around, the cop evidently wanting to talk to me.
I could have melted into the bush and been home in no time, but I decided as I was almost 16 and becoming more mature in my thinking I would wait for him. He was an older cop training a young rookie on how to write tickets. Although I was polite and respectful, he wrote, and had the new guy write, every citation he could make apply including those he invented such as riding on the public road (I wasn't) without license, insurance, etc. etc. totalling nearly $350 1971 dollars. When I politely responded that it seemed overly harsh for what I had been doing this idiot dressed me down like a drill seargant would. He threw the book at a fifteen year old kid who waited for him to get there, as a training excercise.
After that example I made up my mind never to trust any cop any more than I'd trust a mafia hit man. If followed on a bike, quad, whatever I always lost the cop, every time.
That was 34 years ago today, and if I knew where that waste of a uniforms headstone was today I'd go and whiz on it.
He alone showed an honest and impressionable kid that you cannot trust police. Not for a second.

Dang, I just looked at the thread and I'd already posted this story last December. Thought something was familiar... Anyway that was my experience. I don't advocate it for others, running from police. Maybe I just had the bad luck to meet the worst and most miserable cop in North America. But it happened. And I wasn't an arch criminal. Just a kid who liked to tinker and make minibikes and fix old hulks of motorcycles.

Old 02-06-2005, 06:31 PM
Weekend Warrior

i have a 2001 400ex and i have been pulled over in 3 surrounding counties and have gotten warnings all 6 times and i use my bike just like i would my car

Old 02-06-2005, 06:34 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: cameltoehunter
i have a 2001 400ex and i have been pulled over in 3 surrounding counties and have gotten warnings all 6 times and i use my bike just like i would my car
yeah,thats real cool[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Old 02-06-2005, 08:04 PM
Weekend Warrior

As said earlier in the thread I like reading the stories about fast getaways and cops and robbers but I no longer ride where I am not allowed. Once was enough for me and the county I live in now has a sheriff that was caught shoplifting at petsmart so go figgure.. 60% of my family are law enforcement and I dont want to make life rougher on them. Most would just say "take it home" and like I said get the demenor of who you are dealing with if they approach hostile just to throw a little weight beware and handle accordingly. I knew I was wrong and never did it again and still wont. but not to deffend those who did, I do enjoy the stories it just provides a glimpse of both sides of the situation...be safe,

Iron

Quick Reply: What Can The Cops Do?