What Can The Cops Do?

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2004, 04:35 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What Can The Cops Do?

so if you get your quad impounded, how do you get it back?

Old 09-17-2004, 05:35 PM
Shed Knocker Rider
Harley Punk!
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

On a breeze, hahahahahahahahahahahaha! That is great!

They are never going to catch on a quad if there is somewhere offroad to go or unless they no were u live. U don't even have to go fast to get away if there is woods near by, just don't be stupid and wreck, or get stuck. A kid where I am from was running on a 300ex and went down to the river and got stuck in the sand, what a bonehead move, especially when there is no roads leading to the river, it was funny though!

Old 09-17-2004, 05:41 PM
Pro Rider

This is a sensitive issue. The right thing to do is to stop.
However, in all my years of riding, I have been pursued by the police at least 10 times. Now that I am old enough to know better, I stopped. Actually the cop was waiting by my truck and when I popped out of the woods on to the dead end my truck was parked at he flipped on the lights and got out all excited with his hand on his gun. This was at midinight, too. He wanted to know what I was doing?? I said having fun! I pulled off my helmet and he saw I was no kid (37) and lighted up a LITTLE. He wrote me a ticket for $48 for "riding on public road." I told him it was crap. $48 isn't that much. How can some of your other fines be $3,000??
I will never stop again. I know that is bad but the hell with them. Now they will have to work for the money.

Old 09-17-2004, 05:45 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
FREE AND NOW are the best

you guys are lucky i aint a cop. Cuz i would just shoot your for trying to evad. And then plant a gun in your hand and say you was shootin at me. Complete disrespect for the law. Im gonna laugh when i seen one of ya'll on cops and They beating you with the nightstick. WTF. runnin is what causes the big fines and gives the rest of us a bad name. Have a lil respect and ride where your supposed to or they will shut us all down.

Old 09-17-2004, 05:59 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: OneFlyCowboy
you guys are lucky i aint a cop. Cuz i would just shoot your for trying to evad. And then plant a gun in your hand and say you was shootin at me. Complete disrespect for the law. Im gonna laugh when i seen one of ya'll on cops and They beating you with the nightstick. WTF. runnin is what causes the big fines and gives the rest of us a bad name. Have a lil respect and ride where your supposed to or they will shut us all down.
Sounds like we ARE lucky you aren't a cop. You have that " I'm God complex."
"I'll kill them because they didn't do what I said." I love your brilliance. Your not so "fly" after all.
I showed them respect and it cost me.

Old 09-17-2004, 06:01 PM
Trailblazer

anyone????? nobody can tell me how you get your quad if it is impounded????

Old 09-17-2004, 06:01 PM
V
Trailblazer

They don't have to catch you today, or even on a quad to get at you. They will remember what you are riding and where you ride, eventually you will crash when you run. If they tow you for riding on the street and ticket you, you probably deserved it because these machines are no where near street legal. They'll talk to others in your area and find you eventually. Ya can't out run motorola!! If ya run, good luck. I always stop and am respectful and have never had a problem.

Old 09-17-2004, 06:02 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
FREE AND NOW are the best

Well lets see You were riding where you shouldnt have been riding were you not? then you ddeserved it. Take responsibility the cop is doin his job. Do yours.

Old 09-17-2004, 06:08 PM
V
Trailblazer

If it gets impounded, find out from the PD that hooked it how you get it back. They can tow it, but they can't keep it if you can prove ownership and it's not evidence. Keep proof of ownership with you and BE RESPECTFUL if they ask for it. I know a guy who was using his quad for some line work in a residential area. He parked in in a guys driveway (unknown to the homeowner) and left it for over an hour while he went elsewhere. When he got back, his quad was going onto a tow truck. It was ignorant for him to leave it on this guys driveway where he couldn't even pull out of his garage. Then, the cops kept it a bit longer until he showed proof of ownership. Oh, did I mention he caused damage to several lawns as a result of his work. This is what makes cops and people in general hate dirt bikes, quads, etc.

Old 09-17-2004, 06:47 PM
Pro Rider

ill give you a little tip. stop. do not run, yet. stop and see what the cop has to say, but dont turn off your quad. if he just gives you a warning, than there is no problem. but if he gets all in your face, than take off (this is when your leaving your quad running comes into play). if the cops are like where i live, than they have new impala's wich are NOT off road vehicles. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: What Can The Cops Do?