What Can The Cops Do?

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2004, 06:49 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
FREE AND NOW are the best
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What Can The Cops Do?

What if he decides to Call for back up and they bring out a K9 you cant run from the dogs man.

Old 09-17-2004, 06:52 PM
Pro Rider

im sorry to tell you, but dogs dont go 50+ mph or however fase your quad is. also, if they try to follow your sent, than just run through water and mud and everything else like that

Old 09-17-2004, 06:57 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer

Boy you think your mr evasion. I guarantee I could track you with My dogs. thru whatever you want to go thru. and so what if you can go 50 miles per hour they follow you right to your house or wherever. Its irresponsible to run. and if your gonna run you dont deserve to have a quad and they should take it from you.

Old 09-17-2004, 07:00 PM
Pro Rider

You guys are rediculous. If an officer of the law tries to pull you over. STOP! If you run, you go from the possiblity of a misdemeanor charge (riding an off highway vehicle on a highway... etc) to a felony (evasion of a law enforcement officer).

For those of you who are so scared you may get a ticket... here's something to remember: tickets go through court. If you are curteous to the officer and he still wants to be a punk about it, take it up with the judge. Explain to him/her that you tried to be polite about it and that you weren't causing harm. You will find that 9 times out of 10 judges are much more sympathetic that the officer that pulled you over. And the best thing is... the judge has much more power than the officer.

It pays to play by the rules. If you get caught breaking them, be curteous and you will come out smelling like a rose.

~HoundDog

Old 09-17-2004, 07:03 PM
Pro Rider

well then i think i will sell all of my quad stuff, get right out of the sport. NOT!! so you can guarentee that you dog could track me right to my house eh? if i go to a spot where i ride regularly and where i've gone threw all the trails, do you think he could pick wich one i went on? and one more thing, i have never seen or heard of a cop getting out the dogs to chase a quad when they can be put to so much better uses

Old 09-17-2004, 07:32 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: OneFlyCowboy
you guys are lucky i aint a cop. Cuz i would just shoot your for trying to evad. And then plant a gun in your hand and say you was shootin at me. Complete disrespect for the law. Im gonna laugh when i seen one of ya'll on cops and They beating you with the nightstick. WTF. runnin is what causes the big fines and gives the rest of us a bad name. Have a lil respect and ride where your supposed to or they will shut us all down.
lets see what is a bigger crime running from the law or murder. i dont have my law book with me so ill have to guess killing someone in cold blood carrys a bigger penality.to run from the cops causes a bad image for atv riders but framing and shooting someone in the back i would say shows more disrespect thats just me though.

Old 09-17-2004, 07:35 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer

Its for the point man. a cop shooting you in cold blood and framing you for it is as retarded as running from them. just my opinion though.

Old 09-17-2004, 07:38 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer

Originally posted by: moldycheese
well then i think i will sell all of my quad stuff, get right out of the sport. NOT!! so you can guarentee that you dog could track me right to my house eh? if i go to a spot where i ride regularly and where i've gone threw all the trails, do you think he could pick wich one i went on? and one more thing, i have never seen or heard of a cop getting out the dogs to chase a quad when they can be put to so much better uses
Wow dude you dont know much about scent dogs. They can differentiate between old scent and new scent What direction you are goin. and yes i know its a waste of time to get them out. But whats so kewl about being a criminal??? I just dont get it.

Old 09-17-2004, 07:49 PM
Pro Rider

Running is the last thing you would want to do

Old 09-17-2004, 08:28 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Hebs
9 times otta 10, they'll just recite the law to you... and won't do anything else.... You have to remember... Most cops are normal people just like you and me. If you treat them with respect, they will treat you with the same. I've been pulled over in a residential area doing wheelies on my yfz.... He just rolled up and told me that he had a complaint about people on quads..... Then he told me to be safe... and have a good one.... I always talk to the cops... It's never worth it to avoid them...
that what u think,
in my town if u get cuaght riding anywhere but ur own property or private property with permission they impound ur quad on the first offence 185$ plus $10 a day for storage. Second offence they confinscate it and auction it.

Its probably cuz retards in my town keep crashin n dieing n runnin from the cops. We have zero legal riding areas.

Quick Reply: What Can The Cops Do?