What Can The Cops Do?

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2004, 10:54 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What Can The Cops Do?

Originally posted by: OneFlyCowboy
Its for the point man. a cop shooting you in cold blood and framing you for it is as retarded as running from them. just my opinion though.
and you stated if you were a cop that you would shot and frame someone for running so by your logic your retarded? and running from the cops may be retarded but shooting someone in cold blood is sick and wrong those two things are not same, there not even in the same ballpark and your comment about someone being on cops and you laughing while someone gets beat with a club is just plain wrong
shooting someone for running on a quad from the police is like punching a 3 year old in the face for getting a cookie when you told them they could not have one, the punisment does not fit the crime in otherwords.

Old 09-17-2004, 11:09 PM
Pro Rider

Hound dog is right.
cowboy, you are right too. Your way of thinking though is scary. I know I said I would run, but I think those days are over. I would rather face the music on the riding. Not running.
It is illegal in all of Florida except a tiny handfull of places.

Old 09-18-2004, 03:09 AM
V
Trailblazer

LIke someone said earlier ( I forget who, sorry) If they do catch you, you can bet ther'll be a little street justice coming your way (or should that be dirt justice?) Just think, he could beat the crap out of you in the back woods and just say you wrecked your quad/bike and that's how you got hurt. I know it sucks having the lawman tell us we can't do something, but they can do a lot more to you than you think you can get away with. Ever get a ticket for something stupid? Something nobody gets tickets for? Ya think that cop saw you before, driving like an idiot or revving you quad in front of a buddies house. Why would they mess with chasing you in that Impala when we all know what a quad/bike will do? They will wait until you get into your Impala, pull your disrespectful butt over and write you for anything they can think of. So instead of "Sorry Officer, I'll keep my quad off the street" It's "Pay to the order of the City of ???????" The choice is yours, they don't cry when they don't get you the first time...they just become more persistant and the next guy who would have gotten a break gets screwed.

Old 09-18-2004, 04:23 PM
Weekend Warrior

I know a guy that ran from the cops and got caught, and he got a big fine. He was about 15 then and they made it so he couln't get his lisense till he was 18.

Old 09-18-2004, 04:36 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
FREE AND NOW are the best

Originally posted by: BURKEDADDY
Originally posted by: OneFlyCowboy
... there not even in the same ballpark and your comment about someone being on cops and you laughing while someone gets beat with a club is just plain wrong
Oh I would laugh my *** off. Becuase they deserved it. and they that cop should take all your clothes and make you push the bike home naked and kick the crap outta your parents for not teaching you right and wrong. and the next time you get cought their both goin to jail and your goin to juvy Lock the whole family up cuz no one saw it fit to teach the kid responsibility. I know its fun to ride on the roads around town and crap. when you run from the cops you loose all respect and become equal to a crack head. real winners [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]*thumbs Up* Run on. cuz you aint man enough to face the punishment

Old 09-18-2004, 07:17 PM
Pro Rider

that and you should leave your bike at your buddies place for a while

Old 09-18-2004, 09:00 PM
Trailblazer

Coming from a cop, and an ATV enthusiast-There are bad apples in every group-from cops to judges to doctors to lawyers to priests and also ATV riders and on and on and on. My thinking on both sides of the issue is that you need to give respect to get respect. I like to have fun on my P700 ( you know , ride wheelies , throw mud and race around ) but I do it in the right palces. My quad is licensed in the state of South Dakota. I have respect for the land I am riding on and the other people around me. I am thirty seven years old and am having the time of my life with my quad and riding buddies.

When you run from the cops you are not only endangering your life , but the others around you including the life of the officer chasing you. Society has become sue happy and if you hit some kid on a bicycle while being chased by the cops not only would the officer be sued but also you or your parents. On the other hand, if the officer sees you riding your quad on the street and he does not stop and talk to you and you eventually end up hitting a kid on a bicycle and hurting , or god forbid, killing him or her, both you and the officer would again be sued. You for being negligent on a quad and the officer for being negligent by not getting you off of the street.

So you see, there are two sides with every issue. My advice is-if a cop wants to talk to you, stop and talk with him. Not all cops are bad people. You may just have to talk with the same officer some day when YOU need his assistance, who knows , maybe even a theft report from your stolen quad. The good cops want a good repoire with the public, kids and adults alike. The cops that think they are Mel Gibson will eventually get themselves in trouble with their TV like ways and will be fired and maybe even get sued for acting like idiots.

From the standpoint of a cop and an ATV rider, be safe no matter what you are doing. And the main thing is have fun.Life is to short to be looking over your shoulder.

Thanks
Steve ( Otherwise known as " Lethal Wuebben") LOL

Old 09-18-2004, 09:06 PM
Weekend Warrior

Can i get a lisense for my quad in Illinois?

Old 09-18-2004, 09:12 PM
Trailblazer

Call your county courthouse. In South Dakota your quad must have a brake light, a rear view mirror and a horn. I think it cost me about fifty bucks to get the quad licensed.

One of the jailers from the same PD that I work for has a Raptor that is licensed. If your quad has a title then it can be licensed depending on the laws of your state.

Good luck!
Steve

Old 09-19-2004, 12:16 AM
Range Rover

yea definitely dont run. im 14 and i dont understand why all my friends run. its just stupid ur much better off stopping in my opinion

Quick Reply: What Can The Cops Do?