The troops are getting angry

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2004, 07:37 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default The troops are getting angry

Today, when rumsfeld went to a rally in iraq, one soilder stood up and asked a question. He wanted to know why they were not properly equiped with military vehicals and so on. He asked why they had to go searching through out looking for stuff to use. After a brief pause, the whole place started to cheer and clapp wanting answers. Rumsfeld had to ask for a repeat of the question. I think the troops are getting very angry with this war and how long they have been there and how long they will be staying.

Old 12-09-2004, 12:01 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What do you suggest should happen?

Old 12-09-2004, 03:05 AM
Pro Rider

The men (and women) who have been over and that I have personally talked to dont seem to be angry that they had to go over there, most see it as doing their duty for their country. I have heard of a lot of frustration with troops not getting the proper supplies and gear they need to accomplish their mission. I fully support our troops, and our President for making the tough decission to go over there, for the job they have done. What does bother me is when our troops dont get the body armour and armour plating for the vehicles that they need......Our troops have and will get the mission done, and done right, but lets make sure they are as best equiped as they can be....there should be no cutting corners.

Most people are so short sighted that they dont see the long term ramifications of what we are doing over there in Iraq and Afganistan, we have the opportunity to help these people realize true personal freedom....its just going to take time and effort. I am truly grateful to all our service people, may God bless you and your families.

Old 12-09-2004, 09:47 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: alwaysride
Today, when rumsfeld went to a rally in iraq, one soilder stood up and asked a question. He wanted to know why they were not properly equiped with military vehicals and so on. He asked why they had to go searching through out looking for stuff to use. After a brief pause, the whole place started to cheer and clapp wanting answers. Rumsfeld had to ask for a repeat of the question. I think the troops are getting very angry with this war and how long they have been there and how long they will be staying.
I don't think that the question asked means that the soldiers are "getting very angry with this war". The soldier asked about a very specific question. Why their vehicles were not armored properly and why do soldiers have to dig through dumps to fix the vehicles?

There is a much larger concern about this question. Why should soldiers be afraid to ask questions that they are concerned about? The question the news stations are asking the soldiers wife- Are you afraid that his question will effect his career? There is a fear from the soldiers that if you speak up then there will be consequences. The soldiers are coached on what they should or should not say.

Here at home, if you speak out against the war or anything about the war then you are not supporting the troops.

Seems like there are a lot of concerns that the people at home and the soldiers both have. It's a shame they cannot express their concerns without a fear of being chastised.

Freedom of speech. Just watch what you say.

Old 12-09-2004, 11:27 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very well put coyotechaser.

Old 12-10-2004, 03:37 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I agree, hopefully they will fix this problem and help keep the boys and girls safe.

The funny thing is that a reporter actually put the soldier up to asking the question.
Just glad he had ***** enough to follow through and ask, atta boy to him. After seeing what a big deal this turned into, maybe more will ask some hard questions.
They are taught and trained to follow orders, and do what they are told nad not really question anything. I think there is a point though where they have the right to ask questions, especially concerning safety issues.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 12-10-2004, 02:37 PM
Pro Rider

When I heard that question, my first thought was "That Doggie wouldn't make it as a Marine."

Why? Because far, far too much of our stuff was hand-me-down from the Navy, or so underbudgeted that we had to get a second or third life out of anything we had.

Digging in the dump would be useless, as nothing that made it to the dump could be used for anything. Anything even remotely useable had already been reused.

Trending Topics

Old 12-10-2004, 06:25 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 167 Likes on 166 Posts

Maybe that would have been a good question to ask John Kerry.

Old 12-10-2004, 07:05 PM
Range Rover

Now, not to be cold or arrogant but what exactly are the troops expecting? They have the best equipement in the world and yet they still complain? Its a war ffs,,, guys are gonna die, guys are gonna get maimed , thats a fact no one can debate. It seems to me that over the years Americans in general have been lead to beleive that their armed forces are indestructable. Well news flash guys, American soldiers and equipement get shredded just as easily as 'enemy' troops and equipement, no way around that. If you get hit with a fast moving chunk of steel bad things will happen regardless of your nationality. Bradley vehicles, cobra helocopter, even Abrams tanks have all been knocked out in Iraq .The marketting the military has done of the years has been incredible, they've gotten young men and women to volunteer to serve by getting them to think that US forces are invincible. Now thats not proving true and , not meaning to sound cold , soldiers are beginning to realize they were duped. Remember how they used to say that US forces could fight TWO wars on TWO front at the same time? Hell Iraq has them bogged down ! How manystill believe the two wars on two fronts 'spin' now?? Just be glad they have the equipement they have, specifically the body armor, because without these things the number of KIA would surely surpass 5000 , instead of the relatively light number of 1000 that it is now. I'd hazard a guess the Iraqi's have lost more then 5000 innocent civilians in the same time frame..... but you dont hear anyone complaining about that do you? The victors always right the history books and I'm sure thats a little fact that will be conveniently left out .

Old 12-10-2004, 11:26 PM
Trailblazer

Well put !

Quick Reply: The troops are getting angry