Worst you've ever gotten stuck

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2005, 05:44 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Worst you've ever gotten stuck

My worst time getting stuck was in a deep snow drift rather then mud. I was traveling along a snowmoble trail when I seen these nice big drifts so I decided to check it out to see if it was hard enough to drive on. It was so I went drive on them and it was going fairly good for a while until one wheel decide to break through. Well I tried to back out but it was just in a little too deep and it cause the other wheels to spin and also break through. Well I was screwed. Snow was up to my fenders. Lucky I had a small portable shovel so I had to dig through 2 1/2 feet of snow and make a trail for about 3 meters to make it to a flat area where I could drive out again. My winch was powering out and my friends quad was just spinning out trying to pull me out. We were to far away from anyone with a tractor to help pull. That was not fun. I sure had my work out that day trying to get out of that snow drift.

Old 02-09-2005, 10:35 PM
Trailblazer

I just recovered from my worst stuck to date.

The mud was bottomless and when i realized i wouldnt make it all the way across this feild i went to turn around and sunk. I had to purchase 250 feet of strap to connect my winch to the closest object.

Whew...... But i got it back!

WARN!!!!!

Old 02-10-2005, 01:29 AM
Pro Rider

WOW! 250 ft of strap...buuuummer. Maybe a "mud hook/anchor" would have worked? They gotta make those or similar.

Old 02-10-2005, 10:38 AM
Trailblazer

Yea i hear you, but at the time, i could only do what i could.

I will be investing in a helper.

$300 in straps from walmart!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-10-2005, 10:34 PM
Pro Rider

i dont have the worst, but prolly the funniest.

we were goin to this pavillion, and u had to cut across a slightly muddy field to get to it. at first there was a stock f-150, a slammed cehvy 1500, and a 4 runner. all had street tires. the chevy leaves first, he makes it out fine, the 4 runner next, its out fine. the f-150 is the only one that managed to get stuck. so we called a dude and he came with his lwb z71 and yanked the f-150 out. 10 minutes later a chevy malibu makes it through the same spot.

we kinda rubbed that in his face for a while.

Old 02-11-2005, 12:49 AM
Pro Rider

I got stuck in the river bottom after it had rained, took a corner to fast and put it into a slide and sunk it in 2 feet of mud. took 3 people and 2 quads to get it out
take a look at my pics #2 and you'll see what it looked like when I got it home took 3 hrs to clean it wont do that again

Old 02-11-2005, 06:38 AM
Pro Rider

After the snow started falling this year me and my friend were ripping around and i saw this field, so i hit it at 6th gear WOT, well i made it out to about the middle, lost momentum, and was stuck in 2-3 feet of powder snow, that was a long a$$ push back to where i could get some traction.

Old 02-14-2005, 01:19 AM
Elite Pro Rider

ive never beem stuck to bad, but ik one things for sure, quads can only follow snowmobiles so far, i got stuck one day out in the snow last year and i was there for a few hours, took forever to dig myself out. It was funny but no more following the tracks, never know when u'll hit a soft spot

Old 02-14-2005, 01:44 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

well it didnt happen to me...but it happend to my bomb....I was out riding with some friends around in our pasture at the time and I decided I was giong to go in and clean up...they didnt like the idea so I let them to continue riding while I was washing up...well...they got it stuck...in really soft ground...well mud....and there was no trees around or fence posts or anything like that...it was raining out too...well they tried to get it out for like 2 hours before I finally said screw it I am going to go help...it took all four of us to lift the back end up and move it over out of the ruts...needless to say...I had to take yet another shower.

Old 02-14-2005, 02:15 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: VelociRaptor350
After the snow started falling this year me and my friend were ripping around and i saw this field, so i hit it at 6th gear WOT, well i made it out to about the middle, lost momentum, and was stuck in 2-3 feet of powder snow, that was a long a$$ push back to where i could get some traction.

same thing happened to me out on the lake this year
the only time ive ever gotten stuck and ive beeen thru some deep *** mud too but therewas a huge **** snow drift along the far side of the island where we were drinkin so i decided thgat i would go for it
4th gear wide open got to the middle of it and just sank in about 5 feet of snow
took a couple hours and a few friends to get me out
if i was alone it woul;d still be there