Worst you've ever gotten stuck

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2005, 07:47 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Worst you've ever gotten stuck

Ididnt know where else to put this so i put it here. A couple of years ago i was hunting and got my 97 kodiak which is now retired stuck in some quick sand and it sunk all the way up the the handle bars. It was stuck so bad we had to use a tractor to pull it out. We tried to use my dads truck but we got it stuck to and had to pull it out with a tractor too. i got my brother 450 foreman stuck last week pretty bad in the bottom of a ditch where dirt had washed up and it was so soft that it just sunk. I would have went through it on my grizzly but i knew if it got stuck we could pull it out so i use my brothers. well any one else have some stories.

Old 02-06-2005, 07:50 PM
Pro Rider

WELL ONE TIME....I HAD INVITED THREE DIFFERENT HOT CHICKS TO THE SAME PARTY AND............

Old 02-06-2005, 11:36 PM
Range Rover

Hippyhunter, I think I know what you mean...
it seems like whenever I let a chic ride my quad, they get it stuck!!

I had my Prairie about a week or so, and I got it buried good. Luckily I
still had the Vinny to pull it out with. The back end was up good, but the front end
was buried. I just hooked on the the hitch and I had to jerk it about 3-4 times and
it popped out.
Wouldnt have bothered me so much if the Prairie was more "broke in".

Old 02-07-2005, 01:00 AM
Pro Rider

I myself and friends have never gotten majorly stuck. But we once saw a dunebuggies stuck up past its axles [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 02-07-2005, 06:20 PM
Pro Rider

The best one I've seen happened on the river... as all my good stories seem to come from there. My buddy was riding an arctic cat and was a bit sauced. We convinced him that if he hit it hard enough, he could cross this deep spot to the other bank. Well, he took off at full throttle in second and barreled into the water and dissappeared... completely. Then, his head and shoulders popped back above the water. I said, "Hey Dave, where's your bike?" and he said, "I'm standing on it!". LOL. Took me three tries to dive down and hook a toe rope to that thing so we could pull it back out. Leave it to Dave to find the only eight foot water in the river!

~HoundDog

Old 02-07-2005, 08:07 PM
Pro Rider

LMAO! Thats so funny!!! "Im standing on it" LOL!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 02-07-2005, 08:14 PM
Pro Rider

we got a mule stuck at the dunes up over the axles

Old 02-08-2005, 01:27 PM
Pro Rider

lol, that sounds exactly like what my uncle did with his jeep.

our worst was when we were goin right along the edge of a pond (big pond-38acres) in the cattails. i was in the lead on my kodiak, with my dad on his sp500 right behind me (they always made me and the kodiak go first). well i sunk some but my 589's pulled me right out with ease. now he still had stock tires on it, and he sunk like a rock. well didnt seem too bad, but when i told him to go into reverse and got the response "cant find the shifter, its under the mud" i knew we were gonna have a fun time gettin it out. after diggin for his winch cable, finally got it out, hook it to a 3in tree... it pulls the tree down. so i park my kodiak up against a tree (so he has to pull me AND the tree) and hooked up to my hitch with the cable. well the winch mounting plate started to bend, so that didnt work. about 1.5 hrs later, i drove back to our farm and got a comealong. that fixed it. after we pulled him out, i was curious as to how deep he really was. well standing in the hole, im 6'1 and my shoulders were below ground, around 5.5 ft deep. we avoided that hole for a week or two.

our 2nd worst was when i was on my dads sp700, one friend on his 450es, and another on my scrambler. i went first being on the big quad, and i sunk quick. this was a stream bed, so VERY sandy. well my friend on his 450ES decides to pull me out in reverse... he hooked up and got stuck right in front of me... the bad part is that i couldnt use my winch because of it. we were bumper to bumper. well i winched to a tree, and literally had to climb over the front of his 450 to get out. he was not a happy camper. (we still make fun of him for it, his honda got run over by a polaris) my friend on my scrammy just watched and laughed, good buddy huh?

Old 02-08-2005, 06:29 PM
Pro Rider

It is kinda funny that these all have to do with rivers, so does mine. My dad and I were out and decided to try to cross a river. He started to go across in his 500 HO and I didn't have the patience so I tried to go across right next to him. Lets just say I picked a softer spot and when I finally gave up and called for the winch, all you could see on my wolvy was the gas cap, handle bars, and front rack.

Ryan

Old 02-08-2005, 06:35 PM
Pro Rider

I got stuck in a river and let it sink to the bottom. My uncle got so stuck that I couldnt even pull him out with my winch.

Quick Reply: Worst you've ever gotten stuck