Riding with a USFS spark arrestor????

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2005 | 08:25 PM
|
Quad Patrol
Default Riding with a USFS spark arrestor????

I know this article is about a hunter. But, it could happen to someone riding with no spark arrestor too[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Doesn't matter if your on private or public land. Someone will pay[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]
You might say, he'll never pay it. But, everytime he gets a refund fund check from Uncle Sam, wins the lottery, etc. He'll never see the money[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Can you afford the bill? fine for forest fire

Old 02-24-2005 | 09:22 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

That is pretty scary RD, I have a spark arrester on every OHV I own. have always wondered if it was as necessary on a 2 stroke as a 4stroke, but never felt like finding out.

Old 02-24-2005 | 10:35 PM
Elite Pro Rider

that guy is SCREWED BIG TIME!! lol

Old 02-24-2005 | 11:38 PM
Pro Rider

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] I SAW THAT ON LOCAL NEWS THIS MORNING! w00t our town finally is on the news! except mendocino is like 2 hrs away from us...

Yea we'll never ride W/O S/A its so dry up here you'd be asking for trouble!

Old 02-24-2005 | 11:38 PM
Pro Rider

A lot of people don't know that glasspacks, Cherry bomb and any other straight through type of mufflers on your truck are illegal in the forest.

Old 02-25-2005 | 10:33 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

Originally posted by: Chris142
A lot of people don't know that glasspacks, Cherry bomb and any other straight through type of mufflers on your truck are illegal in the forest.
Even if run behind a cat converter? I would think the cat would kill any and all sparks.

Old 02-25-2005 | 11:06 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Athens Archery Field Staff
Best lunch hour ever!

Do you think the guy would have died, had he not built the fire for an over night stay in the woods?

Old 02-25-2005 | 11:11 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

Originally posted by: MrDumass
Do you think the guy would have died, had he not built the fire for an over night stay in the woods?
Pretty big fire just to stay warm MD. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 02-25-2005 | 11:46 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Athens Archery Field Staff
Best lunch hour ever!

Originally posted by: mywifesquad
Pretty big fire just to stay warm MD. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Well, the fire got out of hand when he fell asleep I'am assuming. Of course the cigs didn't help much.

Old 02-25-2005 | 12:23 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

Originally posted by: mywifesquad
Well, the fire got out of hand when he fell asleep I'am assuming. Of course the cigs didn't help much.
This guy was just not playing with a full deck, obviously confused by being lost. I am pretty sure that if it was you or i or the others who have posted here. We would have been smart enough to clear an area around the fire before starting it. I would just be thrilled to have lighter/matches with me. Always carry those 2 in a sealed bag and a space blanket in my fanny pack, never know.

Quick Reply: Riding with a USFS spark arrestor????