pulled over!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2005, 10:30 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pulled over!!!!!

in Suffolk County, NY, its ILLEGAL for a Cop to chase a ATV or Dirtbike rider. i read it in the newspaper. The officer in the paper said when cops chase atv/dirtbike riders it puts the officer and rider into a dangerous chase. So if a cop tries to stop me, i say "nope" and keep go home, they CANT chase me [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] , which seems true because the other day, i was out riding with about 10 of my friends in the powerlines and pit, and i was at the corner of where the powerline meets the road, waiting for my dad to drop me off some more gas. well, im sitting their with my helmate off, quad off, just chillin. When i see a cop car slow down and see me, and he gets out of his car and hes like "Say goodbye to your fourwheeler, kid" and he started walking tword me. (he was about 50ft. from me) and im like ooooh shhyt, and i threw my helmate on and started up and wwwaaam i took out of their like a Bat out of hell i was so scared. i dont even know what the cop did i didnt look back. i was topped out on the main roads freekin goin through stop sighns and red lights ( dont wory i looked both ways [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] ) i was soo scared. and as soon as i got in my backyard, my quad started poping and stuttering and then it staled. i was out of gas completly i was so lucky.

Old 03-24-2005, 10:42 PM
Pro Rider
Default pulled over!!!!!

TexasPsycho i can see where you coming from, im VERY respectful of cops, when the cop pulled my friend over i could have easily kept going, but i turned around and pulled up next to him. i know its my fault in all. im just warnin everyone else. I have talked to cops b4, if they wave to have to come over i do. i could just keep going everytime. But i think they people being diserspectful toward them deserve what they get.

Old 03-25-2005, 09:07 PM
Default pulled over!!!!!

Originally posted by: 110Wearwolf
in canada if you dont have licence plates or insurance its 2800$ and you go to court and they can take your drivers licence away

Why don't they just mandate life without parole?

This is what happens to personal freedoms and liberties when know-it-all-control-freak-politicians institute oppressive goverment restrictions. We have lots of these types right here in the good ole USA too such as Teddy Kennedy (gink, gink, gink...hicup), John Kerry (vasilating chameleon), Tom Dashal (bye, bye weasel), and a whole bunch more....Of course we all know they do it because we are all a bunch of half-witted Forest Gumps and certainly THEY know what's best for us. It's all for our own good you see!!! Fortunately we have people in our country that will not allow it to go too far......

As far the young kid getting bagged and fined on his new ATV.......hey kid.......we DO have to have some limited rules in a civilized society. Without that we get anarchy. Register your ride, pay your fine, stay off the streets.......and thank your lucky stars you don't live in Canada.

Old 03-25-2005, 09:44 PM
Range Rover
Default pulled over!!!!!

86LT250RFatty that was a close call. i guess your house wasnt that far away and im surprised he didnt follow you. i would have been scared to.

Old 03-25-2005, 09:58 PM
Pro Rider
Default pulled over!!!!!

y didnt u just run and get off onto a trial or sumthin... go down an alley.... i got caught once and ran and got away once and also got chased by a drunck farmer in a truck on the loggin trails haha that was fun!!

Old 03-25-2005, 11:56 PM
Pro Rider
Default pulled over!!!!!

Originally posted by: 86LT250RFatty
in Suffolk County, NY, its ILLEGAL for a Cop to chase a ATV or Dirtbike rider. i read it in the newspaper. The officer in the paper said when cops chase atv/dirtbike riders it puts the officer and rider into a dangerous chase. So if a cop tries to stop me, i say "nope" and keep go home, they CANT chase me [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] , which seems true because the other day, i was out riding with about 10 of my friends in the powerlines and pit, and i was at the corner of where the powerline meets the road, waiting for my dad to drop me off some more gas. well, im sitting their with my helmate off, quad off, just chillin. When i see a cop car slow down and see me, and he gets out of his car and hes like "Say goodbye to your fourwheeler, kid" and he started walking tword me. (he was about 50ft. from me) and im like ooooh shhyt, and i threw my helmate on and started up and wwwaaam i took out of their like a Bat out of hell i was so scared. i dont even know what the cop did i didnt look back. i was topped out on the main roads freekin goin through stop sighns and red lights ( dont wory i looked both ways [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] ) i was soo scared. and as soon as i got in my backyard, my quad started poping and stuttering and then it staled. i was out of gas completly i was so lucky.
Ben!.....why didnt you tell me about this on AIM? I would have been laughing my a$$ off!!! you're only lucky little man.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 03-26-2005, 10:49 PM
Pro Rider
Default pulled over!!!!!

Originally posted by: IcaughtCatchmeifucan
86LT250RFatty that was a close call. i guess your house wasnt that far away and im surprised he didnt follow you. i would have been scared to.
my house was about 10 min away, But what i did was drive about 3 min down the powerline untill a road crossing, and took that road home, so he would of had to jump in his cruiser and circled the block and im sure he did but i was out of their like a bat out of hell [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-26-2005, 10:52 PM
Pro Rider
Default pulled over!!!!!

i figured he would give you a warning the first time

Old 03-28-2005, 09:34 AM
Pro Rider
Default pulled over!!!!!

your in a room, filled with little kids. your sitting in a chair. some kid slaps you in the back of the head. you say, stop it. then, not knowing who, you get slapped again, you yell, stop it. by the 10th time, your p!ssed. so, now you threaten the kids. you cant leave, so the threats start. now, it happens over and over. is someone going to pay for it eventually?

run from the police. i am sure the police are cool the first time or 2 they pull over a quad. but, a few years later, seeing stupid little morons doing it over and over, they get there attitude. adventually they see some little moron,s brains all over the road, and now they want it to stop. not for them, but for you. they see cars skidding trying to miss them, or even an accident or 2.
ya see, theres no differance between most people and police. they wear out with seeing moron,s doing stupid stuff, and want it stoped, for your own sake, or the sake of the public.

ya did the right thing by turning around and acting like a responcible adult. he did his job, and he now respects you more than if you ran. as for others on here. to be old and wise, you first must be young and foolish. when you brag about being ignorant, foolish, and half brain dead, you not only risk your own body( witch i am sure is allready in bad shape from ignorance) but others who have nothing to do with your stupidity. what cracks me up is that most police dont forget things like running power lines wide open. what do you think will happen if he does get to ya? either he will need a shovle to scrape your remains up, or worse, the fines will be enormous.
your parents need some training, becouse man, thery did something wrong with ya!

Old 03-28-2005, 01:06 PM
Pro Rider
Default pulled over!!!!!

The one in Ny that ran thinks that was pretty cool but I'm sure the cop will remember what you and your quad looks like. Next time he probably won't say anything to you until after he has called in a couple more units to block you off and then he'll throw the book at you. I also saw where someone said they were chased by a drunk farmer. I had trouble with some kids cutting my fence last year. They would come on my property and build fires, drink, chase my live stock and tear up my hay meadows. I finally cought them with the help of the local sheriffs dept and I should have pressed charges but we just let them off with a warning. Everything I read were one of you say you ran you were in the wrong to start with. You either admit to having no repsect for others property or no respect for the law. It's fun and games to you now but keep it up and you will either end up 6ft under or in a 6x6 cell one day. It sucks but if you don't have a place to legally ride then don't ride. I'm sure if you form a club and talk to some of the land owners one of them would let you use their property. You can't go having an attitude and being disrespectful when you ask. Show the land owner that you will becareful on his land and respect where he doesn't want you to ride. Explain to him that you will help police his property o downed fences and any tresspassers. I have a group that ride and camp on my land and they have really helped me out. They have even fixed my fences a few times when a tree ahd feel on it. I won't let just any ride on my property and I sure won't let someone on it that won't respect my rules. If you can work with some of the land owners and show them that you can be a benifit and a trouble maker it would really help the communities to accept us instead of wanting to ban atv's. Just remember everytime you run you give them more reason to hate all offroad sports and hobbies.

Quick Reply: pulled over!!!!!