pulled over!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2005, 09:00 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pulled over!!!!!

well i got my notice today, it said that they will be sending out another notice for the court date, he mentioned bout the point that we werent 16 and that we didnt display are regestration. and i dont know if you guys get it but in RICHMOND MINNESOTA it IS legall to drive on the roads!!!!!!! thats not y im getting trouble! but he said as of now he is giving a citation for not showning our licenses. he dropped the charge of us not being 16.

Old 03-31-2005, 08:56 AM
Pro Rider
Default pulled over!!!!!

so, basically, he is giving you a slap on the wrist. insted of paying money, maybe you should ask the courts if you could possibally offer 10 hours community service. make it seem you dont have the money, but want to offer your time. the police, and the courts, will respect that.
all in all, the police man seems like he,s being cool. most will, if you respect them, and there athourity. you did the right thing by turning around to speak to him. i am sure this might even of surprised him, and he will work with ya. good luck, and try to find out exactially what the law is for riding on the street. follow the laws, and even try to offer a neighbor or 2 who might be elderly, some assistance here and there. you would be surprised how haveing an elder person liking you would go a long way!

i wish there were more of our youth thinking about speaking with the police rather than running, only to have the police take it out on the next quad he runs into.

Old 03-31-2005, 10:06 AM
Pro Rider
Default pulled over!!!!!

I can't say I never ran from the law when I was young but it only happened once. I was 16 and ran on a street bike. After about a two hour chase they finally caught me, it's hard to out run their radios. When they caught me I was thrown to the ground and had a pistol to my head. If that wasn't bad enough once my parents got me out of jail I got the butt whipping of my life and I rode the bus to school the rest of the year. It only took that one brief moment to make a bad choice and even when I did it I knew it was the wrong choice. I paid for that for the rest of the year by having to ride the bus but I was also marked by the police and they watched every move I made when I started driving again. My parents had a hard time trusting me and I would be questioned anytime they heard that someone had been acting up. That was over 25 years ago and it's still burnt in my mind. The thing these young ones don't think about is how this is going to hurt them in the long run. They my get away today but every time they do something stupid like this is gives the people who want to ban atv's more leverage. Whne they get in their 20's they may no longer be able to ride at all if quads have been banned all together because of stupid things they do today. Trust me eventually it will come back to bite you and everyone else that rides.