pulled over!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2005, 07:11 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pulled over!!!!!

The one in Ny that ran thinks that was pretty cool but I'm sure the cop will remember what you and your quad looks like. Next time he probably won't say anything to you until after he has called in a couple more units to block you off and then he'll throw the book at you. I also saw where someone said they were chased by a drunk farmer. I had trouble with some kids cutting my fence last year. They would come on my property and build fires, drink, chase my live stock and tear up my hay meadows. I finally cought them with the help of the local sheriffs dept and I should have pressed charges but we just let them off with a warning. Everything I read were one of you say you ran you were in the wrong to start with. You either admit to having no repsect for others property or no respect for the law. It's fun and games to you now but keep it up and you will either end up 6ft under or in a 6x6 cell one day. It sucks but if you don't have a place to legally ride then don't ride. I'm sure if you form a club and talk to some of the land owners one of them would let you use their property. You can't go having an attitude and being disrespectful when you ask. Show the land owner that you will becareful on his land and respect where he doesn't want you to ride. Explain to him that you will help police his property o downed fences and any tresspassers. I have a group that ride and camp on my land and they have really helped me out. They have even fixed my fences a few times when a tree ahd feel on it. I won't let just any ride on my property and I sure won't let someone on it that won't respect my rules. If you can work with some of the land owners and show them that you can be a benifit and a trouble maker it would really help the communities to accept us instead of wanting to ban atv's. Just remember everytime you run you give them more reason to hate all offroad sports and hobbies.
Im also from NY, I wasnt trespassing on anybodys property, it was snowing and the cop chased me/ I respect peoples land, but i dont think there is anything wrong with riding in the snow on the streets// and even if the cop remembers me, ill run again if i have to and like 86lt250rfatty said, its illegal for cops to chase quads on long island and i have a friend that was hit while being chased ans the scumbag cop just kept going after almost killing the kid

Old 03-28-2005, 10:41 PM
Pro Rider
Default pulled over!!!!!

the cops don't really come around my area much, i'm at least 8 miles from a town, so we can do what ever we want, but we still obide by the law.

Old 03-28-2005, 10:45 PM
Range Rover
Default pulled over!!!!!

My friend just got his back from the shop, took it down the street, and a cop pulled him over. 75 bucks, but he let him off the hook b/c this cops a big kid and he knew to kids were ridin the other night at like 11 in the same neighborhood.

Old 03-28-2005, 11:52 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default pulled over!!!!!

no no no, cops are rude because they make a Bulls#%t sallery they average person makes more than them.

and they have small dog syndrom

Old 03-29-2005, 08:45 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default pulled over!!!!!

Originally posted by: Backinthesaddleagain
Originally posted by: 110Wearwolf
in canada if you dont have licence plates or insurance its 2800$ and you go to court and they can take your drivers licence away

Why don't they just mandate life without parole?

This is what happens to personal freedoms and liberties when know-it-all-control-freak-politicians institute oppressive goverment restrictions. We have lots of these types right here in the good ole USA too such as Teddy Kennedy (gink, gink, gink...hicup), John Kerry (vasilating chameleon), Tom Dashal (bye, bye weasel), and a whole bunch more....Of course we all know they do it because we are all a bunch of half-witted Forest Gumps and certainly THEY know what's best for us. It's all for our own good you see!!! Fortunately we have people in our country that will not allow it to go too far......

As far the young kid getting bagged and fined on his new ATV.......hey kid.......we DO have to have some limited rules in a civilized society. Without that we get anarchy. Register your ride, pay your fine, stay off the streets.......and thank your lucky stars you don't live in Canada.
Hi gang. I'm a long time reader who loves reading this forum for its very informative members, but, uhhh, just for the record, this bit about fines in "canada" is a crock.
That might or might not be the case in Alberta, and frankly I doubt it, but it sure as hell is not the case in "canada."
Where I live you must have liability insurance and plates. In return we get thousands of kilometres of trails, thousands and thousands of kilometres of places to ride as opposed to the situation in much of the US where you have to get permission to ride on someone's land. And there sure as heck ain't no $2,800 fines and confiscations awaiting you if you don't get plates and liability insurance. And last I checked, I'm a Canadian.
Just want you guys to have the facts before running off about something someone posted on a bb.
All the best.

Old 03-29-2005, 08:59 AM
Pro Rider
Default pulled over!!!!!

It's true cops don't make much but I don't think that has much to do with their attitude. When they took the job they knew what they were going to be making. Think about all the mouthing they have to listen to from people who have been pulled over for breaking the law. These are the same people that will gripe when they see someone else breaking the law and you'll always hear the same thing from them " lazy a$$ cops should be out catching these law breakers". Funny those people mean all the law breakers except themself. Then think about how many times the cop has worked an accident where some 12 y/o kid on a bicycle or atv has just got mangled by a drunk driver and now the cop has to drive to the parents house to tell them that their child will never be coming home again. Guess who gets the blame most of the time. The cop for not catching the drunk driver to start with! Running is just plain stupid and dangerous. Post on here in a few years, that is if your not in jail by then. I have no problem saying I think anyone who runs should loose their quad and get a hefty fine. I think anyone who breaks the law at all should have to answer in some way.

Old 03-29-2005, 09:19 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 165 Likes on 164 Posts
Default pulled over!!!!!

I guess if it comes down to a BS salary making you an a-hole, then you better count me in on that. Mich660griz has the correct perspective. A person may have only run 2 or 3 times, but count how many say they have and you'll get a pretty big number. How many times would you have someone come to your job and do the same thing you've told not to over and over, and how long before you'd get an attitude?

Old 03-29-2005, 10:19 AM
Pro Rider
Default pulled over!!!!!

ive been pulled over once before. i was on an old suzuki 86 250 quadrunner 4x4... so running was not an option. i could get about 45 out of that thing, and it took its sweet time gettin there. well i was on our road ( we always think of it as ours.. we own all the land around it), and theres a whoppin 4 houses on this road, so its not a real busy place. he flashed his sirens, so i pulled right over. he gave me a warning, told me that if he felt like it, he could give me a ticket for driving an unregistered vehicle on the road. ( i would have said farm vehicle, doesnt need to be registered, but i let it slide...)
well he drove away... and the part that p!ssed me off the most is that the battery was just about dead. so i had to shut it off for the cop, and had to pull start it to get going again... that thing didnt start easy at all. i spent more time trying to pull start it than talkin to the cop... now when he sees me on the road, he just shakes his finger at me and keeps goin.

Old 03-29-2005, 11:37 PM
Pro Rider
Default pulled over!!!!!

is it possible to make an atv street legal, i mean all you need is front and rear liscense plates (for WI) and turn signals, and, proper safety equipment, and the need to be able to reach speed limits. is there more?

Old 03-30-2005, 12:18 AM
Trailblazer
Default pulled over!!!!!

Go to court on the assigned date and time. Be honest and courteous. My wife talked down two speeding tickets a a citation from the Rabbit Police
last summer. Probably spent < $100 total to settle all 3.

Now... Stay out of the road. Wear your helment. Live long enough to enjoy the wonderful life God has given you.

Beagles

PS,

Wife's new nickname......Convict <G>

Quick Reply: pulled over!!!!!