Who wears helmets? ...2nd post

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-1999, 10:27 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks to all who replied to my first post with comments and advice on wearing helmets while riding quads. I'm posting again to let you know that your posts do make a difference. Because of you, (really) my new helmet and goggles came in the other day. A few real pics of my new helmet and ATV are temporarily on my web site at http://www.gate.net/~ke4iaj/ .

I think they're a lot of people who do not wear helmets (especially on utility) but did not want to admit it in a reply.

I now feel safer while riding and can fearlessly (within reason of course) try to reach my limits and the machines.

Thanks again to all who posted. Any more comments from helmet wearers and non-helmet wearers are welcome!

Happy trails to all...

jUsT mE - WillieB - '99 Scrambler 500

Old 08-08-1999, 11:28 PM
Trailblazer

I wear a helmet most of the time when riding a quad. I don't wear a helmet at all with my Max because I feal it is safe enough.

Old 08-08-1999, 11:39 PM
Trailblazer

I dont know how safe this is, but when ever i go trail riding by myself, I use those real small head phones that fit right in your ear,
plug them into my walkman and presto, a stereo on your quad. I wear a helment because i feel alot safer, and in the winter time it helps keep your head warm.

MaxRules, I think i speak for just about everyone when i say, We know you have a Max, We know you like it. You dont have to Bring it up in EVERY post. I think you have a complex about driving a Max. Espcially since your in a forum with Pretty much all atv'ers.

------------------
Jeremy Cross

1993 Yamaha *turbo* t-wolf

Old 08-09-1999, 09:16 PM
Range Rover

thanks for telling the kid that no one cares about his max are 93 t-wolves will eat the max up i always where a helment because it has already saved my life i was going down a backroad on the t-wolve and i was going to fast for the turn and i went off a bank and smack my head off a big tree did not hurt the t-wolve because nothing can and max boy my t-wolve has went through water up to the gas tank and was still going

93-t-wolve
99 500 scrambler (a.k.a. 400ex eater)lol

Old 08-12-1999, 12:57 AM
Trailblazer

i gues the only time i really dont wear a helmet is when im puttin around my yard. whenever im out riding i always wear one. ive seen too many people hurt because they didnt

tony
'97 banshee