fIGHT BACK AGAINST RISING GAS PRICES

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2005, 01:52 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default fIGHT BACK AGAINST RISING GAS PRICES

hey seibert51, no need to go bush crazy on us. You know how our goverment works. There are two parties, each party wants to have the most but really, you want it to be equal. If a party was all republican, like you would want since you think repubs are the best, things wouldnt work.Whatever bush said, it would go and i can tell ya that wouldnt be good. Bye the way, i like to here people dog bush.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 08-18-2005, 02:58 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You guys need to stick to carbs and sprockets and forget Geo-Politics.

What has happened to Naperville, IL since I left in 2000?? Can't imagine someone named MURDR living there. Sounds like a brain-washed and illiterate union member to me. BTW, just where do you find DISEAL fuel along I-55??

Mr. MURDR stated that President Bush:

- "Started a war in Iraq"

Continued would be a better word. At least it will be finished when he leaves office. This war was never about getting rid of Saddam, stealing oil or finding WMD's. It was about sending a message to Islamic countries; Your will will not be imposed on us, rather our's will be imposed on you. Get out of line and get punk'd. Any one remember how quickly Libya and Syria started co-operating.

- "Young soldiers are dieing every day to fight for Senior Bush lost battle when he was in presidentcy."

First of all, let me run this through Spellcheck....

Young soldiers are DYING daily to fight Senior Bush's lost battle that occured during his PRESIDENCY.

I did a Google search but was unable to find any reference to our defeat at the hands of the Iraqi's during Desert Storm. If it can't be located by Google, it did not happen. Nice revisionist's view of history. Were you huffing gas out of your LT50 in the early 90's??

It is a shame when any of our servicemen or servicewomen lose thier lives but it is the view of many military analysts that a loss of 5000 soldiers now [We are still under 2000] could save MANY, MANY more lives down the road. This could be compared to dropping the 2 atomic bombs on Japan at the end of WWII. Though it killed 600,000 people instantly, it saved MILLIONS of lives [both US and Japanese] by avoiding a ground invasion of the Japanese mainland.
It's unbelievable how good our military is at preserving life.
I find it amazing that this country can take over a country the size of Texas, occupy it for a couple of years and lose less than 2000 soldiers.
It's a tough call to send troops to a foreign theatre but that's why being the President of the United States is the most important job on the planet.
I believe the only thing that gets Radical Islamic Fundementalist's attention is force. Like the old saying goes, " I don't care if you like me, I only care that you respect me."

- "Gas Prices have TRIPPLED "

Not only have gas prices not "trippled", they haven't even "tripled"!! [correct spelling]

FYI

When GW Bush was elected in Nov 2000 regular unleaded was @ $1.50 per gallon.
One year later it was down to @ $1.15
By your calculations, I should be paying @ $4.50 per gallon when it is only $ 2.50
$ 2.50 a gallon is roughly equivalent to what we spent on gas in the late 70's [when you adjust for inflation.] So what's you beef??

************************************************** ************************************************** ***********

I only agree with the current administration 2/3's of the time, believe it or not.

Here is an interesting website for getting the skinny on gas prices historically and how they relate to us today

CLICK HERE

I'm Glad some are willing to do something about rising gas prices. I recently bought a Pontiac Vibe for my work car and though I wouldn't normally drive this sort of vehicle, I feel better that I am sending less money to fund people who hate us and our lifestyles.

<>

Old 08-18-2005, 03:52 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Well I survived my first TRUE day of saving gas........................Drove my wifes 94 Geo Metro, 3 clinder 1L engine, 5 speed , no AC, radio sucks, Ect............to work.......drove at 55 (usually 75-80) and never mashed it to the floor (very off my norm !!!!!!) It was rough driving that go-cart.....but I am sick of buying 36 gallons of gas a week at these prices!

Old 08-18-2005, 08:10 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 167 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally posted by: ThrashAndCrashUntilItsTrash
Well I survived my first TRUE day of saving gas........................Drove my wifes 94 Geo Metro, 3 clinder 1L engine, 5 speed , no AC, radio sucks, Ect............to work.......drove at 55 (usually 75-80) and never mashed it to the floor (very off my norm !!!!!!) It was rough driving that go-cart.....but I am sick of buying 36 gallons of gas a week at these prices!
Did you drive 55 because you wanted to, or because that all 3 cylinders could give ya. j/k [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-18-2005, 08:12 AM
Pro Rider

good job dude!

i too drove 55 this a.m.........i had to leave my house 5-10 minutes earlier than normal to justify 70 mph down to 55.

Gas sucks, i wish the government would let some of these chemists and scientists discover new resourses to make engines run. Every time a sweet idea turns up it gets bought out by either the government or the oil industry.

Yeah gas prices may not have tripled either......but give them time...they are 2.89 here...for regular. Bush still has 3 more years in office and the war is going to most likely continue for a while. Gas has risen a bit over a dollar in the past year, in 3 more years where is it going to be. Pretty soon the gas prices will have tripled....trust me.

I was thinking about this too, in Michigan the minimum wage stadard is set at $5.15 or 5.25..(cant remember), anyways, how do you think you could afford to have a minimum wage job in this state with gas at 2.89 a gallon. You would have to work 2-3 hours a day just to pay for the gas you would use to get there and back, its rediculous.

I know one thing, i sure wish my wages were sky rocketing as fast as gas is. As a matter of fact i think gas has risen more this past year than my wages have, how sickening is that, i gotta have a talk with the boss man.

Old 08-18-2005, 09:50 AM
Pro Rider

I for one will do my part and be driving 55 from now on. Great Idea people!

Old 08-18-2005, 11:42 AM
Range Rover

Lets just say we all sop buying gas and dont go anywhere for 1 day....This will also hurt many other companies that wont have customers/employees. SOme will lose their jobs and guess what...Lets just say they drop the prices, WHAT are we gonna do when they do? We are all gonna buy a bunch of gas the next day and then the prices will be jacked up again.

Old 08-18-2005, 10:31 PM
Pro Rider

heh...55 or 65, my truck wont make much of a diff....it might go from 9 to 8......

Old 08-18-2005, 11:21 PM
Pro Rider

Hat's off for Trx440! Nice statements, BTW.

I drive the "Man Truck" to work everyday (F250 7.3 liter powerstroke, crew, long bed). I was getting 12-14 at my normal light speed driving. I slowed down to 65-70, and I'm getting 16. Fuel is 2.85 in my neck of the woods, and it makes me sick. I would get shot if I drove 55, but I am starting to be more patient with slower drivers. I also drive 30 miles each way, and am looking at buying a VW TDI or something more economic.

Old 08-18-2005, 11:24 PM
T Rex Rider
What irritates me is!
Those 6-packs work pretty good.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: Trx440
You guys need to stick to carbs and sprockets and forget Geo-Politics.

What has happened to Naperville, IL since I left in 2000?? Can't imagine someone named MURDR living there. Sounds like a brain-washed and illiterate union member to me. BTW, just where do you find DISEAL fuel along I-55??

Mr. MURDR stated that President Bush:

- "Started a war in Iraq"

Continued would be a better word. At least it will be finished when he leaves office. This war was never about getting rid of Saddam, stealing oil or finding WMD's. It was about sending a message to Islamic countries; Your will will not be imposed on us, rather our's will be imposed on you. Get out of line and get punk'd. Any one remember how quickly Libya and Syria started co-operating.

- "Young soldiers are dieing every day to fight for Senior Bush lost battle when he was in presidentcy."

First of all, let me run this through Spellcheck....

Young soldiers are DYING daily to fight Senior Bush's lost battle that occured during his PRESIDENCY.

I did a Google search but was unable to find any reference to our defeat at the hands of the Iraqi's during Desert Storm. If it can't be located by Google, it did not happen. Nice revisionist's view of history. Were you huffing gas out of your LT50 in the early 90's??

It is a shame when any of our servicemen or servicewomen lose thier lives but it is the view of many military analysts that a loss of 5000 soldiers now [We are still under 2000] could save MANY, MANY more lives down the road. This could be compared to dropping the 2 atomic bombs on Japan at the end of WWII. Though it killed 600,000 people instantly, it saved MILLIONS of lives [both US and Japanese] by avoiding a ground invasion of the Japanese mainland.
It's unbelievable how good our military is at preserving life.
I find it amazing that this country can take over a country the size of Texas, occupy it for a couple of years and lose less than 2000 soldiers.
It's a tough call to send troops to a foreign theatre but that's why being the President of the United States is the most important job on the planet.
I believe the only thing that gets Radical Islamic Fundementalist's attention is force. Like the old saying goes, " I don't care if you like me, I only care that you respect me."

- "Gas Prices have TRIPPLED "

Not only have gas prices not "trippled", they haven't even "tripled"!! [correct spelling]

FYI

When GW Bush was elected in Nov 2000 regular unleaded was @ $1.50 per gallon.
One year later it was down to @ $1.15
By your calculations, I should be paying @ $4.50 per gallon when it is only $ 2.50
$ 2.50 a gallon is roughly equivalent to what we spent on gas in the late 70's [when you adjust for inflation.] So what's you beef??

************************************************** ************************************************** ***********

I only agree with the current administration 2/3's of the time, believe it or not.

Here is an interesting website for getting the skinny on gas prices historically and how they relate to us today

CLICK HERE

I'm Glad some are willing to do something about rising gas prices. I recently bought a Pontiac Vibe for my work car and though I wouldn't normally drive this sort of vehicle, I feel better that I am sending less money to fund people who hate us and our lifestyles.

<>

I like the sound of aged experience when they put things in perspective. I would say gas is just now getting to where it should be. We're putting jobs back in the US and are less dependent on foreign oil. THAT'S not a bad thing people. And I wonder what the average mpg of the family car was back in the 70's???? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Also, we already have hybrid engine technology that may finally have enough support to take off.

Quick Reply: fIGHT BACK AGAINST RISING GAS PRICES