fIGHT BACK AGAINST RISING GAS PRICES

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2005, 10:36 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fIGHT BACK AGAINST RISING GAS PRICES

I read in a magazine that there is one way we can really hurt the oil industry.

One week, everyone drives 55 mph everywhere you go, most vehicles will use alot less gas if you drive 55 mph rather than 65-75 mph.

Dont know if this is true, but if everyone drives 55 all week, there will be alot less gas used, therefore alot less fillups.

Im game to trying that if anyone wants to set a date and see how many people will go along.

Old 08-17-2005, 11:00 AM
Pro Rider

or we could get all of america not go to work or anywhere and stay home for a week or walk instead of drive! that sounds like an awsome idea but too bad it'll never happen, lol. or we could all fill up our trucks and stuff and then not pay for it.... just drive away. just make sure ur license plate is covered and ur good to go, haha.

Old 08-17-2005, 11:26 AM
Trailblazer

i think that if everyone in the US didn't buy gas for 1 single day it would impact oil companies enough to drop prices.....but like Grizzman42 said it'll never happen

Old 08-17-2005, 11:33 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

I think you have a great idea Gwinnwarrior, I slow down 10 mph(from 80 to 70 mph) when the price of reg gets over $2.50. Its between 2.75 and 3.00 now. My mileage increases from 21 to 25. I could probubly get close to 30mpg at 55 mph. The problem is that the majority of the people just like to complain, not actually do something.

Old 08-17-2005, 12:43 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yea this sucks...if airhead bush was smart he would put money towards mass producing hydrogen cars

Old 08-17-2005, 01:02 PM
Pro Rider

um i hate to tell ya, but that wouldnt work, in Econ we learned that would actually come back and hurt us by them raising the cost to sacrifice for the days losses. and 2nd of all, i dont think many people would even do that

Old 08-17-2005, 01:07 PM
RIP Dear Friend

I say just quit drinking less aquafina, eat less junk food, going out to eat so much and put the money towards the gas bill.

Trending Topics

Old 08-17-2005, 01:33 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well you guys can thank who ever voted for Bush . These gas prices are because of him and its real Bull Shi!t..
Lets here what bush has done here...... Started a pointless war in Iraq, which has cause young soliders lives, took a leader out of his own country because of the things he has done like killing his own people, when the US takes people out daily but we dont know about it. Oh , the gas prices ... yeah hes loving every second of these gas prices, the guy owns oil fields and is making a killing right now sitting back with his father and chaney all making big money. He knows that people are not happy but yet does nothing about the gas prices and if he mentions anything about the prices, its a quick blur and moves on to the war in Iraq to take peoples attetion away from the gas prices.
Lets list off the good things bush has done....
1. Started a war in Iraq
2. Young soldiers are dieing every day to fight for Senior Bush lost battle when he was in presidentcy.
3. Gas Prices have TRIPPLED

Old 08-17-2005, 01:40 PM
Pro Rider

Most cars are most efficient at 55 it is true

Old 08-17-2005, 01:42 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Murder.....that is a comment for the other 2 gas price forums.........this one is for ideas on how to SAVE! all you did there was start an argument!

Heck I'll do the 55 thing...........from my normal 75-80 down to 55 might actuall help [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] but I will have to remember to not leave late for work [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: fIGHT BACK AGAINST RISING GAS PRICES