fIGHT BACK AGAINST RISING GAS PRICES

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2005, 12:20 AM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fIGHT BACK AGAINST RISING GAS PRICES

Originally posted by: Whitewater
Hat's off for Trx440! Nice statements, BTW.

I drive the "Man Truck" to work everyday (F250 7.3 liter powerstroke, crew, long bed). I was getting 12-14 at my normal light speed driving. I slowed down to 65-70, and I'm getting 16. Fuel is 2.85 in my neck of the woods, and it makes me sick. I would get shot if I drove 55, but I am starting to be more patient with slower drivers. I also drive 30 miles each way, and am looking at buying a VW TDI or something more economic.
Buy a flack vest and drop it down a few hundred RPM. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

TDIs get up close to around 50MPG on the highway I believe.

Just need to make a sheep sled. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 08-19-2005, 12:21 AM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

Originally posted by: MrCrazyfoot
Its funny how everyone think's rising gas prices are Bush's fault. It's not!
Are government, however dissagreable they may be to our own ideals is just about our only hope for getting gas prices back down.
I'm sorry to break it to you but 30 or 40 people on an ATV forum are not going to change gas prices.
We may not make a global impact, but for our own little world it will. Encourage all of your friends to do it as well. Make it a friendly competition. Worst mileage increase buys a round. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 08-19-2005, 08:08 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior

We may not make a global impact, but for our own little world it will. Encourage all of your friends to do it as well. Make it a friendly competition. Worst mileage increase buys a round. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
This is what I was saying B&RW. Very few want to do anything but complain. If just 1/2 of the people would do it(slow down a little) it would have a effect. It just wouldnt be as fun as just complaining.

Old 08-19-2005, 10:31 AM
Pro Rider

The market will correct itself naturally. People all over the country are beginning to cut back on their driving, it's not being felt yet, but everyone I talk to is feeling the pinch. It doesn't take a lot for the supply to exceed demand and it'll come down. A few percent less consumption overall makes a huge difference in supply, and just like any commodity (I'm a commodity trader) soon as it's not moving the price falls.

Your theory is correct, but rather than a coordinated plan, natural tendencies will act it out.

Old 08-19-2005, 06:10 PM
Pro Rider

Yup, you guys are on to something. Slowing down helps quite a bit actually. When you work it out, you're not saving that much time going faster, maybe an hour over a whole day. I use the cruise control every day, and set it about 58 or so. I just kick back and watch all these guys flying by in lifted 2500 series Chevs. Pass everything but a gas pump. I saved enough in two years to buy a real nice stereo for the truck too.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-19-2005, 08:17 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Whitewater
Hat's off for Trx440! Nice statements, BTW.

am looking at buying a VW TDI or something more economic.

TDIs get up close to around 50MPG on the highway I believe.

Just need to make a sheep sled. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Im gettin a horse.

Old 08-20-2005, 08:25 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Gopher500
heh...55 or 65, my truck wont make much of a diff....it might go from 9 to 8......
It's a difference that accumulates. And actually with the lower mileage (MPG wise) vehicles it makes a bigger difference. You'll push that up to 10-11, if not more.
ive never seen my truck get double digits...the 7.5L doesnt help

Old 08-20-2005, 09:33 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally posted by: Gopher500

ive never seen my truck get double digits...the 7.5L doesnt help
Hey Gopher500, you ever actually drive at 55 mph for any lenght of time? I assume that most of the people that come here are leadfoots like my self. I used to think that it wouldnt make that much of a difference either. My 88 Ford 4X4 with a 5.0(with lots of bolt ons) goes from 13-14 mpg at 55 mph, even towing to 10-11mpg at 65. and at 75 goes in the tank with about 6-7mpg if fighting a wind. I will admit that a lot of the time I still hammer the throttle more than I dont, but when I am patient enough it really does have a positive effect.

and BTW, how is Fred doing? Is he still the head of the posse?

Old 08-20-2005, 12:29 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

U people doggin on bush are real morons you know. IF it werent for u damn liberals we wouldnt be doin war cause it would of been over a long time ago, and when they didnt want to sell oil to us we would take it from them, u got to realize we are the united states of america and we are strong enough to take out any country we wanted too. But no u damn liberals are to much of a pu§§y to do any thing like that.

Say we get into a war with china...its either china is going to kick the **** out of us...or who nuc's first wins the war....say we send over 5 nuc's they can tell if nuc's are coming over with there technology so they send over 5...10 nuc's going off....basically the world will end with all the radeation......china's population is soo much bigger than ours. We nuc them they nuc us basically endin the world

Old 08-20-2005, 02:45 PM
Pro Rider

You guys are all saying go 55 to save gas, so I figured it out on my car, my best mpg's are at 63 mph.