Kids, pay attention. You might learn something.

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2005, 04:00 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kids, pay attention. You might learn something.

Originally posted by: LTZevil400
This one is just plain hard to read, at least for my simple mind. Is this kinda what you're talking about Buck?

cops never give me fines. i got caught by a cop win i was driving my pocket bike on the road the cop jest sid dont do it again. and one time i was driving down the road and went right past a cop and the cop jest kept going. and anuther time i was a a old road that was all cracked and stuff and i riped the road all up and it looked like gravel after i was don and later the cops came and were looking at my 400ex and then i jest sid i didnt do it and they gave me no fine. the DNA and cops never give me fines.
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]
I think that's exactly what he means. It is even more frustrating when they are trying to ask a question in this language (What I think Buck is mostly mad at) because they expect you to take the time to decode and read, then respond to their question.

Old 10-14-2005, 04:42 PM
Range Rover

Good topic. I can typically tell the age group of many posters by the level of grammar skills. I really think kids are dumber on average today than say 15-20 years ago (there is data to support this). I suppose it comes from being too spoiled/affluent/lazy as a society, and also gross incompetence from educators in spite of ever increasing budgets, which don't seem to help. Probably watching Cribs all the time doesn't help either, those "entertainers" and athletes are very lucky, and some of them are even talented, most people aren't either of those things. But almost anyone can go to college and get a good job.

There has been plenty of talk about how maybe this will be the first generation in who knows how long that has been less successful than their parents. I know my parents did much better than theirs, and I have already passed my parents at a young age, but tomorrow's adults? I dunno. Maybe they will all work at Starbucks, or McDonald's in their 30s? Being dumb isn't cool kids, you'll see that when it's time to get a REAL job. Go to college, it makes a big difference. And besides, you can buy WAY more toys with a good job, maybe that can be your motivation. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 10-14-2005, 04:58 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: CobraR6
Originally posted by: Ginnis
oh, and Stallion, i have to say you have QUITE the babe there man. Keep ahold of that one. You guys got alot of HOTT girls out there in Kentucky, I'm out there about once a month. We're lucky if we can find chicks with all there teeth here. hahaha later, man.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Hey ginnis, I was lucky enough to find a girl....and yes she has all her teeth. Haha sorry dude I couldnt pass that up!
Hey Cobra, too bad she's your cousin!!! HAHAHA[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 10-14-2005, 05:00 PM
Pro Rider

ShadyRascal put it right, they are selling themselves short. It is not that they cant communicate properly, its that they choose not to by taking the easy way out. They do not even attemt to make intelligent communication. I myself cannot spell to save my life, but you can easily read my posts and understand what I am saying, because I at least make an effort to communicate well.

Amen Brother! Testify!!!

Old 10-14-2005, 05:01 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Speedster700HP
Good topic. I can typically tell the age group of many posters by the level of grammar skills. I really think kids are dumber on average today than say 15-20 years ago (there is data to support this). I suppose it comes from being too spoiled/affluent/lazy as a society, and also gross incompetence from educators in spite of ever increasing budgets, which don't seem to help. Probably watching Cribs all the time doesn't help either, those "entertainers" and athletes are very lucky, and some of them are even talented, most people aren't either of those things. But almost anyone can go to college and get a good job.

There has been plenty of talk about how maybe this will be the first generation in who knows how long that has been less successful than their parents. I know my parents did much better than theirs, and I have already passed my parents at a young age, but tomorrow's adults? I dunno. Maybe they will all work at Starbucks, or McDonald's in their 30s? Being dumb isn't cool kids, you'll see that when it's time to get a REAL job. Go to college, it makes a big difference. And besides, you can buy WAY more toys with a good job, maybe that can be your motivation. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Even though I agree with you, watch what you say. Not all kids are dumb. Which isn't exactly what you said, but its close enough that today's dumb kids will take it as so. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 10-14-2005, 05:02 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Speedster700HP
And besides, you can buy WAY more toys with a good job, maybe that can be your motivation. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
For the record, this TRULY is the number one thought in my mind when taking standardized tests [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]. I want a job that pays insane money for regular hours, giving me plenty of free time for the toys I'm gonna have [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img].

Old 10-14-2005, 05:04 PM
Pro Rider

"...today's dumb kids will take it as so."

Ok, I don't know wether to take that as derogatory or not........[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 10-14-2005, 05:35 PM
Pro Rider

oh, and Stallion, i have to say you have QUITE the babe there man. Keep ahold of that one. You guys got alot of HOTT girls out there in Kentucky, I'm out there about once a month. We're lucky if we can find chicks with all there teeth here. hahaha later, man.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Hey ginnis, I was lucky enough to find a girl....and yes she has all her teeth. Haha sorry dude I couldnt pass that up!
Hey Cobra, too bad she's your cousin!!! HAHAHA[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]
I didnt know I was related to you....

Old 10-14-2005, 06:05 PM
Pro Rider

"...today's dumb kids will take it as so."

Ok, I don't know wether to take that as derogatory or not........[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
neither do I... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 10-14-2005, 06:18 PM
Pro Rider

I didnt know I was related to you....
Baby, I didn't think you were gonna tell anyone!!!! HAHAHAHA Just messing aaround to those who don't know I'm kidding, he's dating my sister.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Kids, pay attention. You might learn something.