Where's the brain?

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-1999, 07:18 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Kclayd, nowhere have I indicated lack of respect for the law or justice. Further, I respect you, your thoughtful posts I have enjoyed over time, and what I'm certain is your contribution to the betterment of society as an ethical trial lawyer.

You may rest confident and secure in your deservedly honorable position. You need not pose as a victim.

You seem a compassionate person; after all, you, among few 4x4 ATV riders, have shown kindness toward Max6X6.

I hope you get your sticking shift and exclamation point (!) keys repaired on your keyboard soon.

Excuse me. Time for another cup of superheated coffee.

Tree Farmer

Old 11-08-1999, 02:31 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Tree Farmer, you have eloquently reminded me why I don't like lawyers....

Old 11-08-1999, 06:41 PM
Weekend Warrior

Does anyone here know what ya call 50 lawyers at the bottom of the sea>?

LOL: A good start ^5

Old 11-09-1999, 01:38 PM
Range Rover

you guys need lives!!!!!!

Old 11-14-1999, 05:16 PM
Trailblazer

ive got a quick question for all you lawyers that like to post in this forum. my plugs fouled out in my banshee and i was caused alot of personal stress and anguish and i was also stranded. does this mean i can sue NGK for 3 million and win??? just a thought.

tony
'97 banshee

Old 11-14-1999, 10:33 PM
Pro Rider

Kclad-
While your here I was in Forest city this weekend heading south towards Carbondale When I met up with a couple of quaders underneath an overpass stopped to take a break.
And this is the story I heard, It turns out That one of their friends had gone down the connecting trails to Carbondale. Hoped on the rail bed and was flagged down by somebody standing on the rail bed with a helmet in his hand and what appeared to be blood coming from his forehead . So the I'll fatted quader stoped to help out! No sooner did he stop .Then the person grabbed his key from the quad And perseeded to write him up a ticket for trespassing on the railbead.

It turns out that the so called injured man was a railroad officer And levied a $1000 dollar trespassing ticket on that rider. The blood was fake.

Is that legal!!!!!!!!Sounds like entrapment to me.

This story only enforces my NO stop policy.

Old 11-15-1999, 05:48 PM
Pro Rider

Hi, trx430ex.

I hope that story isn't true. How pitiful to bait a good samaritan into a $1,000 fine. That's sad.

But it isn't entrapment. "Entrapment" occurs when the police get someone to commit a crime which they were not "predisposed" to do. The classic example is the DeLorean case, where polcie convinced a businesman facing bankruptcy to join them in a cocain conspiracy which he would never have done but for their involvement.

That is different from the incident you heard about. Your friend was charged with trespassing, something he was doing without any help from the police.

If properly represented, I believe that the Court would probably continue judgment in the rider's case. Not too many judges want to hammer someone who was trying to help an injured citizen. A Continued Judgment would do two things. It would keep the rider from having a criminal conviction, and it would allow him to escape the fine.

Me? I won't jump into something like that, but I won't let an injured person go unhelped along the trail. I'd probably get a ticket, too.

[This message has been edited by kclayd (edited 11-15-1999).]

Old 11-18-1999, 06:33 PM
Pro Rider

I have been asked where my previous posts went. No, the moderators did not delete them. I did. I have SEEN THE LIGHT, thanks to the messages provided me here in this thread. It all makes sense, now. GUN CONTROL????? NO WAY!!!! IF EVERYONE HAD A GUN INSTEAD OF A LAWYER, WE WOULDN'T BE IN THIS MESS!!!!!! Who's going to sue you if you carry a gun? Think about it. If all ATVers had a gun, and carried it, then would we have all this harrasment by so-called "law enforcement authorities? Would otherwise innocent ATVers be chased off the public roads by police, sheriffs, and others? I DON'T THINK SO! It may be time to begin State ATV miltias, as allowed by the Second Amendment. We must exercise our rights BEFORE IT IS TOO LATE! Look at Red China. DO THEY HAVE ATVS? Do THEY have a Second Amendment?????? NO.

The government is even telling us what we can or can't wear! How many States have passed laws requiring us to wear helmets!!!! What's next? Will they make us wear tu-tus when we ride our ATVs? IT MUST BE STOPPED, NOW!

There is only one organization which shares these views - OUR VIEWS!! It is S.A.D. (Stop All Development Now). For other information about SAD, read the thread under the environmental trails topic entitled "So Sad!"

ACT NOW BEFORE IT IS TOO LATE!!!!!

kclayd

President/Treasurer, S.A.D.

[This message has been edited by kclayd (edited 11-22-1999).]

Old 11-18-1999, 10:42 PM
Trailblazer

Well this thread started out pretty good. got a bunch better then fell off into the sea of bilge water!

All that aside. 3cross I can only suggest that you and the other three witnesses file a suite against the parents! Child abuse, Loss of riding area, asult with a dead weapon (the attorny), and I'm sure that you could figure out several more complaints too.

Attorneys, like most Homo Sapiens, come in a variety of flavors also. We all don't like all the flavors. But such a variety may be needed in our world. Though it really is nicer working with Honest people, too bad so many lawyers have forgotten about what is Really Right and what is Really Wrong! Instead they only seek the deep pocket.

Following is one lawsuite that I was actually almost involved in. I was called to jury duty.

Product liability suit! (Ya gotta be kidding right?) They were actually serious. Here's the layout.
Plaintifs: A 14 year old boy.
His witness's inclulded his mother and uncle.

Defendants: Honda Motor co. and my local dealership.
Witness's for the defence, His Father and Aunt!

I'm sure that there was also going to be the usual half truth sayers all lined up and paid for their esteemed opnions!

Thank God the local hondaa guy was a client of mine. So I told the judge that during the interview. He was not wanting to accept that as an out of jury duty so I suggested that I could tell him the exact outcome of this case right now. He excused me. But one of my friends served as an alternate.

The trial lasted two weeks! My friend told me all about it. After the suit was judged by the jury and it was decided that the boy and his attorney gets nothing, not even a judgement. the plaintif's attorney started into a triad aimed and directed at the jury! Evidently this went on for some time and the judge did not stop it. He finally ran out of gas and the jury gave him a final, well deserved, single finger salute.

I was very happy for the outcome, and it is almost to the letter of what I was about to tell the judge and lawyers duing the jury selection process. The real fight with this one was between mom and dad! It had nothing to do with the accident at all. Hmmmm seems like maybe these two couples married the wrong people!

Business Law summary. "Sue The Bastards"

Old 11-22-1999, 12:11 PM
Pro Rider

Of course!

Litigation against ATV manufacturers MUST BE STOPPED! NOW and FOREVER. The same people who have been doing this - LAWYERS - have also been behind the over-development of our sacred, virginal riding trails. Remember, Bill Clinton is a lawyer, and his wife HILLARY is a lawyer. OJ Simpson was got off by lawyers! HITLER WAS A LAWYER!! SO WAS STALIN!!! They are ALL lawyers, and something must be done about them, NOW!!!!!!!

One of the primary goals of S.A.D. (Stop All Development) is to end frivolous litigation. We believe that the simplest way to do that is either to do away with courthouses, so lawyers would have no place to gather, or to simply round them all up and ........ well, you get the idea. Think of ALL the money we would save!

In order to save that money, however, me must spend money. S.A.D., as any other idealistic organization must be properly funded, and I...It needs LOTS OF MONEY, NOW! Please send your money, before it is too late!

ACT NOW!

kclayd,

President/Treasurer, S.A.D.

[This message has been edited by kclayd (edited 11-22-1999).]

Quick Reply: Where's the brain?