ATV TELEVISION

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2000, 12:17 AM
r34
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Scooter...Sorry I didnt respond earlier, I have'nt been to this post in a while. It is on every Friday morning at 8:00 AM and repeats at 5:00 PM. That is in Alberta so in P.E.I. , you are 3 hours ahead of us.

Old 01-06-2000, 11:22 PM

Was the first show about "Looking for Bear in the Canadian Rockies"? I am in that show crossing a river on a 500 Arctic Cat. Doug Meyer is a lot of fun, I would like to get a copy of that show if anyone has time. We don't have the outdoor channel avalable here.
Thanks.

Old 01-07-2000, 12:18 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ATVRAY--Email me and I'll send a copy of it. I told Boner an AC was in that show and he went wild. Right, BoneCat??
TxDoc2@aol.com

Old 01-07-2000, 12:34 AM
r34
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

atvray....cool, I'll have to look through the episodes that I have taped, and see if I can find it.

Old 01-17-2002, 10:06 PM

Is any one still watching ATV Television? I have been in several of last seasons shows. I was in the Polaris 700 show along with the Yamaha 660 show and a few others. Just wondering what anyones thoughts my have been about the shows..

Old 01-18-2002, 09:32 AM
Pro Rider

atvray

I watch the show about every week. I haven't watched this week, but have it taped. As for my general impressions of the show:

1. I need less of Doug's opinion on the atv. Doug gets stuck on one concept and beats the death out of it. One prime example is insisting that the gearshift be on the left hand side. I don't know how many times I have heard him say that. Which side the gearshift is one has nothing to do with the performance of the machine. Instead of hearing Doug's personal opinion on every machine, I would rather have a small panel of riders give their opinion, that way the viewer could get an overall opinion of the machine being tested. Doug needs to have more of an open mind for the differences in machines.

2. The quality of the shows will vary greatly. The show on the Adelade Grand Prix was a great show, however, Doug's three part series on the "BEST" of what Doug likes was a complete waste of time to watch.

3. Doug spends way to much time talking about general nonsense and too little time riding and showing the machines performance.

As for the shows that you were in:

1. The Grizzly 660 show. I am not sure which one you were in, the introduction where Doug flew in on the helicopter or the one at Hatfield McCoy. The actual Grizzly introduction where Doug flew in was an average show. Again Doug spent too much time chit-chatting and not enough time showing the performance of the machine. The HM trip again spent too much time talking, but Doug did say they had trouble getting film footage of riding due to the rain. I would have liked to see more of the trail pictures, but I can understand the weather problems.

2. As for the Polaris 2 part intro of the SP700: This was a pretty decent series. Again Doug spent at least 10 minutes talking to some marketing guy from Polaris that could have been better used. Realizing that talking to the Polaris folks at their intro is important, but 10 minutes of chit-chatting is a little excessive. I would have suggested a shorter intro into the new features followed by the Polaris rider showing how they actually performed on the trails. This show did have some better riding footage than normal shows do though.

I know I sound pretty negative on the show. I think with a little improvement, it could be a great show. But hey, its the only true atv show out there, so I will continue to watch it.

Old 01-18-2002, 05:13 PM

Well, sure the host of any show would be interested in what his viewers are saying.. Doug is a True ATVer, he does this because he loves the sport. He may spend alot of time talking but he tries to explain aspects to all forms of riders, experienced and not very experienced..
As for the shows, I was in, the Hatfield and McCoy trail system show it was filmed in bad weather. We did ride quite a bit but it was very dark and not perfect for filming..
Now the Polaris 700 show was very cool, we rode @ the Richard Petty ranch. I was the one who rode through the Creek, the 700 handled high water with no problems. When I stood in the creek, the water was up to my chest.. I had a lot of fun there, Richard Petty is one of the nicest guys you could ever meet. Keep watching, a lot of good info comes from this show...

Old 01-18-2002, 05:51 PM
Pro Rider

ray

After rereading my original post, I probably did come across a little rough on Doug. He does seems like a good guy and really loves the sport of atving. My wife ususally watches the show with me and has often commented that Doug spends too much time talking about non atv related stuff. Such as the 10 minutes of talk with the old man about the Hatfield McCoy fued. This may be interesting, but not why I watch atv television.

You guys looked like you had fun on the HM trails. I haven't got down there to ride them yet and was hoping to see more trail footage, but weather is weather. As for the ride at the Petty ranch, that was some great scenes of you in the creek. Are you the one that had to jump off because it got too deep?

As for the part about Doug's opinions, it takes about one show to figure out what he likes on a machine. I wish he would take a more objective view of different atv designs before he makes recommendations. Again, all test ride shows should involve a panel and an objective rating system.

I keep waiting for him to do a show at Wayne National Forest (my favorite riding area). Now that would make a great show.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 01-18-2002, 06:05 PM

Oh, I understand.. Yes, I was the one who had to bail off when the water got to deep[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Don't be surprised if you get a repliy from Doug himself, I just talked with him and he may check out some of the ATVTV posts here on the forums. He always apprecates the thoughts from his viewers [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 01-18-2002, 08:08 PM

I was wondering, is this post on the forums? I could not find it in any of the marked postings on the main page.. Seems it is leftover from long ago.