How do you really feel?

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2006 | 01:24 AM
|
Range Rover
Default How do you really feel?

I'm a little brother myself and had the crap put on me like the next guy but a complete stranger making you feel like a donk? The Earnie kid was asking an honest question and bashed for his grammer. I just wanted to see the responce from fellow post dudes and dudetts, on their feelings about this subject. I think this has been productive, even running off course a bit. I also realize if you can't take a little crap, your probably in the wrong place. If your going to make someone feel stupid for asking a question or expressing a view, maybe you shouldn't post. Some of us dummies need all the input we can get. There is a great deal of experience and knowledge on this forum and i'm glad to have access to it. I hope to recieve the PHUC award.

Old 04-19-2006 | 01:28 AM
Elite Pro Rider

i wouldnt bash some1 for having bad grammer in typing, mine is terrible

it's what said that counts, not how it's spelt...unless it's to the point of where u cant even read it lol

Old 04-19-2006 | 02:11 AM
Pro Rider

Threads on this subject come up from time to time, and they always get a lot of responses. Every now and then I take a swipe at someone's grammar (spelled GRAMMAR), usually when extreme laziness is shown.

Fact of the matter is, if you can't communicate, chances are you aren't going to to very far. And to take the position of "Well you can tell what I mean so it's okay" adds a nice layer of ignorance to the original laziness. Fill out your next job application with a blue crayon and talk surfer dude language in your interview and see where you get. (hey man, u no wut im sayin dude so i get the job er wut)

Yes I am one of those older stodgy folks (I'm 45). And I'm all over my kids to develop good communication skills. I don't want them working for a Chinese company (who are currently kicking our manufacturing ***) because they fell behind like so many others are. The real world out there is some brutal stuff and you need all the advantages you can muster. As a business man I can tell you I tend to stay clear of folks who sound retarded and work more with those who come across as intelligent and thoughtful. If you're too lazy to spell or arrange a decent coherent thought you're left behind in my dealings.

Lastly before departing my soap box, don't be too defensive when someone steps in to correct you. Maybe they care enough to want to see a fellow atv'er to not seem to be an intellectually lazy slacker.

Old 04-19-2006 | 03:10 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I would like to appologize if I came across a bit strong earlier, and I accept your appologies as I hope you will accept mine. But for now, I need sleep.

Old 04-19-2006 | 12:49 PM
|
Range Rover

Mn, you said your bit and thanks for that. I'm fairly new to this so i haven't seen any discussions on this subject. Rascal mentioned that this comes up once in a while so anyway. Thanks for the input and opinions, i have a little different perspective on the subject now. Good forums like this take all kinds so i guess you take the good with the bad. Middleagedcrazy, i think we're on the same page. Have a great day !