Yamaha R7

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2006, 09:00 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yamaha R7

A buddy of mine just bougt a used R6 sport bike from a guy. The guy he bought it from said he was selling it to get an R7! I have heard of the R7 but never seen one in dealerships or for sale, they aren't even made anymore. I say the guy is full of it. Has anybody ever seen an R7?

Old 05-21-2006, 04:15 PM
"One Wheel Short"
slow day around the orafice I see!
Default Yamaha R7

Originally posted by: YamRap
A buddy of mine just bougt a used R6 sport bike from a guy. The guy he bought it from said he was selling it to get an R7! I have heard of the R7 but never seen one in dealerships or for sale, they aren't even made anymore. I say the guy is full of it. Has anybody ever seen an R7?
hear you go. 2000 YFZ R7 750cc crotch rocketthe R7

Old 05-21-2006, 04:26 PM
Pro Rider
Default Yamaha R7

actually there was one a few yrs back but very few were produced and they were made for racing. I think Ben Afelack and people like that were the only ones to get one in the US just b/c of their celebrity status.

here is a quote about it:
It is built for the track and it shows. The faster you ride it the more it likes it. Motorcycle Online correspondent Glenn Le Santo became one of the few people in the world who will ever experience the thrill of the Yamaha YZF-R7. Should you be envious? Read on and find out for yourself.

Great Britain, April 5, 1999 -- The Yamaha YZF-R7 OW-O2 has one purpose in life: To win races. You may have seen it displayed in various shows with lights and road gear but these have only been added in order to homologate the bike to meet F.I.M. regulations. Only 500 exacting, hand-made machines are being produced, making it one of the rarest production bikes ever to leave a Japanese factory. Even if you could afford the £20,000 ($32,000 USD) sticker price, you couldn't actually purchase the bike unless you can prove you have a full season's racing ahead of you. Of course, you could always sponsor a rider. Then at the end of the season you have an awesome track day tool to play with, if there is anything left of it after a hard year of racing at the Superbike level.

Technical Specifications
At first glance its spec sheet reads just like that of the YZF-R1 or R6. Like its cousins, the R7 is powered by a slant block, in-line, liquid-cooled, four-cylinder, four-stroke engine used as a fully stressed member of the chassis. But closer inspection of the spec sheet shows a wide divide between this racer and its road-going relatives.

more
and more