Why are Polaris and Matt Smiley lying?

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2006, 01:20 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Knows Old ATV Questions!
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Why are Polaris and Matt Smiley lying?

Thanks for the link. I wonder what he will be riding now? Hopefully it comes in a nice shade of Blue[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 05-22-2006, 01:37 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I believe he'll be on a trx450.

Old 05-22-2006, 02:43 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by: maddog56
I believe he'll be on a trx450.

I think that would be a safe bet, and only safer one would be just a 450.

Hey that all is very interesting with polaris running the pred instead of the outlaw. I mean I Know its still very new technology for a sport or race machine, but an IRS is something that all kinds of different forms of racing have used and relied on for years to produce faster lap times etc, and I am including the baja buggies in my thinking too.

Sure there is going to be a pretty long learning stage to get something as new as that set up right etc, but could it even be that the design was of a way that they couldnt get it even close?

I know of a couple people who had rode the outlaw before or right after its actual release and they thought it to be good but in need of improvement etc, and the general opinion I got was that it was a decent foudation to work on.

Just in theory alone an IRS should be superior in maintaining wheel to ground contact (and thats what is need for handling and acceleration right!!), and then add in the ability to seperately control the suspension action independently for each side, and I just cant see why they wouldnt consider it worth figuring out.

Still since I saw the same show you guys did, and couldnt believe how they pushed and hyped the machine (all a very clever add bit anyhow) but were not even running it, but I just figured they were using the pred as a fill in for whatever reason, and not as a replacement.

Even knowing all of this I have to think that if one of the mfg's can figure out the IRS for a true hp or race machine it would be a benefit for us all in the long run.

Old 05-22-2006, 11:00 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I meant that I had remembered reading somewhere that he would be on a honda from this point on, no mention of what sponsors and no mention of any factory deals.