Rhinos ruining single track trails?????

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2006, 10:30 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rhinos ruining single track trails?????

If you are able to drive a 68 inch wide vehicle on them already then those aren't the 'trails' that big vehicles are a problem on. Have fun. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-06-2006, 12:21 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 4wheelerfred
Originally posted by: OneFlyCowboy
Well screw all you guys.. thats what i gotta say.. I ride horses and horses were in the woods before any of your dam bicycles, motorcycles or quads or rhinos.. None of you shoudl be allowed to be anywhere in the woods with these evil things. they make noise and dust and big ruts. shame on you for thinkin you have anyrights to the woods. Horses only.
AHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA LMFAO AHAHAHA

what about the indians? we cant walk in there woods cuz they was here first!!!! pluse us fat *** americans are making the hiking trails to wide LOL
lol way to go fred [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-06-2006, 12:28 PM
Got Milk!
Blaming Guns For Crime Is Like Blaming a Spoon for Rosie O'Donnell being Fat!

SOme people have way to much free time! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 07-06-2006, 02:01 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Being retired is a hoot!

Originally posted by: Glenlivet
Lots of common sense in this thread, along with the sillyness.
Now responsible riders like the previous poster are never a problem. It's the guys who change a trail to accommodate themselves who just don't get it, and don't belong. Guys like the ones who get to a technical section that everyone rides, and they pry out rocks and cut roots or trees so that 'the wife' can ride through more comfortably, or the ones who carve out and widen a trail for their own passage, and take away the challange and sport for everyone else.

A good question, the Rhino thing. Sure, a Rhino isn't a whole lot wider than a quad. Trouble is, the Rhino's 54.5" track is very close to the Suzuki Samurai. And Sidekick. A trail widened to allow a Rhino will just be widened a bit more when yahoos in Samurais get to it. Lets just cut a few trees, ain't hurting anything after all...
Of course these vehicles weigh a lot more. Then the Tracker crowd will fudge it a bit more because they almost fit now. Just need to cut a few more trees and move a few rocks for them.
Then come the Jeeps, followed by full size 4x4's. Better get a BobCat in there and widen it a bit more. 'Hey, isn't that the mayor in a Lincoln Navagator'?
'Look, some guys in Hummers have a chainsaw out, they just need a couple of inches for their 7 foot wide Army 4x4's.'

Your nice technical trail you used to ride has now become a beer can strewn wasteland, where a yahoo in a 5000 LB. roaring truck with monster mudders might come around the corner and flatten you at any moment.
And the day one does flatten a recreational rider, the authorities will act to protect the public (read: themselves) and close the dangerous road and hooligan hangout.

No, to keep the insanity at bay there has to be a cutoff. A limit.
Since it is already accepted in many places that a 50 inch width restriction is the standard. Let's go with that. That is a single rider, or rider doubled recreation vehicle.

Just because some manufacturers have decided to create a vehicle a bit wider, and then wider yet, doesn't mean that all these new machines must be made a concession for, or belong everywhere a quad can go. If you have a vehicle too wide to ride quad trails then that's what you bought.
The world does not change to accommodate your whim. Get a quad if you want to ride quad trails. Quad trails are 50 inches.

This post makes a lot of sense. If the trail limit is set at a given width then wider rigs should stay off. Something that hasen't been mentioned is the length of the bigger rigs. Longer wheelbase means a bigger turning radius and corners that are much wider. This really shows up on switchbacks on hillsides. Ride where it is legal or were all going to lose the access to these areas. There always seem to be a few that are intent on screwing it up for everyone just to indulge themselfs. Human nature I guess and you'r never going to stop it.

OFC: You crack me up! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-06-2006, 02:51 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
FREE AND NOW are the best

Originally posted by: tencubed

Well to each their own I guess.. For me its all about riding.. I don't care if its wide open fire roads or running over brush making a new trail or riding the Quad trails or single track mocycle trails. really its all the same.. I'm Riding and thats what matters. My trails at home are 8'6" wide cuz thats the width of the Dozer blade they were made with. Some sections are smooth as the freeway and others quite challenging. but all that matters to a guy like me is My feet are on the pegs, my hand on the throttle and my ears hear the mochine goin vroom vroom. I pretty sure people just like to bitch about other people cuz they suck at riding.

Old 07-06-2006, 03:00 PM
Super Quad Patrol
Athens Archery Field Staff
Best lunch hour ever!

Well to each their own I guess.. For me its all about riding.. I don't care if its wide open fire roads or running over brush making a new trail or riding the Quad trails or single track mocycle trails. really its all the same.. I'm Riding and thats what matters. My trails at home are 8'6" wide cuz thats the width of the Dozer blade they were made with. Some sections are smooth as the freeway and others quite challenging. but all that matters to a guy like me is My feet are on the pegs, my hand on the throttle and my ears hear the mochine goin vroom vroom. I pretty sure people just like to bitch about other people cuz they suck at riding.

Some people cant except the fact that everyone is different. We all have our likes and dis-likes, but that does not mean we can impose our thoughts on them and expect them to except it. ITs life, and as soon as people wake up and realize what really matters is having fun, we will all get along just fine. Until then we will have bickering, complaing, and just plain bullchit! Ride what you brought, respect everyone else thats riding, and STFU. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 07-06-2006, 07:39 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Being retired is a hoot!

Not your trail width or what you believe OFC, some of the posts you make are just plain funny. I love the way you jack people up! And they bite on it so often. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-06-2006, 07:49 PM
Pro Rider

Just quit yer bitchin' recon. Where I live THERE ARE NO (0) trails to ride. Just be happy that you acutally have a legal place to ride.

Old 07-06-2006, 07:49 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
FREE AND NOW are the best

. I love the way you jack people up! And they bite on it so often. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
10-4 [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Stuiff like this is just stupid.. before there was quads.. there was mocycles. and before mocycles there was horses.. Horse trails were taken over by mocycles. and now many of the mocycle trails have been taken over by quads.. horse people bitch about mocycles on their trails mocyclers bitch about quads on their trails and now quads are bitcing about RUV's or UTVs.. Its a natural progression.. next RUV/UTV trail folks gonna be bitching about jeeps and bla bla bla.. people quit your bitching and enjoy what god gave us. Take the energy you desire to combat your fellow enthusiast and make a treehuggers life hell. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] thats what I'm talkin about.

Old 07-06-2006, 07:57 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: reconranger
Dirt bikers HATE quads, because our machines can have the effect of widening trails that were once nice challenging single track. Now the Rhino's have come along, and can quickly ruin the quad single tracks by widening them!

Standard quad trails in this state are 50". The Rhino is nominally 54.5" wide, but lots of machines are running rims with greater offset than stock, so many can be considerably wider than that.

I ride where there is a lot of dirt bike single track, and as a courtesy to my dirt bike brothers, I just stay off their trails so I don't ruin it for them. Wouldn't hurt if Rhino drivers would show the rest of the world the same courtesy!
I have always ridden dirtbikes, till last year..... never cared about the quads tearing up the trails...... ever.... I often see quads, horses, and dirtbikes using the parents land as access to trails but we all get along out here... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Rhinos ruining single track trails?????