Last Rebel Racing Co. fraud

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2000, 04:13 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

By the way, I just checked on Erik Cobb and he was the Vice President of Last Rebel Racing. I find it very hard to believe that someone that high up in the chain had no idea of the wrongdoings that were occuring.

Old 03-02-2000, 04:15 PM
Weekend Warrior

I have been following all of the comments on this topic. What I don't understand is why all of the blame is being pointed at Erik, is it because he was the one who most of you dealt with, therefore, feel that it should be a personal vendeta against him. Am I not correct in saying that Kip Kilburn was the owner of Last Rebel and ultimately the one that was responsible for the financial side of the company??
Does anyone see an apology from Kip here? No. Credit should be given where credit is deserved, and Erik deserves credit for facing the people that he has dealt with through LLR. He could have ignored everything just the way that Kip has.
It seems funny to me, that industry persons (Robert Rex, Doug Meyer) are not holding Erik responsible (if they were, it would be all over every editors page in every ATV publication), but you all are...
He has tried to make peace, start pointing your blame towards Kip! Buyer beware also, Kip is opening a new ATV Business, will you know if you are buying from him??

Old 03-03-2000, 01:37 AM
Range Rover

I would have to say the reason everyone here is flaming Eric is because he said in his post that he knew nothing about the ripping off the business did to it's customers. Clearly he did since he was the VP. I believe he's trying to clear his name for when he starts his own small scam, I mean small business. You gotta give it to the crooks, it took a little brains to figure out that after 60 days the credit card companies won't help in getting the creditters money back therefore leaving the creditters to fight their own battles of getting their money back. If I had this happen to me not only would I want my money back but I would contact every person that they ripped off and all of us file a suit against LRR. With this many angry customers who do you think would win and also tarnish the heck out of their records for life to make it that much harder to have a business to rip people off with.

Old 03-03-2000, 06:07 AM
Trailblazer

Wow! Sure glad I came to this post because not just 30 min's ago I was looking at LRR's ad in my dirtwheels mag and was thinking of ordering a seat cover from them. Not now, not ever.Thanks for the info.

Old 03-03-2000, 12:21 PM
Weekend Warrior

The official company name is Last Rebel Racing, Inc. If any of you know anything about Incorporating you have to name three people on your incorporation paperwork...President, Vice President and Treasurer. You are also supposed to have board meetings with these three people to keep them informed of what is going on with the business, do you think this was done? Is it possible that Erik was listed as VP just to get the paperwork processed? Do any of you know Kip or Erik personally?
And as for whoever said that their creditcard company wouldn't help because the charges were over 60 days old, should be just as pissed at their CC company as they are at Last Rebel. I know that you have 1 year to file a dispute on any charges that you have made...

Old 03-03-2000, 07:07 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

SOunds like quadgirlie knows these jokers... Why not give the people the address/phone of Erik or Kip so they can talk to them face to face. I dont see why you are defending these guys, they have ripped off more than a few people on this board and probably many others around the country. So what do you say? Give up the goods QuadGirlie...

RoostKing...

Old 03-03-2000, 09:27 PM
Weekend Warrior

No, I am not defending what Last Rebel has done, I don't agree with it at all.
I have just done some research also. I have met both of them, however, and just have a feeling that you all should focus your efforts on the only person who could get your money back, the financial man behind LRR, KIP.
On every occasion that I called Last Rebel, even when I asked to speak to the financial person, I was told that the owner handled that and I could never seem to get ahold of him.
I too got taken, I have just been raised to know that if someone makes an apology, they are making an effort. I see Cobbs apology, not Kilburn's, so I am focusing my efforts on the person who is ultimately responsible for what happened at Last Rebel, YOU ALL KNOW WHO THAT IS, KIP!! NOT COBB.
And as for that person who is thankful they logged onto this site before calling Last Rebel, get a clue, even if you did call, you would have gotten a disconnected line.

Old 03-04-2000, 01:49 AM
Range Rover

QuadGirlie, do you think anybody believes that Cobb is innocent? He hung up on me more than once, when trying to track down my parts. He knew what was goiong on, don't let him fool you. I'm sure every crook in the world would apologize to the people they ripped off, if they knew they wouldn't be punished. Tell Cobb he's a wanted man, and tell Trinity they're losing business daily by hiring that jack-***, Eric Cobb!

Old 03-04-2000, 08:14 PM
Range Rover

Kevhog's got it right. That's like kicking someone's butt and later saying I'm sorry for breaking your nose but my business partner was doing it so I thought it was OK for me to do it. Appology's rarely mean squat unless the person appologizing was once a friend or something to that affect. Quadgirlie read through all the posts before you post so you can get a good idea of the crap these poor guys went through. I'm not being a smartbutt but I've read all of these posts a while back and got all the key peices of info about this scam. Ya'll keep spreading the word about these crooks and it might get hard for these fellows to get a job and/or keep the one they have.

Old 03-09-2000, 07:09 PM
Trailblazer

I haven't orderd anything from LRR but I have read all these complaints. Being a lover of atv's I am going to contact trinity racing and give them a peice of my mind, If you all did the same maybe we could cause some kamotion.

Mojave...moto

Quick Reply: Last Rebel Racing Co. fraud