Last Rebel Racing Co. fraud

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2000, 01:51 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ordered Full Bore plastic for my son's Banshee last August. Last Rebel Racing billed my credit card in September. After repeated phone calls when they promised me it was being shipped, I just found out their phone is disconnected and they are out of business -- with my money!

Have any of you had similar problems with Last Rebel (or should I say my lost rubles!) or have any ideas on any recourse? They were a company out of Crestline, CA.

Old 01-26-2000, 10:08 AM
Trailblazer

If you paid by a credit card i believe you might be able to get credited back from them. Good luck

------------------
99 honda 450es locked,27" xts, and yellow

Old 01-26-2000, 02:39 PM
Pro Rider

Definately call your credit card company right away. They ~should~ help.

Old 01-26-2000, 04:55 PM
Pro Rider

Your not the only one they screwed. I order a sponsership kit back in May 1998. I only recieved a seat cover and was charged $175. Good luck on getting your money back.

Old 01-26-2000, 11:20 PM
Pro Rider

I got taken for $140. read the other posts for Last Ripoff Racing. Kip Kilburn and Eric Cobb are jerks. I hope they crash if they ever race again.

Old 01-28-2000, 07:12 AM
Range Rover

From what I have heard...... Eric Cobb now works for Trinity racing and Kip Is trying to open a new place. I dont know if he went Chapter 11 or just closed his doors. Its too bad because it doesnt make our sport look good when you have someone outright screwing people. The credit card companies have to get involved if you decide to cancel a charge.

good luck everyone

walter
88Banshee370-connecticut
95 Dodge Ram
99Quadbuddy

------------------

<a href="http://members.xoom.com/banshee370/">Banshee370 home of quads<a/>

Old 02-01-2000, 11:46 PM
Weekend Warrior

I recently read all of your comments regarding Last Rebel Racing. I apologize to each every person that feels that I had any involvement in the deception that took place between Last Rebel Racing and it’s customers. As a salesperson at Last Rebel, I was completely unaware and uninvolved in the financial doings that occurred while I was employed there. Once I became aware of what was really going on with the customer’s money and credit cards I promptly quit the company for fear of my name being tarnished.
Being in the ATV industry for over 13 years as a professional racer, test rider for magazines, working in the industry, promoting races, and dealing directly with a lot of great people in the ATV industry on a daily basis, the last thing I would ever want to do is rip someone off or make our sport look bad. I encourage you to seek financial restitution by contacting your credit card companies. And from the bottom of my heart I am very very sorry for what has happened to each and everyone of you. If there is anything you feel I can do to help your situation, feel free to contact me by e-mail: Quadcobb@aol.com.
Sincerely,
Erik Cobb

Old 02-02-2000, 01:29 AM
Trailblazer

In cause anyone was wondering the above person ERIC COBB sent me a letter saying the same as his post. I was surprized to get it, it also brought back some faith in people . Just wanted to let someone know

------------------
99 honda 450es locked,27" xts,dyno kit,k@n,winch

RIDE HARD RIDE ON RIDE WITH A HELMET

Old 02-02-2000, 02:26 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

He did call his company "Last Rebel Racing". Guess this last rebel ran his last race and FIRST scam...

RoostKing...

Old 02-07-2000, 03:59 PM
Weekend Warrior

The VISA company wasn't able to help us out because they said the charge was over 60 days old. LRR knew to string us along through the holidays so we couldn't get our money back. What jerks. They should be strung up by their toenails -- or something else!

They sure are a disservice to the industry.

Quick Reply: Last Rebel Racing Co. fraud