Gore is a sore loser!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2000 | 07:24 PM
|
Pro Rider

Well i can see my post got some interest. OK, i admit that my original post was going to get some flames it's just that i couldn't get away from all the headlines and it was driving me nuts. I just cant believe how screwed up the election got and i also believe the election should be based on the popular vote. Hopefully this will be over soon, i never paid this much attention to poltics before but how can anyone help not too, if you want to or not. This will go down as the closest election ever so i gotta give Gore that much.

Old 12-04-2000 | 08:52 PM
BLH
Pro Rider

Ok, I gotta disagree with one thing…. The Electoral College is a necessary thing. If the candidates ran for the popular vote, then a lot of states would get left out. Do you think that a candidate would spend any time at all with a state that didn’t have enough of a population to make any difference in the out come? No, those people would get left behind and forgotten, it would be the same with the minorities that don’t vote “as a whole” to make a difference as a people. But with the electors, we are all represented as equaly as is possible, so that not one group has any more say than another, so that all states stand on the same ground in choosing the president. The electors were also instated so that if the occasion ever did arise as it is now with the dispute in Florida. That the State Legislator can step in ad choose the electors, without that they could continue to count and recount forever, the 12th and the Legislator, will be able to put an end to it. Without the Electoral College, Florida, would at this point not be participating at all, because it would not be finalized by the 12th, who ever lost, would just contest again. It will be over soon, and hopefully, Gov. Bush will be our president.

Old 12-05-2000 | 04:24 AM
Pro Rider

Well,
Oh just forget it,im going riding,
Bill