Talladega anyone watch the race?

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2006 | 07:48 PM
Pro Rider
Default Talladega anyone watch the race?

Originally posted by: motox26
They ultimately want RC in the Cup, not just the trucks. And Im glad Martin isn't running the trucks, becaue he would annialate the field! That gets kind of boring, like when RC wins all the MX races[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

I agree with you about Ragan, he isn't ready IMO. They are sticking these drivers in Cup way to soon, especially guys like Yeley and Stremme. But there are exceptions to my rule, like Edwards and Hamlin.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]
He is running trucks, just not for Roush. He will be running a full truck schedule for MB2. As for Edwards and Hamlin, they are definitely exeptions for that rule.

Old 10-12-2006 | 09:18 PM
|
Pro Rider

rc is gonna race truck? awesome he has the racers instinct. and i was never a vickers fan and well it is the gentlemanly thing to race the chasers just a lil cleaner and i dunno if he did it on purpose but i know he had time to lift a lil to avoid getting into johnson. i heard this week that vickers is getting death threats and that is bull$hit cause this is racing i am mad but leave it on the track and for them guys to hack out in the trailor or on the track. i don't think vickers ever will be a great nascar driver cause he raced for hendrick motorsports for a while one of the best racing teams in nextel cup and he finally gets his first win, it shows he doesn't have the talent.

Old 10-13-2006 | 02:14 PM
Shed Knocker Rider
Harley Punk!

Originally posted by: CobraR6

He is running trucks, just not for Roush. He will be running a full truck schedule for MB2.
Im not saying your wrong, but I thought as of now he is just going to run a few truck races next year in a MB2 truck?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 10-14-2006 | 08:01 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: motox26
Originally posted by: CobraR6

He is running trucks, just not for Roush. He will be running a full truck schedule for MB2.
Im not saying your wrong, but I thought as of now he is just going to run a few truck races next year in a MB2 truck?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]
You could be right, and I may have read it wrong. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Old 10-16-2006 | 12:17 AM
Weekend Warrior

Martin is going to run a 20 race schedule for MB2 next year, I hope they switch to Ford's next year though, I can't believe Martin would do that to Ford w/ all of his contracts. I won't be pulling for my favorite driver (Martin) next year because he's not in a Ford. He says he doesn't know what his truck future lies ahead for him though. I hope he's in a Roush truck sometime to kick some serious a$$.

Old 10-16-2006 | 09:07 AM
Shed Knocker Rider
Harley Punk!

Originally posted by: newhollandtractor
Martin is going to run a 20 race schedule for MB2 next year, I hope they switch to Ford's next year though, I can't believe Martin would do that to Ford w/ all of his contracts. I won't be pulling for my favorite driver (Martin) next year because he's not in a Ford. He says he doesn't know what his truck future lies ahead for him though. I hope he's in a Roush truck sometime to kick some serious a$$.
You can't blame Martin for not driving a Ford. Martin was loyal to Roush for 19 years, did everything asked, and Roush still would put together a part time team for him, that's chitty IMO. A company as big as Roush could afford to put together a part time schedule for the 6 car, and would be smarter to because of not having a driver that is "ready" for it, no matte what the sponsor says. Somebody would be glad to Sponsor even a part time Martin.

Old 10-16-2006 | 09:44 AM
Pro Rider

Speaking of Martin, did anyone see what happend with him and JJ Yaley? JJ Yelley is definitely one of those that came to Cup WAY too early. He is always wrecking, or wrecking someone, and this week it was Martin. Who pulls onto pit road from the middle of the track? That doesnt even make sense to me. His spotter might not have told him Martin was coming, but it is still no excuse for pulling on from the middle of the track. If he would have been on the bottom of the track it never would have happend. I think he just decided then and there he was coming in and went for it. OH well, he is still fourth in points and we shall move on to next week.

Old 10-16-2006 | 09:58 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Originally posted by: newhollandtractor
You can't believe Martin would do that to Ford? Are you serious? The obvious situation here is Ford AND Roush have let Martin down.....and Mark is doing what he's gotta do. Do you honestly think Martin, still one of the best drivers competing, WANTED to go to MB2 next year and run mid pack?

Old 10-16-2006 | 10:14 AM
Shed Knocker Rider
Harley Punk!

The Yeley thing was ridiculous, and could have killed Martin with that wreck simular to Earnharts.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Good thing for the safer berrier walls.

As for the MB2 comment, it really looks like the new owner Ginn is trying to make things happen, with Martin and Carmichael coming, and then Joe and Sterling finished 9th and 11th I believe.

Old 10-16-2006 | 10:48 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

one of my friends gets to do a meet and great with earnhart jr this weekend....lucky sob

Quick Reply: Talladega anyone watch the race?