Talladega anyone watch the race?

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2006 | 01:07 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Default Talladega anyone watch the race?

There is a GOOD reason why Ward has not been driving recently. Yates needs to turn his program around.....not hold it down. How 'bout that Martinsville run??

Old 10-23-2006 | 02:04 PM
Shed Knocker Rider
Harley Punk!

Originally posted by: garyc660R
There is a GOOD reason why Ward has not been driving recently.
?????????

Old 10-23-2006 | 02:41 PM
Range Rover

Hated to see Burton have the engine trouble at Martinsville. Deffinately looking to be a shootout at Homestead. Harvick made a good day out of a bad one. Heres something to think about. Harvick locked up the Busch title and currently sits second in Cup points. He has had an amazing season, his best so far. Do you believe as strong as he has been running that GM Goodwrench pulled there sponsorship from the 29 for next season? They just want to be an associate sponsor. Next year Harvick will pilot the #29 Pennzoil/Shell Chevrolet. Now I have to buy some yellow gear. I hope I'm not mistaken for a Kenseth fan!

Old 10-23-2006 | 02:44 PM
Shed Knocker Rider
Harley Punk!

It's going to be so weird not having a Goodwrench car out there.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 10-29-2006 | 10:11 PM
Pro Rider

Three races left....Kenseth leads....Johnson close behind. The top 5 are separated by 84 points. Who do ya'll think will pull it off?

Ill be pulling for Kenseth....and anyone else besides Johnson!

On a second note, what did you guys think of that last debris caution near the end of the race. I bet if you check Robbie Gordons car, it will be missing something. I know for a fact he was the car that got the lucky dog during that yellow. I remember thinking to myself he was the one that threw it out the window, and I think the footage after the race was proof enough. It was hilarious how while they were interviewing him they kept rewinding it and making him watch it over and over. He still wouldnt man up to it though. lol

Old 10-29-2006 | 11:29 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Originally posted by: CobraR6
Three races left....Kenseth leads....Johnson close behind. The top 5 are separated by 84 points. Who do ya'll think will pull it off?

Ill be pulling for Kenseth....and anyone else besides Johnson!

On a second note, what did you guys think of that last debris caution near the end of the race. I bet if you check Robbie Gordons car, it will be missing something. I know for a fact he was the car that got the lucky dog during that yellow. I remember thinking to myself he was the one that threw it out the window, and I think the footage after the race was proof enough. It was hilarious how while they were interviewing him they kept rewinding it and making him watch it over and over. He still wouldnt man up to it though. lol
LOL yeah i was like WTF then i started cracking up[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 10-30-2006 | 11:37 AM
Shed Knocker Rider
Harley Punk!

Obviously it's looking like the 17 and 48 are the favorites, but if they have trouble quite a few others will be back in it. I hate to say it, but I think the 48 will outrun the 17 in the next few races.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img] I still think the 11, 31, and 8 cars still have a descent shot at it.

As for Robby, I really wouldn't doubt it if he did, but they have been doing that for years. Heck, Earnhardt Sr. used to throw his glove out the window![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 10-30-2006 | 02:20 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: motox26
Obviously it's looking like the 17 and 48 are the favorites, but if they have trouble quite a few others will be back in it. I hate to say it, but I think the 48 will outrun the 17 in the next few races.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img] I still think the 11, 31, and 8 cars still have a descent shot at it.

As for Robby, I really wouldn't doubt it if he did, but they have been doing that for years. Heck, Earnhardt Sr. used to throw his glove out the window![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]
Oh yes, it has been going on for years. THe funny part here was they caught him in the act, and he was trying his best to get out of it. Guilt was written all over his face[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 10-31-2006 | 03:38 AM
Range Rover

LOL that was funny to see Robby trying to get out of that.

Hated to see Harvick run like he did. I believe he may be out of it. He will run well at Phoenex but the 1 1/2 mile program is just terrible. If Harvick or Burton can't win it then I don't really care as long as it's not the 48 or the 17. Maybe Hamlin can pull it off.

Old 10-31-2006 | 12:12 PM
Shed Knocker Rider
Harley Punk!

I hate to say it, but I think Harvick is out of it. Realistically I think the top 5 only have a legitimate shot at it with 3 races to go unless something wild happens.

Quick Reply: Talladega anyone watch the race?