Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default For those who think we have a liberal media

YAWN

Old 12-12-2006, 01:31 AM
Pro Rider

Hondabuster- You seem to have all the answers so what should the US do with Iraq....enlighten us, you knee jerk liberals are all the same....just yap, yap, yap...blah, blah, blah.....nothing but complaints and theory about how things should run.

Whats funny about these liberals is how they feel about Bush is how conservatives felt about Clinton, When Clinton was in office he was the medias golden boy, most of the print and tv media loved him and were charmed by him.

One last thing, you say "most" of the media called for Clinton to resign but you only cite 1 editorial article about this from one newspaper, and then you claim a handful of other newspapers called for his resignation.

Here is my challenge for you, find out what the top 100 newspapers are in this country and research them back to that Clinton time and find the specific articles on how they called for Clintons resignation. I know you will not do this because the truth would probably upset you, my guess would be that 20-30 may have called for his resignation but the majority probably did not.

One last thing, if Iran and Syria were out of the picture then Iraq would be a non-issue, it is those 2 countries support and funding of insurrgents that has slowed things up in Iraq.

Old 12-12-2006, 10:23 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: dirthead
Hondabuster- You seem to have all the answers so what should the US do with Iraq....enlighten us, you knee jerk liberals are all the same....just yap, yap, yap...blah, blah, blah.....nothing but complaints and theory about how things should run.

Whats funny about these liberals is how they feel about Bush is how conservatives felt about Clinton, When Clinton was in office he was the medias golden boy, most of the print and tv media loved him and were charmed by him.

One last thing, you say "most" of the media called for Clinton to resign but you only cite 1 editorial article about this from one newspaper, and then you claim a handful of other newspapers called for his resignation.

Here is my challenge for you, find out what the top 100 newspapers are in this country and research them back to that Clinton time and find the specific articles on how they called for Clintons resignation. I know you will not do this because the truth would probably upset you, my guess would be that 20-30 may have called for his resignation but the majority probably did not.

One last thing, if Iran and Syria were out of the picture then Iraq would be a non-issue, it is those 2 countries support and funding of insurrgents that has slowed things up in Iraq.

This comming from someone who is gonna rip apart a Mustang restored to original condition

Yes I am implying you have a few screws loose.....

"My father passed down to me his 66' Mustang that he had restored to original condition back in 1982 and now its my car and needs to be overhauled so to speak."

Old 12-12-2006, 11:59 AM
Pro Rider

squeegee, you just proved my point, a liberal running his mouth off about something he knows nothing about. After my father restored the mustang in 1982 he used that car as his daily transportation from 1982 till 1996 when he retired from the Air Force, after that the car was driven very little. After close to 200k+ miles and being used almost daily for 15 years do you think a car just might need a few things done to it....do you? I do want to change a couple of things with it, like go to a larger carb and run dual exhuast, and maybe do the conversioin to disk brakes from the drums........but I don't doing those things altering the value that much.....and besides the car will never be sold by me so why do I care.
Whats amazing out of the several hundred posts I have made on this website over the past 5+ years that is the best you can come up with to "try" and slam on me......come on buddy, go thru all my post and find something that really upsets you and then come back and post something...

Old 12-12-2006, 12:14 PM
Pro Rider

I am registerd as an independant because both parties serve only themselves...I wish you could see that!

I only want to post the truth and expose the misdeeds of those who are in control....Is that wrong? I wish we could not bicker about liberal vs. conservative cause that serves nether me nor you?

The way I see it....you were the first to make that mistake...."a liberal running his mouth off" ect,ect,ect.....

Old 12-12-2006, 12:21 PM
Got Milk!
Blaming Guns For Crime Is Like Blaming a Spoon for Rosie O'Donnell being Fat!

Originally posted by: dirthead
That is a great point, we can stop them now, over on there land, or we can fight them here in the US while they attack us. I have a good friend that is Lenonese and lives in Greece now, but had lived in Iraq for 7 years and still has friends/family there. She said that dispite what the "CNN" is reporting almost everyone in Iraq is glad that Saddam is gone, and the country will be better off thanks to the US armed forces.

Maybe I got a little off subject, but the point is it doesn't matter if you like Bush or hate him, what happened in the past is irrerelevent and we need to correct the situation now, now and not worry about history. I for one feel we have a job to finish so that the Iraq people can be safe, and that my kids can be too.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] (I have lots of smarts two so I knows what me is talking aboot. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] )

Old 12-12-2006, 04:13 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Being retired is a hoot!

Originally posted by: Catterman

Maybe I got a little off subject, but the point is it doesn't matter if you like Bush or hate him, what happened in the past is irrerelevent and we need to correct the situation now, now and not worry about history. I for one feel we have a job to finish so that the Iraq people can be safe, and that my kids can be too.
Catterman I have read your posts for some time and appreciate your input even if I don't always agree with your point of view. What you have posted here, however, I must take exception to.

There is an old saying to the effect that "He who fails to learn from his history is doomed to repeat it". This has held true for a very long time. I don't know if you really thought about this but can't, considering many of your past comments, understand why you would advocate ignoring what has happened and attempt to correct this situation by simply saying "do over".

I don't think that will work. I fully agree we have a job to finish and what we are doing now is not working but also know there is no simple or easy way to set aside thousands of years of distrust and religious bigotry without understanding the past.

Just my opinion but I feel I have a valid point.

Old 12-12-2006, 04:48 PM
Got Milk!
Blaming Guns For Crime Is Like Blaming a Spoon for Rosie O'Donnell being Fat!

Originally posted by: tencubed
Originally posted by: Catterman

Catterman I have read your posts for some time and appreciate your input even if I don't always agree with your point of view. What you have posted here, however, I must take exception to.

There is an old saying to the effect that "He who fails to learn from his history is doomed to repeat it". This has held true for a very long time. I don't know if you really thought about this but can't, considering many of your past comments, understand why you would advocate ignoring what has happened and attempt to correct this situation by simply saying "do over".

I don't think that will work. I fully agree we have a job to finish and what we are doing now is not working but also know there is no simple or easy way to set aside thousands of years of distrust and religious bigotry without understanding the past.

Just my opinion but I feel I have a valid point.
Sorry about that tencubed, you are right. I don't think I did a good job explaining myself. Yes I agree that it is good to study history so we don't repete our doom, what I was trying to get at is the Democrates and Republicans seem to spend so much time talking about what they should have done, instead of thinking about what they need to do now.

Old 12-12-2006, 05:12 PM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: hondabuster
Newspapers That Once Called Upon Clinton To Resign Are Silent On Bush
By MARC McDONALD

Not one major newspaper has called for Bush to resign.

I thought that newspaper were to report the news?

Old 12-12-2006, 05:13 PM
Range Rover

Democtrats = Ethics reform

Quick Reply: For those who think we have a liberal media