View Poll Results: Is $250k a year rich?
Yes
73.91%
No
26.09%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Is $250k a year rich?

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2008, 03:35 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is $250k a year rich?

Sounds like you know what you're talking about TC. Except I was one of the 10% that agreed with the bailout plan. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

How do you think the tax code should be structured?

Old 10-17-2008, 09:42 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 168 Likes on 167 Posts

AIG is a perfect example of why we shouldn't have bailed them out. They get over 125B (not M). Their execs have spent over 500k on "retreats" since the bailout.

I say screw em. Give the money back and fail. You've failed the American public already.

Old 10-17-2008, 10:10 AM
Shed Knocker Rider
Harley Punk!
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: JustRandy

How do you think the tax code should be structured?</end quote></div>

I think we should have a National Sales tax, I don't understand why we don't. No income taxes, just raise the taxes on eveything we buy, with the higher the luxury, the higher the tax percentage. Then EVERYONE pays taxes like illegal immigrants, drug dealers, etc.

From what I understand, a National sales tax is what we're supposed to have anyways, and what we had until the depression. The Gov't started Income tax as a temporary thing to get some sort of revenue coming in during that time.

Old 10-17-2008, 10:19 AM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This whole "economic" thing works for Obama...becasue it crowds out other very important issues that need to be discussed!!

What do you think is going to happen if we have Obama in the Whitehouse, and Dems controling the House and Senate??? They are going to run wild and unchecked on environmental issues and gun control. They will turn absolutely everything into a wilderness area and you won't have anywhere to ride. Then they will take your guns, because they fear an armed revolt against their Communist regime!!! This will be the end of a free Amreica as we know it! It will happen.....

Can you say Venesuela???

Old 10-17-2008, 10:27 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!

If this loads, it's a perfect example of the pricing difference here. Homes are anywhere from 60k to 660k, for the median price. So, 250k a year spent wisely here could make you a rich person.

Dallas area home sales

Old 10-17-2008, 03:12 PM
Shapeshifter Rider

It's all relative to your area.Where I live if you make 250k a year your pretty well off.I like Obama but if he wants his tax plan to work it needs to be worked by region.My GIANT problem with mcain is that he is giving tax breaks to big companies to move out of America.There are towns across America built around these companies and now if it weren't for the union these people would be out of a job.Honeywell where my father works they just set up 3 factories 2 in china one in mexico,he planned on retiring there but with a 30% paycut and almost no benefits now he walks in everyday not knowing if he will walk out with his job next contract will be especially stressfull.The old middle class is the new poor and the and the new middle class is the old rich.

Old 10-17-2008, 03:19 PM
Elite Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: motox26

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: JustRandy

How do you think the tax code should be structured?</end quote></div>

I think we should have a National Sales tax, I don't understand why we don't. No income taxes, just raise the taxes on eveything we buy, with the higher the luxury, the higher the tax percentage. Then EVERYONE pays taxes like illegal immigrants, drug dealers, etc.

From what I understand, a National sales tax is what we're supposed to have anyways, and what we had until the depression. The Gov't started Income tax as a temporary thing to get some sort of revenue coming in during that time.</end quote></div>

Here's a good movie about the IRS and how there is no law that we should pay taxes, etc. Its long, but highly recommended. http://video.google.com/videop...d=-1656880303867390173

Old 10-17-2008, 03:50 PM
Elite Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: reconranger

This whole "economic" thing works for Obama...becasue it crowds out other very important issues that need to be discussed!!

What do you think is going to happen if we have Obama in the Whitehouse, and Dems controling the House and Senate??? They are going to run wild and unchecked on environmental issues and gun control. They will turn absolutely everything into a wilderness area and you won't have anywhere to ride. Then they will take your guns, because they fear an armed revolt against their Communist regime!!! This will be the end of a free Amreica as we know it! It will happen.....

Can you say Venesuela???</end quote></div>

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: scrambler400enoge

It's all relative to your area.Where I live if you make 250k a year your pretty well off.I like Obama but if he wants his tax plan to work it needs to be worked by region.My GIANT problem with mcain is that he is giving tax breaks to big companies to move out of America.There are towns across America built around these companies and now if it weren't for the union these people would be out of a job.Honeywell where my father works they just set up 3 factories 2 in china one in mexico,he planned on retiring there but with a 30% paycut and almost no benefits now he walks in everyday not knowing if he will walk out with his job next contract will be especially stressfull.The old middle class is the new poor and the and the new middle class is the old rich.</end quote></div>

The problem is there are so many issues and only 2 candidates. I'll pay less tax with Obama http://www.electiontaxes.com/ but now you say I'll lose my riding area, ok, but then tax breaks to big companies to move overseas doesn't sound good either.... Damned if I do, damned if I don't.

It doesn't make sense anyway... How can one group say you have the right to decide if you want to have an abortion, but not the right to decide if you want to own a gun? How can the other group say they take your taxes to fund capital punishment, but you can't have an abortion? Why can't they just separate themselves into the civil rights group and the fascist group?

I think its a citizen's duty to own a few guns. The whole idea the founding fathers had was for the people to have the power of revolution so the government doesn't get too powerful.

Old 10-17-2008, 03:57 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!

There's been 3 burglars shot and killed by homeowners here in the past week or so. They passed the Castle Doctrine which gives the homeowner the right to do so. Now to me, they just saved the cost of a trial, jail time and the costly appeals to come.

And I won't give up my guns. They can pass all the laws they want, but I know I'm not alone on this one.

Old 10-17-2008, 04:32 PM
Administrator¿
Resident Killer!
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men". Willy Wonka: 1971
Cigars! Earth ne'eer did breed such a jovial weed.
A Tiger Doesn't Lose Sleep Over Opinions of Sheep
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Scootergptx

There's been 3 burglars shot and killed by homeowners here in the past week or so. They passed the Castle Doctrine which gives the homeowner the right to do so. Now to me, they just saved the cost of a trial, jail time and the costly appeals to come.

And I won't give up my guns. They can pass all the laws they want, but I know I'm not alone on this one.</end quote></div>

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Is $250k a year rich?