Where to learn ATV repair???

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2013, 12:52 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

More and more big shops are requiring at least a certificate from an accredited technical school such as MMI,etc plus now online courses are there if anyone is considering this as a serious vocation. Yes, on some of the smaller shops you can still get your foot in the door with at least some mechanical ability and start out doing simple maintenance and learning from the experienced techs. You still will have to go to all the tech schools,new model classes and update schools to be able to be certified for yourself and also for the shop you work for.If a shop doesn't have at least one "certified" tech for each brand,it's hard to get your full shop labor rates on warranty repairs,dealer parts price breaks,incentives and some manufacturers can drop you as a seller if you dont!This is for each brand of atv or motorcycle your shop carries! A lot of classes on multi line dealerships.Polaris also required a two week recertification every three years either up north or in Florida.Polaris started to take some up dates online before I retired. KTM had there classes in California and a couple"lucky" guys at the shop even went to Austria,but the old man had to man the home front while they played!Plus you'd be surprised at how many out of state fellas came here that were really serious. https://www1.dcccd.edu/catalog/progr...ech_cert&loc=3

Old 11-06-2013, 12:57 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 164 Likes on 163 Posts

Wish I had the time and money. I'd like to take those courses just for me.