Where is the responsibilty line drawn?

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2001 | 11:03 PM
Pro Rider

fkna,lets see we can keep the quad get rid of the wife,pull an oj make pretend nothing happened keep riding on the golf courses of america,those hills = big air believe me,teach her how to ride and show her how fun it is to get the *** end to slide out and get the quad to rev out as ya come outta that figure 8,shrug ya shoulders and go riding any way,Last but not least Responsibility whats that ?!! LOL this last post is just for kicks hope some 1 gets a laugh from it.

Old 03-31-2001 | 12:35 AM
Trailblazer

Alot of this talk seems to be the subject in my government class right now. About a week ago, we reviewed 6 stages of moral Critical Thinking. I'm not going to go into great detail about everything, But it was produced of 3 Levels. It was quite interesting how everything related to everything else, when talking about government and laws and such.

The thing that gets me on this post (I dont post often) are the issues of responsibility. Being 17 years old, I cannot vote yet. But does that deem me Ignorant of politicians, and what they do? It shouldn't and it doesnt. I am responsible to find out what the hell is going on in this country right now. Thus far, i have found myself to be a conservative thinker (Republican, traditionalist) on most issues. Sure, some things Politicians do bother the hell out of me. Does that mean I should just ignore what they say/do and be ignorant of their actions?

Teach people reponsibilty at a young age. When the time comes for myself to have children, I hope I don't raise them the same way my dad raised me, but teach them morals at a very young age.

The question about responsibilty will always be asked, How far should you go?
I say 100%. Some one kills some one. They die. I dont care how drunk they were, or what they were doing, they messed up, that person is NOT coming back. The family of the person he killed are Grieving, his should be doing the same.

Disregard Spelling errors, please.

Old 04-03-2001 | 02:25 AM
Trailblazer

Yes, what they said. I was thinking, if the death penalty was made public, on ABC/NBC/CBS, maybe people could get a sense of realism and there would be alot less crime.

It just seems that people don't see the consequences of others and can't learn from their experiences.

Old 04-03-2001 | 03:16 AM
Pro Rider

chrisjack...I believe you are on the right track. So many of lifes good decisions rely on ethics rather than written law. When you go beyond the basic written laws of the land you will find that higher ethical and moral weight is given to the law than just the letter of the law.
During the Hitler regime people did what they were told because their lives were threatened. During the bloodshed of the Rwandan conflict people went along with political and religious leaders that were especially charismatic about their hatred of other people.
In the end all of these people were,and are, being held accountable to the higher moral and ethical laws that all people should be cultivating through their conscience. Unfortunately human society as a whole, whether in the remote villages in Rwanda or in the high tech well educated confines of modern cities, has an increasingly degraded sense of morality and ethics. What makes it worse is that people as a whole think that their leaders, [political, religious or otherwise] will "straighten things out". Humanity does not have the self dicipline to make the sweeping changes neccessary to "straighten" themselves out therefore any leader or even group of leaders are incapable of making things better for the human family.
I would find it very interesting to see what your teacher[s] think of this "ATV" discussion, keeping in mind that it started as a statement that "drinking and driving don't mix" and has developed into a discussion on ethics and morals. I invite you to print it out and give it to them for their review.
Let me know how it turns out.
dave AKA Holyman
runnvs1@peoplepc.com

Old 04-03-2001 | 03:43 AM
Pro Rider

sugarhead...I'm truely sorry to hear about your great loss. There can be no other feeling like that of losing your parents. I'm sure most of us can relate to losing someone we love to death. When I think of how un-natural it is for someone to die, especially because of a dreadful illness, I remind myself that there will be a time soon when I and all of the family and friends that I've lost will be able to look back to today and say that the tears of sorrow and death and mouring and outcry and pain are no more. The things that we now suffer will have passed away.