How many Illinois riders would be willing to ride your quad to the State building in Chicago?

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2001, 05:16 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was wondering how many Illinois riders would be willing to ride their quads to the State building to show that there are ATV riders in Illinois that have NOWHERE to ride? Since there is money that is set aside each year for ATV trail development I was wondering where the money goes? I figure if one of the ATV clubs could organize a few hundred people ON THEIR QUADS to show up and give a speach or something, at least it would be on the news. You know like the farmers did a few years back when they drove their combines and tractors down Lasalle st.

Old 04-15-2001, 02:20 PM
Pro Rider

call your state reps,collect signatures, call state park service, be annoying......count on me.I love to send e mails and call my state reps. I did in the past.It worked for me.

Old 04-16-2001, 02:22 AM
Pro Rider

Isn't the capital in Springfield?

Old 04-16-2001, 03:40 PM
Pro Rider

I will be more than willing to go, especially since it's only a few blocks from my work. I am not going to ride my quad though. If the cops don't kill you, you will die in cook county jail. The cops up here have quads too, I can never figure out what they are but they don't look too fast.

Old 04-17-2001, 08:48 AM
Pro Rider

Yes the Capital is in Springfield but the Dept of Natural Resources is in Chicago.

I have also noticed that the cops have quads. I'm dying to know what kind of mods they have on them and what kind of plates they run so I can get the same on mine.
All in all I was just testing the waters to see if anyone was willing to make our cause known. It might not be too convincing if me and 2fiftyX are standing in the courtyard by ourselves.
What we need to see is lil Geo [our new president] on a quad. Of course he'd wind up being seen on a quad running over some baby seals so he could build a gas pipeline or something.
I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Old 04-17-2001, 03:10 PM
Pro Rider

Holyman,
Well I would still be willing to go. It would be nice to have some legal local places to ride but there are still some places to go and I don't get harrassed by the cops at all. I live in a very quad friendly own, Manhattan. Also, I would not care to much for having to register my quad and get plates and stikers and that kind of bull crap like other states have to do.

I don't think the cops in Chicago have any plates on there quads, if they do I'm sure they are only for cops. One thing that I've seen in Chicago that was pretty funny was watching bangers riding around the Robert Taylor Homes when I went to a Sox game. They had a 400ex and a banshee with trails going thru the ghetto. Freakin Hillarious!

Old 04-18-2001, 07:05 AM
Pro Rider

Let me get this straight...you saw gang members riding quads thru the "hood" ?!?
That is the most outrageous thing I've ever heard. I wonder if they had gang symbols spray painted on the side of their quads :-D
I have often wondered why people didn't ride quads in the abandoned parts of the city. Think of this...rather than build a bunch of new condos on the sites where the projects are/were why not build a Chicago lakefront riding park? That way all people could really be united in their participation in atving rather than throwong out the poor folks that can't afford 300 grand for a lakefront apartment.

Old 04-18-2001, 11:43 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hello Holyman and others,

This is the first time I have posted, actually registered tonight. Three Things:

First of all, I just wanted to say "Hello" from another frustrated Illinois ATV owner (actually soon to be owner as I pick it up on Saturday):.)) Holyman we are practically neighbors I am just up the street from you in Zion. Maybe we can ride sometime, if we can find somewhere to ride. LOL. What quad do you own??

Secondly, I want to thank everyone who reads this for their help in assisting me with my purchase. I have found a lot of good information on this board over the last month and I appreciate all of it. I can tell by the posts that any questions that I have with my ATV, I know where to get answers.

Lastly, in anticipation of my purchase, I have been scouring the internet looking for public lands to ride graciously given to us by the State DNR. Much to my amazement, I have not been able to find a single place around (take that back, I think we can ride up at Bong). The other thing that I have not been able to do is find a regional ATV club. The closest that I have found is in South-Central Wisconsin (WATVA). I could not be an active member in the association but my family originates from that area and I may join and participate in a few of their events to show support for all ATV'rs.

Well Get in touch with me via email if you feel like attempting to do something about this [red] shameful [/red] situation that we have in Illinois.

Old 04-19-2001, 01:58 AM
Weekend Warrior

Holyman,

I don't know if you have seen this page on the website but take a look.

http://dnr.state.il.us/legislation/consrv/offhwy.htm

It looks as though a portion of our $30 title fee is supposed to go private ATV clubs that request it for acquiring and maintaining property for its use. As I mentioned in my earlier post, I don't personally know of any clubs in the area but if you do, I would love to hear about them. Hell maybe we could even start a North Shore ATV club.

Mike

Old 04-21-2001, 12:05 AM
Trailblazer

they are polarises i think trail bosses

Quick Reply: How many Illinois riders would be willing to ride your quad to the State building in Chicago?